Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. Clown
    replied
    Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
    Saw their pictures. Those 27 year olds look like high schoolers. Very sad.

I have a cousin whose husband is a police officer, he’s a good guy that’s on board with much stricter gun control. He’s seen some things and had people
    close to him hurt, as a result some trouble has popped up here and there and the department got him a therapist. I think he’s still on leave now, actually.
    A friend of mine married a Burnsville cop just this past December. One of the two cops killed was at their wedding, and the picture my friend posted of that cop was him resting his arms on the shoulders of a woman nursing a young baby. The relationship between the two wasn’t explicitly stated, but I assume that’s his wife/GF and his baby. That poor family.

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    If governance has no impact on gun usage can any of the MAGAs explain this pattern?

State Gun Death Rate
    Mississippi 33.9
    Louisiana 29.1
    New Mexico 27.8
    Alabama 26.4
    Wyoming 26.1
    Alaska 25.2
    Montana 25.1
    Arkansas 23.3
    Missouri 23.2
    Tennessee 22.8
    South Carolina 22.4
    Oklahoma 21.2
    Kentucky 21.1
    Georgia 20.3
    Nevada 19.8
    Indiana 18.4
    Arizona 18.3
    Colorado 17.8
    Kansas 17.3
    North Carolina 17.3
    West Virginia 17.3
    North Dakota 16.8
    Delaware 16.6
    Ohio 16.5
    Idaho 16.3
    Illinois 16.1
    Texas 15.6
    Michigan 15.4
    Maryland 15.2
    Oregon 14.9
    Pennsylvania 14.8
    South Dakota 14.3
    Virginia 14.3
    Florida 14.1
    Utah 13.9
    Wisconsin 13.5
    Maine 12.6
    Vermont 11.9
    Iowa 11.2
    Washington 11.2
    Nebraska 10.3
    Minnesota 10
    California 9
    New Hampshire 8.3
    Connecticut 6.7
    Rhode Island 5.6
    New York 5.4
    New Jersey 5.2
    Hawaii 4.8
    Massachusetts 3.4

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I am shocked that the guy who shot the cops yesterday had orders of protection against him by both his baby mamas
    Red Flag laws are working as designed.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    I am shocked that the guy who shot the cops yesterday had orders of protection against him by both his baby mamas

Leave a comment:

• state of hockey
    replied
    Saw their pictures. Those 27 year olds look like high schoolers. Very sad.

I have a cousin whose husband is a police officer, he’s a good guy that’s on board with much stricter gun control. He’s seen some things and had people
    close to him hurt, as a result some trouble has popped up here and there and the department got him a therapist. I think he’s still on leave now, actually.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Ages 27, 27 and 40. What a waste

I’ve been asking for years why cops don’t fight for gun control more. I had one friend who used to be a cop (quit over a decade ago) and main reason they gave for quitting was conceal and carry

Leave a comment:

• MichVandal
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Gun control would help them a lot.

Why haven't we sold this as a law enforcement issue? Our brave boys are in danger because criminals have legal access to military grade weapons.
    Cops are good when they oppress people, otherwise they obstruct the (wh)right people from breaking the law- when they are then bad.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    The city doesn’t have the resources to combat the gun problem
    Gun control would help them a lot.

Why haven't we sold this as a law enforcement issue? Our brave boys are in danger because criminals have legal access to military grade weapons.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Clown View Post

Are you disingenuously obtuse so you can troll or just intentionally dumb?
    Any time something like this is asked I just assume "all of the above" and move on.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    I was thinking more along the lines of the general public having fewer guns, but you do you, Cowboy.

ETA: I’m now picturing Woody Allen in a 10-gallon hat.
    Last edited by St. Clown; 02-18-2024, 02:07 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    So they need more "Good Guys With Gun"?

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    Two officers and a paramedic were killed in Burnsville, MN, last night. The shooter then took their own life before the event ended. The shooter had seven hostages. For those in the Twin Cities, it was roughly located at the NW corner of I-35E and MN-77.

Burnsville is turning nasty, per an officer I know. The city doesn’t have the resources to combat the gun problem, and people from outside the city have been making use of that knowledge. They’ve had a number of shootings in the last year.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    The boy injured in the shooting at Joel Osteens church has now lost part of his frontal lobe.

well he’ll fit right in

Leave a comment:

• rufus
    replied
    Mexico doing the good work that US federal and state governments refuse to do. Sueing US gunmakers for arming it's gangs.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied
    Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    This wasn’t even a ‘mass shooting’ it was a beef between some people at the parade and they started blasting at each other. It wasn’t someone trying to shoot/kill random people.
    Are you disingenuously obtuse so you can troll or just intentionally dumb?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X