This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Yes, these people exist, I have been banned from their subs on reddit.

In numbers they couldn't even fill Lynah Rink. And yet some are constantly whinging about them either because they are deploying a cynical rhetorical tactic or they genuinely believe in this strawman.
    Its more than you think...and the reason we whine is because those types are what a lot of people/voters believe the Left is truly about. They are the default face of it because they are the loudest. They say the dumbest things, they do even dumber things and they suck the air out of the entire Left agenda by doing it. Part of that is because we don't shut them up like we should. Thankfully, in some places, that seems to be changing lets just hope it isn't too late...

Sometimes you seem to forget that most voters aren't as engaged or informed as we are so the things that grab attention are the things that they remember when going to the ballot box.

(to be fair I live in a very Blue area I see a lot of these people and they have positions of power in my State)
    Last edited by Handyman; 03-09-2022, 10:50 AM.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Isn't it starting to seem like Putin is now flat out daring the West to do this so he can have his war? Like he read the tea leaves and realized Ukraine won't be enough of a win after all of this and now he needs the whole megillah? I mean he isn't even trying to hide his atrocities...
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Isn't it starting to seem like Putin is now flat out daring the West to do this so he can have his war? Like he read the tea leaves and realized Ukraine won't be enough of a win after all of this and now he needs the whole megillah? I mean he isn't even trying to hide his atrocities...
        Was thinking the same thing.
        A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Isn't it starting to seem like Putin is now flat out daring the West to do this so he can have his war? Like he read the tea leaves and realized Ukraine won't be enough of a win after all of this and now he needs the whole megillah? I mean he isn't even trying to hide his atrocities...
          Well, a couple things.

1. This is every war. You don't think we struck maternity hospitals in Baghdad?

2. I do not think Putin wants war with NATO because that ends in one of three ways: the complete exposure of the Russian military as a fraud, nuclear annihilation of humanity, or a palace coup and Russia offers Putin to the Hague in exchange for peace. What we are seeing in Ukraine is nuclear blackmail, not strategic provocation. It's the most dangerous bluff in history, but we cannot call it because he knows once we call it he cannot win.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• On purpose we didn't. Not a chance.
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Ukrainian teens are posting tik toks and other short videos of them going about their lives while stuck inside or in shelters, and all their modest efforts to keep having fun and doing normal things, while mocking the Russian army and Putin and saying they will never crush their spirit. The tag they are posting under is "Life During Wartime."

So much for "today's kids are soft and fragile." Human beings -- the very worst and very best, playing out in front of us.
              Last edited by Kepler; 03-09-2022, 12:56 PM.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                On purpose we didn't. Not a chance.
                I see. So it's okay if you just indiscriminately bomb a city, rather than target a hospital?

I'll keep that in mind next time I lose a loved one that way.

The aggressor in a war is a monster. Full stop.
                Cornell University

Comment

Its more than you think...and the reason we whine is because those types are what a lot of people/voters believe the Left is truly about. They are the default face of it because they are the loudest. They say the dumbest things, they do even dumber things and they suck the air out of the entire Left agenda by doing it. Part of that is because we don't shut them up like we should. Thankfully, in some places, that seems to be changing lets just hope it isn't too late...
                  Basically, these are the sort of airheaded nutrolls who think people join the military because they have bloodlust and just want to kill other people. That's an actual quote from a dipsh*t friend of my fiance, and she made sure to let this friend know how wrong and stupid that thought was. BTW, this same dipsh*t friend has an assault charge on her record because she shoved some counter-protester at an event who got in her face and goaded her, getting the exact result they wanted to feed the "violent left" narrative.

Comment

1. This is every war. You don't think we struck maternity hospitals in Baghdad?
                    If there were any borschtbots left on Twitter, they would be proud of your whataboutism here.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

If there were any borschtbots left on Twitter, they would be proud of your whataboutism here.
                      So they have ceased operating since the invasion began?

I find that interesting since I figured the base of operations for them would be well inside of Russia, likely in a major city. Russia still has power, so I don't really get why pulling the plug on them lends any hand to the actual invasion of Ukraine.
                      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

I find that interesting since I figured the base of operations for them would be well inside of Russia, likely in a major city. Russia still has power, so I don't really get why pulling the plug on them lends any hand to the actual invasion of Ukraine.
                        It's way less. It's pretty frigging hilarious.

Test it...go on Twitter at like midnight and see what is trending. Before the war it was a lot of anti Biden stuff and so on. Now not so much.
                        -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Biden sends Harris to Poland.

Uh, Joe? Poles are super racist, Joe.
                          Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

reddit definitely has a lower bot presence, for Russia and most glaringly for conservatives.

I swear 90% of "conservative" traffic on social media is Russian bots trying to cripple the US.

The terrible grammar makes sense now.
                            Cornell University

Comment

The only way Putin saves his azz out of this whole thing is if this becomes a Russia vs. NATO conflict. NATO steps in, and he's got all of Russia having his back against western aggression.

Anything less, and he may take Ukraine, and it may be his little vassal state for a while. But he and Russia are toast in the long run.
                              Last edited by rufus; 03-09-2022, 02:41 PM.
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Ukrainian teens are posting tik toks and other short videos of them going about their lives while stuck inside or in shelters, and all their modest efforts to keep having fun and doing normal things, while mocking the Russian army and Putin and saying they will never crush their spirit. The tag they are posting under is "Life During Wartime."

So much for "today's kids are soft and fragile." Human beings -- the very worst and very best, playing out in front of us.
                                Meanwhile, Russian teens, and 20's, who have had relative prosperity and easy living their entire lives, are getting a taste of what life was like for their parents and grandparents in the old USSR and in the 90's, post USSR dissolution.

No cable tv, no internet, no Mickey D's and Coca Cola, no nothing but food and money shortages, and a life of bleak despair.

It ain't gonna go over too well with them.

What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Working...
                                X