Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Reports now he didn’t even have body armor on lol
    We're going to hear conflicting details for several days, if not longer. Better to focus on what we know for certain:
    • A young adult murdered his grandmother and then murdered almost two dozen others, mostly children, at an elementary school
    • The police - or a "good guy with a gun" - didn't stop it
    • We have too many guns in our country
    • We suck at mental health
    • We suck
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Cops saw the kid go in lol
      They have a hard job, are underpaid, don’t get the appreciation they deserve, don’t have the equipment they need, etc, etc.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
        I don't know what to say. This is disgusting and heartbreaking and predictable and preventable.

I've been a strong advocate for controlled and legal gun rights and, along with virtually everything else over the last few years, I'm rethinking things.

Something has to change.
        Collectively, Americans are not responsible enough to have easy access to firearms -- which is apparently "our god given right!!" so nothing can change.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
          I don't know what to say. This is disgusting and heartbreaking and predictable and preventable.

I've been a strong advocate for controlled and legal gun rights and, along with virtually everything else over the last few years, I'm rethinking things.

Something has to change.
          My thinking has evolved a lot over the last few years as this problem keeps getting worse and worse.

We need to repeal the 2nd amendment. We need to eliminate virtually all legal means of carrying a firearm outside of your own home/property without strict, expressed and explicit permission otherwise. We need to tax firearms and ammunition heavily, including the means and methods of DIY production. We need heavy licensing and insurance requirements for all firearm and ammunition possession/ownership. We need to enforce all firearm current and additional laws with twice the vigor of the drug war. And most importantly, we need to eliminate republicans. And none of this will happen in the lifetime of anyone reading this.

Any takers on when and where the next mass shooting takes place? Because we ALL know this is happening again, probably within the next couple of weeks.

Comment

• we just went through two years of parents storming school boards calling masks child abuse
            Yes, yes we did. We have some royally ****ed up priorities in this country.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

NRA national meeting is Friday in Houston. Abbott, Cruz and dump are speaking.

they were in Denver around columbine too and they literally couldn’t have cared less
              The Denver story is actually a little more interesting than that.

Apparently in the days following Columbine, the NRA leadership had some meetings about this very issue. Someone at those meetings recorded them, and twenty years later a reporter from NPR got them and did an interesting story about the internal discussions of the NRA.

Here's a link to that story. Sorry if this has already been posted.

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/09/10490...hool-shootings
              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• As long as we have a SCOTUS that’s willing to reconsider precedent willy nilly while saying it’s committed to an originalist interpretation of Constitutional text, perhaps it’s time to reconsider precedent that write the “well regulated militia” language out of the 2nd Am.
                https://***********/JoyceWhiteVance/...39298008846338
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• how on earth did we get liability insurance mandatory for car ownership and why can't we do the same for guns?
                  This is my favorite solution. No proof of insurance, no purchase. That likely would have shutdown the Buffalo and the Texas shootings in their tracks. And that insurance is going to be ****ing expensive.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post
                    To the troll who responded to me: anti-psychotic drug use is no different in the US than anywhere else. Try again.
                    Say what?

SSRI medication use is the highest in the US per capita compared to anywhere in the world.

Comment

• Well-armed? Am I getting wooshed here?
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

This is my favorite solution. No proof of insurance, no purchase. That likely would have shutdown the Buffalo and the Texas shootings in their tracks. And that insurance is going to be ****ing expensive.
                        I think the tax idea on guns or ammunition is a better idea than insurance. What are you going to buy insurance for? To pay people damages when you shoot them? I think there is a pretty strong public policy argument against having people buy insurance that covers intentional, violent acts like shooting people.
                        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

I don’t think you understand how insurance works. It wouldn’t cover a deliberate act like what happened yesterday, and insurance doesn’t change liability at all.
                          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Well-armed? Am I getting wooshed here?
                            She corrected it later to well-regulated. She made an honest mistake typing it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I don’t think you understand how insurance works. It wouldn’t cover a deliberate act like what happened yesterday, and insurance doesn’t change liability at all.
                              Change the law. We can do that. We make the laws. Make the insurance cover a deliberate shooting. Force people to carry it. I bet the cost is so expensive NO ONE could afford a gun anymore. And you know what? Good. **** them.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I think the tax idea on guns or ammunition is a better idea than insurance. What are you going to buy insurance for? To pay people damages when you shoot them? I think there is a pretty strong public policy argument against having people buy insurance that covers intentional, violent acts like shooting people.
                                What are you going to buy car insurance for? Because you're going to go out and hit someone's car on purpose?
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X