Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

Do you imagine for a moment that if the gun I described above was real the bigots in the GOP wouldn't throw a fit? But it's an incredibly racist Christian call to arms and a verse from the Bible, so it's fine.
    I think they are great. It is self reporting who should lose their guns first.
    Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• https://www.cbsnews.com/news/dhs-ter...valde-attacks/

Police departments coast to coast are preparing by stocking up on extra coffee and doughnuts.

Comment

• A lot of morons on Capitol Hill. Morons.

Sen. John Thune on AR-15s: "In my state, they use them to shoot prairie dogs and, you know, other types of varmints. And so I think there are legitimate reasons why people would want to have them."
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
          A lot of morons on Capitol Hill. Morons.
          30 to 50 feral prairie dogs.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• A prairie dog would detonate when **** with an AR
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Asked Ron Johnson about waiting periods for gun sales to buyers under 21. “Before we pass anything new, let’s enforce the laws we already have. Let’s start with Hunter Biden,” he said.
              Stay classy, Wisconsin. Stay classy.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• "I think an AR-15 is a very fun rifle to have out here on my shooting range," Michigan Senate GOP Majority Leader Mike Shirkey told a radio host last week when asked if he had any concerns over the gun being considered an assault rifle. "We have lots of fun with it."
                https://twitter.com/jonathanoosting/...95476978839552

I used to love playing Lawn Jarts. I also offered to give up video games. This guy won't give up the AR-15. The request isn't even guns in general. Just the one gun.

Comment

• The "why do you need an AR-15" question is dumb, in my opinion, but even dumber are these ridiculous answers.

First, the exercising of rights isn't about "need", so I find the question specious.

That said, "to shoot varmints" is the most idiotic answer possible.
                  I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

I used to love playing Lawn Jarts. I also offered to give up video games. This guy won't give up the AR-15. The request isn't even guns in general. Just the one gun.
                    You know, I'm told crystal meth and heroin are also fun for the user (at first), but we know the societal consequences are the reason they are illegal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                      The "why do you need an AR-15" question is dumb, in my opinion, but even dumber are these ridiculous answers.

First, the exercising of rights isn't about "need", so I find the question specious.

That said, "to shoot varmints" is the most idiotic answer possible.
                      I actually like the question. The question shows a persons willingness to compromise and be a functioning member of society. Every ****ing idiot who is clinging to the AR-15 right now is NOT a functioning member of society.

Comment

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkG-hNlhn_8

Comment

I actually like the question. The question shows a persons willingness to compromise and be a functioning member of society. Every ****ing idiot who is clinging to the AR-15 right now is NOT a functioning member of society.
                          I understand what you're saying in a direct and practical way. I just don't like to think about "rights" that way. Either we have a right to own this item or we do not. Need shouldn't be a factor.

I do see what you're saying as to why you like it, and I hadn't really considered that you're coming at it from a more realpolitik "can I actually discuss it with this person or not" way. A conscientious AR-15 owner, when asked that question, should never give the "to kill varmints" answer. I agree, that shows them not to be serious on the matter.
                          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

I understand what you're saying in a direct and practical way. I just don't like to think about "rights" that way. Either we have a right to own this item or we do not. Need shouldn't be a factor.
                            Sure, the 2nd Amendment gives them a "right" to own weapons. It doesn't give them the right to own any weapon they feel like. I mean, they don't get to own a nuclear bomb.

What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• I've never liked the "Why do you need X?" angle of argument, either. There's nothing needy or "nice-to-have" about the Bill of Rights. Just try applying that line to any of the other amendments. Do you really need a free press? State-controlled media and Internet censorship like China's would really put a clamp on the far-right's ability to broadcast conspiracy theories! Do you really need to be allowed an impartial jury trial in criminal proceedings? It would be a lot easier and quicker if judges just decided someone's guilt or innocence!

This has been said many times, but the primary problem with 2A is the way the NRA and gun extremists want it interpreted. Everyone overlooks the "well-regulated" clause, or argues that it only applies to militias (something you're a nutter if you're a member of now that we have a professional military), and goes straight to "shall not be infringed". Proper regulation in accordance with the risks of a particular firearm or class of firearms need not necessarily constitute total infringement provided you meet the regulatory standards. We already restrict citizens from owning full automatics, SAMs, etc.

Comment

Does Mike Shirkey not realize he can still have AR-15s at a shooting range but not allow private ownership of them? It's not an either/or proposition.

Let shooting ranges own AR-15s. Let them rent them out to be used at the shooting range only. Let the shooting range keep them locked away at all other times. And at the same time, pass a law forbidding private ownership of AR-15s.

It's very simple. He actually can have his cake and eat it, too.
                                Russell Jaslow
                                [Former] SUNYAC Correspondent
                                U.S. College Hockey Online

Comment

Working...
                                X