Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Sheriffs confiscated guns at the town borders in the wild west...
    Well a gun was confiscated at the Capitol the other day.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• John Oliver had a good bit about cops in schools last night. Not yet avail on YT or I'd have linked it.

[edit] Here it is.
      Last edited by Slap Shot; 06-06-2022, 06:14 AM.

Comment

• https://www.politico.com/news/magazi...=pocket-newtab

Two Professors Found What Creates a Mass Shooter. Will Politicians Pay Attention?
        Mass shooters overwhelmingly fit a certain profile, say Jillian Peterson and James Densley, which means it’s possible to ID and treat them before they commit violence.
        Interesting article. Could actually work on the prevention side. And it doesn't touch the morons precious guns. However, we'd actually have to start investing in humans, not in guns. As John Oliver pointed out last night, stop spending so much ****ing money on police in schools and start spending it on counselors.

I still say we need to take all the guns away. Gun owners have had the opportunity for a long while now to prove to the American people that they deserve them. They have failed. Miserably.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• https://www.thedailybeast.com/blake-...people-frankly

Arizona candidate says the quiet part out loud.

Tech investor and Arizona Republican Senate hopeful Blake Masters acknowledges that the United States has a gun violence problem. But he also has a theory about why there’s a problem—it’s “Black people, frankly.”

Comment

• I can't believe someone called "Blake Masters" said something racist!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              I can't believe someone called "Blake Masters" said something racist!
              "How can speaking the truth be racist? You call everything you don't like 'racism'"

What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                John Oliver had a good bit about cops in schools last night. Not yet avail on YT or I'd have linked it.

[edit] Here it is.
                The fact that one of the students was talking about Minneapolis Southwest made me sad...
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

The fact that one of the students was talking about Minneapolis Southwest made me sad...
                  I missed the southwest part.

lots of talk about SW in my area Right now as apparently the senior boys prank turned out to be a ton of vandalism in the school. Ripping sinks off walls, etc. some senior girls took to Next door to voice their frustrations with the chaos that unfolded there.

but yeah that kid last night made me sad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

I missed the southwest part.

lots of talk about SW in my area Right now as apparently the senior boys prank turned out to be a ton of vandalism in the school. Ripping sinks off walls, etc. some senior girls took to Next door to voice their frustrations with the chaos that unfolded there.

but yeah that kid last night made me sad.
                    It was the Black Kid they used to counter the "having cops in school creates a better relationship between police and the community" argument. (he had blonde hair IIRC)
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• The Uvalde Police Chose Dishonor

On occasion, and typically in contexts having more to do with what is done but ought not to be than what isn’t done but should be, we consider the malignant variant of male character called toxic masculinity.More familiar instances of toxic masculinity concern the wanton infliction of violence, especially the sexual kind, especially upon women and girls. In his threats of rape and domestic battery, the Uvalde killer himself exhibited this strain: emasculated, resentful, explosively violent but mainly toward women and children, for he was afraid of adult men. Yet on the other side of the wall was, it seems, another sort of toxic masculinity—a platoon of armed and trained men who had evidently come to rely so heavily on guns and armor in lieu of courage and strength that they found themselves bereft of the latter when outdone in the former. Instead they were beset by cowardice, evidently as convinced as the shooter was that the gun really does make the man, and that outgunned is thus as good as outmanned.
                      Cowards. That town should hound them right into the sunset.

Comment

• A gun manufacturer has made a gun called "Jihad" and stamped passages from the Qur'an on the barrel. Republicans have expressed outrage.

Oh. Wait. That's the opposite of what happened.

https://twitter.com/tlecaque/status/...HoEqoBkFQ&s=19

Comment

• Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. He is my loving God and my fortress, my stronghold and my deliverer, my shield, in whom I take refuge, who subdues peoples under me.”

Sounds like seditious hate speech to me.
                          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• So, the 2nd Amendment trumps the sixth commandment?
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                              A gun manufacturer has made a gun called "Jihad" and stamped passages from the Qur'an on the barrel. Republicans have expressed outrage.

Oh. Wait. That's the opposite of what happened.

https://twitter.com/tlecaque/status/...HoEqoBkFQ&s=19
                              So an 18 month waiting period to buy one of those AR-15s is bad???
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                                So an 18 month waiting period to buy one of those AR-15s is bad???
                                Do you imagine for a moment that if the gun I described above was real the bigots in the GOP wouldn't throw a fit? But it's an incredibly racist Christian call to arms and a verse from the Bible, so it's fine.

Comment

Working...
                                X