X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Nice Planet 17: I Need a Cold ****ty Beer to Deal with You ***holes

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
    Funny 'ironic' not funny 'ha-ha'
    Yes, funny as in strange or ironic. Nothing hilarious about this.
    Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
    "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
    Patreon for exclusive writing content
    Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      Yes, funny as in strange or ironic. Nothing hilarious about this.
      What is strange or ironic about bringing a Bible to school? We had a Bible study group at my h.s. (before or after school only) and we also had a religious studies component for part of a semester my freshman or sophomore year. I'm not a thumper guys but I am not automatically turned off at the mere mention or sight of something religious without context.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
        What is strange or ironic about bringing a Bible to school? We had a Bible study group at my h.s. (before or after school only) and we also had a religious studies component for part of a semester my freshman or sophomore year. I'm not a thumper guys but I am not automatically turned off at the mere mention or sight of something religious without context.
        That's not the point. The irony about these morons is it is both perfectly legal and acceptable to bring a bible to school, just like the Hobbit, Harry Potter, or any other magic book.

What's neither legal nor acceptable is to use school to preach hateful iron age idiocy.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by MinnesotaNorthStar View Post
          I get the feeling a lot of celebrities, especially pro athletes, and their agents/managers don't research groups that ask them to do stuff like this thoroughly enough beyond the basics and how much money they're offering. I had never even heard of this group until now.
          Maybe...but Drew definitely read the script before filming the video so he knew what he was saying.

And I dont care if people bring Bibles to school...the second you start preaching though cya later!
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
            What's strange is that they're pretending that bringing a book to school is illegal when it isn't. They're trying to stir up the flock so they can harvest more wool.

Comment

Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
              What's strange is that they're pretending that bringing a book to school is illegal when it isn't. They're trying to stir up the flock so they can harvest more wool.
              Well said.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                Maybe...but Drew definitely read the script before filming the video so he knew what he was saying.

And I dont care if people bring Bibles to school...the second you start preaching though cya later!
                So much for free speech?
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  So much for free speech?
                  Schools are already granted partial exemptions.
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    That's not the point. The irony about these morons is it is both perfectly legal and acceptable to bring a bible to school, just like the Hobbit, Harry Potter, or any other magic book.

What's neither legal nor acceptable is to use school to preach hateful iron age idiocy.
                    You're missing my point. I agree schools cannot and should not preach. Someone bringing a Bible to a school in and of itself is innocuous and harmless. I agree 100% a school cannot prosthetylize.

I'm only saying I got the impression the mere presence of a Bible was verboten and if I got it wrong my bad.

Comment

Who said that?
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                        I'm only saying I got the impression the mere presence of a Bible was verboten and if I got it wrong my bad.
                        Your bad. That's what the Thumpers always squeal. Just like it's repression if they're not allowed to drag gays from the back of pickups like Jesus said to.
                        Cornell University

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post

They can preach on the grounds, but cannot force people to listen, if I am not mistaken.

I am with you, though, as soon as they start preaching, I'm leaving the area.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            He openly says to proselytize to their friends? *** man...
                            Dude's from Texas, what do you expect?

Comment

And he shills for an MLM... excuse me, "network marketing" company.

I thought that was f'ed up enough.
                              Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                              "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                              Patreon for exclusive writing content
                              Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                                So much for free speech?
                                Students dont have free speech...nice try though. (trust me I am a teacher and so is my GF)

I am sure though you would have zero problem with an students "free speaking" and proselytizing Islam right? Or if they were making sure every student knew how and where to get birth control and abortions right? Hey I bet if the Atheist Club decided to have a big march down the halls ripping up Bibles and screaming "God is Dead" you would be 100% behind that right?

Student's rights are restricted because they are not adults and because they are in the public square. Teachers and Principals act "En Loco Parentis" for a reason. That is why they dont need a warrant to search a locker on school grounds.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X