Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If this board allowed emoticons you likely use one and we all don't fall for it...
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by TalonsUpPuckDown View Post

The dryest...

/s probably would have helped.
      I guess it illustrates the problem that there is a significant portion of the population who would say that unironically.

FTL and split.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Well I'll kindly **** and just offer condolences then.
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Gun sales get another boost.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• In the past 12 months, I've been in 13 counties in Europe, Asia, and North America. I've felt less safe in the US this week vs any of the others.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Fighting back is the last thing anyone should do, better off just letting him shoot you.
              I’m sure most humans are capable of quickly locating and then safely discharging a firearm back at the shooter- and only the shooter- after first being shot in the groin, back, and leg. Yes, yes. Very plausible.

Comment

• https://www.tiktok.com/@fredoontv/vi...37896106233131
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

I’m sure most humans are capable of quickly locating and then safely discharging a firearm back at the shooter- and only the shooter- after first being shot in the groin, back, and leg. Yes, yes. Very plausible.
                  So put the shoe on the other foot. Once the shooter gets shot at you think he is as focused on killing people or not getting shot himself? If someone is trying to kill me I’d much rather have a gun than nothing at all.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

So put the shoe on the other foot. Once the shooter gets shot at you think he is as focused on killing people or not getting shot himself? If someone is trying to kill me I’d much rather have a gun than nothing at all.
                    I dont think you are making the point you think you are...
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It's always interesting for people to think that they are going to be a hero. You will more likely die than not, and you will more likely miss than not. You think you will be calm and collected, but given that trained professionals can be erratic and panic- there's no real chance that you will be rational and stable.

Your fear of being shot, so that you think you need a gun, just makes things worse.

And if not for the risk of everyone else around you, I'd say go for it, so that when the time comes, you will just go away and we can point out that the good guy with the gun once again did nothing useful.

Comment

• They should distract the shooter by having him study amortization tables.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

It's always interesting for people to think that they are going to be a hero. You will more likely die than not, and you will more likely miss than not. You think you will be calm and collected, but given that trained professionals can be erratic and panic- there's no real chance that you will be rational and stable.

Your fear of being shot, so that you think you need a gun, just makes things worse.

And if not for the risk of everyone else around you, I'd say go for it, so that when the time comes, you will just go away and we can point out that the good guy with the gun once again did nothing useful.
                          No one who has ever done any hunting thinks they would be calm. Training and all that stuff doesn’t help very much as far as preparing you to face a scenario like that.

Comment

No one who has ever done any hunting thinks they would be calm. Training and all that stuff doesn’t help very much as far as preparing you to face a scenario like that.
                            What percentage of gun owners do you think have ever been hunting?

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

What percentage of gun owners do you think have ever been hunting?
                              50% maybe? I think 20 years it would have been a pretty big majority but it has definitely gone down in recent times.

No doubt there is a big difference in people who grew up with guns and those who got them when they were older to try to be Rambo or something.

Comment

50% maybe? I think 20 years it would have been a pretty big majority but it has definitely gone down in recent times.

No doubt there is a big difference in people who grew up with guns and those who got them when they were older to try to be Rambo or something.
                                I think you wildly and spectacularly overestimate the number of people who've been hunting in the country.

Comment

Working...
                                X