No announcement yet.

US Foreign Policy 3.0: We're The Mets of International Diplomacy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LOL, the UAE is now calling on all OPEC members to increase oil production. The Biden admin is going after OPEC hard.

The things this admin is doing in the space of three weeks is just unreal. United the west, strengthened NATO, destroyed russia, now he's trying to blow up OPEC...
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      I guarantee you that we've had at least backchannel, if not official state dept, comms with Iran about oil and normalization. Already seeing signs of it with Venezuela.
      I hope so.

Integrating Iran back into the Western sphere by diplomacy would put the nail in the Neoconservative coffin for the next hundred years.

All the more important if we lose India to religious zealotry.

Make MBS crap himself, too.

Last edited by Kepler; 03-10-2022, 01:03 PM.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I hope so.

Integrating Iran back into the Western sphere by diplomacy would put the nail in the Neoconservative coffin for the next hundred years.

yeah.. India going full Nazi is not a good thing for the world. I'm not even sure zealotry is strong enough a word. It's at the tipping point of becoming something far more sinister. There are 189 million Muslims in India. The rhetoric coming from the government and the supporters is ominous and I'd be terrified if I were one of those 189 million.
        Code:
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

WHich reminds me. I guarantee you that we've had at least backchannel, if not official state dept, comms with Iran about oil and normalization. Already seeing signs of it with Venezuela.
          It's already been reported that Biden is talking to Venezuela and even Iran (through back channels). The only one left is Saudi Arabia, and Biden is still reductant to do that because of his personal distaste for the Prince, but it's reported Biden has people talking to the father.
          Russell Jaslow
          [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
          U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

I hope so.

Irani people are ****ing awesome.
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I hope so.

Fk mbs. Another thug on the world stage.
              A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

• Originally posted by Russell Jaslow View Post

It's already been reported that Biden is talking to Venezuela and even Iran (through back channels). The only one left is Saudi Arabia, and Biden is still reductant to do that because of his personal distaste for the Prince, but it's reported Biden has people talking to the father.
                I thought KSA, and specifically MBS, turned down a call from Biden.
                Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

You have to remember that there are still parts of the world that don't understand the internet. So they will be taken advantage of. It's low hanging fruit.

Think of Boomers/Gen-X'ers here who fell down the propaganda rabbit hole over the past 10 years. Lots of the world lags behind us when it comes to people using/understanding the internet. Those growing pains are still to come for them.

The bigger problem is human nature; not people not understanding the internet. Most people willfully seek information that validates their confirmation bias. They choose to envelope themselves in an echo-chamber and is how people fall down the propaganda hole.

We're worlds away from the days when people held differing opinions, yet still had a common ground meeting point because they received news from the same source like a Cronkite.
                  Last edited by Steffek; 03-10-2022, 02:42 PM.

Comment

• Israel reminding the world that "Hey, we're still as--sholes too!"

Israel's Knesset passes law barring Palestinian spouses
                    https://www.reuters.com/world/middle...es-2022-03-10/
                    Code:

Comment

I thought KSA, and specifically MBS, turned down a call from Biden.
                      From what I read, yes. MBS is still ticked off at Biden's lack of reception since Biden took office. But I don't think Biden made the call. I think an intermediary did, and MBS still refused the call.
                      Russell Jaslow

Comment

From what I read, yes. MBS is still ticked off at Biden's lack of reception since Biden took office. But I don't think Biden made the call. I think an intermediary did, and MBS still refused the call.
                        Could be. Never know anymore given much self-referencing "confirmations" there are these days.
                        Code:

Comment

• Long and detailed but interesting.

In the middle Arne makes the analogy between China : Russia now and Germany : Austria-Hungary in early 20th century.

Snyder makes a fascinating comment: this is the first major geopolitical crisis in which China has more influence than we do.
                          Last edited by Kepler; 03-10-2022, 05:27 PM.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Do they? Because it seems like biden has basically rallied the world and China has basically been relegated to sit the **** down and shut the **** up status.
                            Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                              I really don't agree. Businesses also want stability. And vlad has pretty much thrown that out the window. As much saber rattling China does, the business environment is still stable enough for the cheap labor we get from there. Russia can't even offer that without a constant risk of attacking other people.
                              It didn't even take that long: https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...ions-rcna19584
                              Russell Jaslow

Comment

Guess we should all be paying attention to the companies who want to make money in russia when they fight a war like this.

Comment

Working...
                                X