Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One door.

then all someone has to do is start a fire and all the kids can die that way

https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1529...FHUKwsH-EuSuyQ

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      One door.

then all someone has to do is start a fire and all the kids can die that way

https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1529...FHUKwsH-EuSuyQ
      I, uhh, certainly hope is what he meant was that there is one point of entry and egress do not have exterior hardware. Otherwise it's pretty obvious the National Fire Protection Association doesn't donate nearly as much as the NRA does to Ted Cruz.

Then aagain, Republicans and Trump wanted to eliminate OSHA, so....
      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• 35 Minutes.

Thats how long it took for police to evacuate this teacher and kids from when the rampage started.

Thirty. Five. ****ing. Minutes.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...life-rcna30571
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

I should have clarified, because I absolutely don't think you (or MissT, or all the other mental health folks I work with) suck.

We, as a nation and as a culture, suck at mental health. Despite otherworldly good work by you and countless others, we simply don't invest nearly enough in it. And it sucks.

My only problem with people like you is that we don't have enough of you.
          If there was higher pay and employees were treated better, there would be far less burnout and turnover in the field.
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
            I think taxing ammunition is a good idea, akin to taxation on cigarettes. However, people still smoke, so if someone really wants to buy ammo to shoot up a school or business, they'll find the money. Taxing guns is ok too, but won't have the same effect as taxation on ammo. There are already 400 million guns in private hands.

Probably the best solution available to the government is to privatize the ammunition industry. You could plausibly argue that its a national security issue to have ammunition in the control of the government. Will cost some dough. Also won't have to go through the whole 2nd Amendment issue associated with a ban on guns. People will still find a way to try to make their own ammo, but there can be roadblocks put up to that as well.
            Tax it at $1.50/round, and raise the tax $0.25 per year per round for the next 10 years. Set the minimum size of a box for sale at 100 rounds. Tax components for homemade ammunition kits to make them comparable. Despite people still smoking, the numbers are down vastly from when I was a teen.

All tax revenues collected go towards funds to help mental health, funding schools and after-school programs.

Also, make private purchases of body armor illegal. Nobody needs to purchase body armor unless they have ill intents.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
              Tax it at $1.50/round, and raise the tax $0.25 per year per round for the next 10 years. Set the minimum size of a box for sale at 100 rounds. Tax components for homemade ammunition kits to make them comparable. Despite people still smoking, the numbers are down vastly from when I was a teen.

All tax revenues collected go towards funds to help mental health, funding schools and after-school programs.

Also, make private purchases of body armor illegal. Nobody needs to purchase body armor unless they have ill intents.
              100% agreed. Body armor has no useful civilian purpose. Just like a silencer. All of that should be federally regulated and licensed.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                Actually, a bullet tax is kind of perfect. The gun fondlers can have a couple bullets but not shoot them unless it's absolutely necessary. You're going to make sure that box of shells is protected because you just made a car payment to get it. But everything is perfectly legal to own. Hell, even make it refundable once for every deer tag you buy. Ditto on duck licenses. **** like that. Everyone gets what they want. Except the trap shooters like me :-(

I know it's not an original thought, but it would work.
                I still like the idea of allowing a portion to be tax deductible if you hunt.
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

I'm taking their guns. I'm also putting 13 on the Court and I am "reinterpreting" the 2nd Amendment. It's time.
                  You aren’t doing sh*t.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/paleofuture/stat...Xxed_1pkw&s=19
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• It’s already coming out that the cops could’ve done a lot more to prevent deaths and did nothing.

Of course, they’ll be absolved of all wrongdoing because it’s Texas.
                      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

I still like the idea of allowing a portion to be tax deductible if you hunt.
                        I used to care about hunters. Not anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                          It’s already coming out that the cops could’ve done a lot more to prevent deaths and did nothing.

Of course, they’ll be absolved of all wrongdoing because it’s Texas.
                          They didn’t do nothing.

thry had tasers out at parents and held some to the ground

Comment

• I love how were all slaves to Amendment #2. I'm over it. You cannot justify to me when the number one killer of children is guns, that anyone needs one. You can't. Take them all. I'm done with them.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• We know the cops ****ed up big time because we still don't know their names. If they had done their job, they would be front and center while the media and politicians worship the boys in blue. As gruesome as this sounds, maybe people should see all the bodies and see what our gun worship actually entails. After all, we get pictures of aborted fetuses being murdered.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

My goodness, how disingenuous. Other than Drew and Sic, everyone else on here is aware the amount of guns are the problem. Not white man angst, like you suggested once before getting your *** handed to you the last time we all had this conversation on here. We all agree, outside of Sic and Drew, a near-complete ban is by FAR the best solution. We all agree that there is not enough political will in this country to make that happen, but not because of Democrats. That’s why we (Democrats, not you) suggest the half-measures as a “compromise” with Republicans, who don’t take them anyways. Your neurotic obsession with the “back-patting” takes away from the fact New York is safer than Texas when it comes to gun violence.
                                This post might perfectly encapsulate the attitude and ineptitude of the Democratic party for the last half century, with even the correct amount of condescension drizzled on top.

Element #1, the smartest guys in the room. You have carefully and correctly identified the root of the problem, and you've even come up with the right solution to solve it, so how dare anyone else enter the chat.

Great. So here's an idea, how about solving the ****ing problem then?

That gets us to element #2, blame. "Those big, bad Republicans won't let us solve the problem." FFS, by my count Democrats have a trifecta (both houses of the legislative body, and the executive branch) in about 14 states, and the federal ****ing government. Here's a free tip for you. That's when it's easiest to pass your laws! Why do you want to be in power if you're not going to do anything about, or implement your brilliant solutions?

Oh yeah, element #3, lack of political will. You guys beg and plead to be placed into power because you have all the answers, and then the minute it happens, the minute you hold all the cards, all the power, what's the excuse? Oh, uh.....courts, uh.....filibuster....umm, traitors in our own party....the political will just isn't there.

So that's the Democratic platform? You're the party that can identify correctly all of the problems, can craft the perfect solutions, but when given an opportunity to do so, you're too ****ing spineless to actually do it???

You know, the state governments of Texas and Florida are the favorite whipping boys of the Bobbleheads here in Cafe, and I'll be the first to admit, those boys in Texas and Florida have some bat**** crazy ideas as to what problems their state faces and how to correctly solve them. But I'll give them this. When someone tries to stand in their way, when courts or Democrats or whoever try to put up roadblocks, you don't hear them whining about lack of political will.

As Mike would say, no half measures. Do the job you were elected to do, or stop blaming me for your ineptitude.
                                That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

Working...
                                X