Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good for Matthew mcconaughey for speaking out

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Sure, the 2nd Amendment gives them a "right" to own weapons. It doesn't give them the right to own any weapon they feel like. I mean, they don't get to own a nuclear bomb.
      Totally agree. We restrict the right to own a lot of arms.
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• My favorite post throughout this Mass Shooting BS was, "How do I know gun control works? Because Grenade control works."
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• The typical gun enthusiast.

https://twitter.com/ThisIsKyleR/stat...30686121484295
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            People need to stop giving that d-bag the attention he wants. He's had his 15 minutes, he can go live the rest of his trashy life like Zimmerman and hopefully he doesn't put himself in a situation to blow away anyone else.

Comment

• Practicing for the next guy he kills?
              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• That seems like time he could be spending studying harder and actually getting into Texas A&M instead of pretending he did.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                  Good for Matthew mcconaughey for speaking out
                  I'm glad he's outraged by what happened in his home town but he, like too many people, doesn't seem to get it. He seems to think there is some impediment out there preventing reasonable and responsible legislation other than the American people. Enough people in enough states do not think like he thinks, or like most of us on this forum think.

The gun control issue probably needs to be looked at like our presidential election. It did not matter that 3% more people voted for Clinton than turmp in 2016, because enough people in the wrong states wanted trump to be their overlord. Do the majority of people in California or other blue states support stricter gun laws? Sure. But what about Texas? Or Florida? Or Idaho? Or North Dakota? The senators that they elect will prevent meaningful reform at the national level, and their state representatives and senators will prevent it within their states. Did it matter that New York City, Chicago or Washington D.C. had some of the most restrictive gun laws around? Not really, when someone in Chicago can cross the street into Indiana and buy a gun easier than they could buy cold medicine.

Maybe it is helpful a little bit if a well-known Texan speaks out about this, but he still falls back on tired tropes about mental health, and American values. **** that for the rest of time. Mental health issues are a world-wide problem. And in case anyone doesn't realize it, mass shootings are now such a regular part of American life, one could argue they are an American value.

What I expect to come of Uvalde is a few states where gun laws already approach being responsible will seek to make it a little tougher to buy an AR-15. Maybe they'll beef up their red flag laws. And there will be something passed in the house before the mid-terms. And that legislation will stall in the Senate. And sometime, maybe next week, maybe next month, but almost certainly before the next school year is over, someone somewhere will walk into a school building carrying a weapon of war and that someone will mow down another 19 students. Or maybe 29. Or maybe they will find a way to go into a school and kill every last kid and teacher and lunch aid and custodian in the place and we will have a school shooting where 100 or more end up dead. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Comment

• Shocking https://www.wsj.com/articles/cannabi...40197?mod=e2tw
                    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Lol. Of course you would post this crap.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• While mental health is a concern, some of these shooters are just radicalized, cold-blooded killers looking to make headlines. Or they have sh*t parents (Crumbley) who ignore all the warning signs and buy them a gun like it's just another toy for boys to play with. Mental health plays little-to-no factor in preventing those cases.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          Lol. Of course you would post this crap.
                          The article quotes Alex Berenson...that alone makes it trash.
                          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• House Minority Whip Steve Scalise (R-La.) on Sunday blamed Democrats for a rise in gun violence across the U.S., blaming the “defund the police” movement and local authorities for being lax on criminals.
                            Scalise pins blame on Democrats for gun violence (msn.com)

We have the real reasons now for gun violence. Skip all the legislation. AR-15's for everyone.

Comment

• Wait, the same Scalise who was shot in 2017?

Oh, right. That tracks.
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• And this is from some random Republican online.

Zero Republicans are willing to give an inch on gun rights because we saw what happened when we gave an inch on gay marriage.
                                That totally tracks.

Comment

Working...
                                X