Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This town has a SWAT team...said SWAT team toured the various schools for just this type of scenario. Yet when the time arrived for them to do what they were trained to do all they did was restrain parents and threaten them.

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• https://twitter.com/CambriUgh/status...01263101095936

“When the cops came, the cop said: 'Yell if you need help!' And one of the persons in my class said 'help.' The [shooter] overheard and he came in and shot her," the boy said.
      BTW you can thank the Supreme Court** for all of this...don't go protest though the cops might act then.

**Castlerock v. Gonzales and Deshaney v. Winnebago
      Last edited by Handyman; 05-26-2022, 11:21 AM.
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• The more I read about the police "response" to this the madder I get. 40-60 minutes is what law enforcement officials are saying how much time elapsed between when the shooter first opened fire on the school and when they supposedly shot him. But they were quick to point out they managed to force him to stay in one room -- the room where he did all his damage. You mean to tell me you knew which room he was in and yet it still took that long? How those ****ing cops can look at themselves in the mirror and not be sickened at the sight of their faces is beyond my comprehension. They should do their communities all a favor and go resign and spend the rest of their lives in their mama's basements sucking their thumbs.

Comment

• I'll gladly listen to "the smartest guys in the room" over the Republican point of view that anyone with access to Google is an expert and can have opinions that are just as valid as someone with actual credentials.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...62443895345152

Breaking: WASHINGTON (AP) -- Senate GOP blocks domestic terrorism bill that would have opened debate on gun measures after Texas school shooting.
            When asked for comment Manchin (from his yacht) said he still thinks they can work together on this and Senator Sinema said "I need to go buy a new purse".
            -Maybe, Possibly
            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• So one of the proposed solutions is to arm teachers. Sure, trained officers can't (or won't) do anything to confront a shooter, but we're going to rely on the lunch lady and Mrs Smith from Home Ec.

Problem: Apartment fires
              Possible solutions:
              Fire alarms
              Smoke detectors
              Fire extinguishers
              Emergency exits
              Better control of flammable materials

GOP solution: give everyone matches.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                I'll gladly listen to "the smartest guys in the room" over the Republican point of view that anyone with access to Google is an expert and can have opinions that are just as valid as someone with actual credentials.
                How about this guy?

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1529817124256026624
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  So one of the proposed solutions is to arm teachers. Sure, trained officers can't (or won't) do anything to confront a shooter, but we're going to rely on the lunch lady and Mrs Smith from Home Ec.

Problem: Apartment fires
                  Possible solutions:
                  Fire alarms
                  Smoke detectors
                  Fire extinguishers
                  Emergency exits
                  Better control of flammable materials

GOP solution: give everyone matches.
                  I mean...you really think they are going to arm the Black Teachers? Here is hoping they do I fully support arming the minorities!
                  -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I mean...you really think they are going to arm the Black Teachers? Here is hoping they do I fully support arming the minorities!
                    Don't be silly. Blacks are only 3/5ths of a person (it says so in the Constitution) so they get 3/5ths of a gun. No trigger and no bullets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Already saw on TikTok a couple black teachers saying they would refuse to participate in an "arm the teachers" campaign, because a plain-clotheses black person with a gun is NOT the best idea when cops finally arrive on scene.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• What's the over/under on politicians claiming this was all a stunt to recruit votes for Democrats this fall?

3pm CT today?

730am Tomorrow?

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• So two cops were shot early in the rampage is now coming out

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                            So two cops were shot early in the rampage is now coming out
                            Wasn't that known early?

i could have sworn i saw reports of that within a few hours after the shooting. Is there some new reporting that I missed?
                            Code:
                            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                            Originally posted by SanTropez
                            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                            Originally posted by Kepler
                            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Wasn't that known early?

i could have sworn i saw reports of that within a few hours after the shooting. Is there some new reporting that I missed?
                              I think there was some confusion with two initial cops who were "treated for injuries on scene" and banter joked that they had scraped knees from running away.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                                The more I read about the police "response" to this the madder I get. 40-60 minutes is what law enforcement officials are saying how much time elapsed between when the shooter first opened fire on the school and when they supposedly shot him. But they were quick to point out they managed to force him to stay in one room -- the room where he did all his damage. You mean to tell me you knew which room he was in and yet it still took that long? How those ****ing cops can look at themselves in the mirror and not be sickened at the sight of their faces is beyond my comprehension. They should do their communities all a favor and go resign and spend the rest of their lives in their mama's basements sucking their thumbs.
                                It gets better
                                ​​​ https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...716188673.html

- When they did enter the school, they went to rescue their own kids first rather than deal with the shooter

Comment

Working...
                                X