Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

I guess I see it differently because I'm a passive Facebook user and 95% of my usage is just catching updates that friends and family post. I don't use it for news and I don't use it for politics, and I just roll my eyes at the conservatives in my feed who post their crap.

maybe it's just selection bias since the only time I see tweets are really from here or Fark, but while Facebook has the mass of yokels, Twitter's format of limiting people to single sentences lends itself more to the emotive clickbait designed to outrage the reader without ever needing to provide any context whatsoever.
    I'm fine with saying they both suck.

And Twitter's lows really aren't the lowest. Being active on reddit, I sometimes get cross-subbed to The Bad Place and observe conservatives when they think nobody else is watching. It's like a Nazi rub-and-tug for lepers.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• https://***********/GBBranstetter/st...4_gecyXsQ&s=19

I got to start going to Jew Meetings again...I had no idea we were forcibly transing kids to stop White Fertility!
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• I’m sure Sunday news shows will be talking about all these violent ladies outside the sc and their violent protests.

if only a gun had a uterus we could regulate it

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
          https://***********/GBBranstetter/st...4_gecyXsQ&s=19

I got to start going to Jew Meetings again...I had no idea we were forcibly transing kids to stop White Fertility!
          And that was the shooter's reason for shooting... black people.

Republican bingo!
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• But was the shooter there to clean up graffiti?

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
              But was the shooter there to clean up graffiti?
              He believes in smaller government. Since, in a democratic country the people are the government, fewer people...

(taps forehead)
              Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                I’m sure Sunday news shows will be talking about all these violent ladies outside the sc and their violent protests.

if only a gun had a uterus we could regulate it
                I'm semi-serious in thinking there is a way to use stand your ground laws in the abortion context. They normally allow the use of deadly force when the person reasonably fears for their safety or the safety of others. Well...

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Yet another reason to avoid Twitter like the plague that it is.

(Yes I sound old and crotchety, but this is a hill I'm willing to die on. Among the piles of dung that make up the social media landscape, Twitter has to be the biggest pile out there.)
                  To be fair, Twitter will only show you the orbit you want it to show you. (Side note: Musk is apparently the last person on Earth to realize that Twitter has two modes: Home (which uses an algorithm to show you preferred Tweets), and Latest (which is where your timeline is only who you follow, not the algorithm, AND in chronological order). And he's also the last to realize that every ****ing Twitter user has it set to Latest because we don't want the algorithm bull**** either.)

So the only reason I saw the bull**** from Freedom Machine Lovers was because a political researcher I follow got dragged into it (Caroline Orr Bueno).

My Twitter would never have shown me otherwise.

Facebook is ****. I think it once again is forcing Breitbart ads and other right-wing crao only because my HS connections are of that mindset. LinkedIn is corporate safe Facebook and also has creeping RW content. Twitter can be tamed. TikTok is where I spend most of my days due to the damn accurate algorithm showing me only what I like (unless they tweak the system, then the algorithm goes off the rails for a day)
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Unless I accidentally use Twitter the wrong way and make it work for me, I enjoy the instant access to information it provides thanks to who I follow.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I really don’t understand why the cops didn’t shoot him. They shoot people for no good reason all the time and in this case have a legitimate reason and don’t shoot.
                      Apparently he was fired on and struck by a security guard (retired/former cop) but his BODY ARMOR protected him. He then shot and killed the security guard. I'm sure most of the cops he encountered were lily white (the ones I saw in news footage milling about afterwards looking menacing in their own body armor, semi-auto rifles at the ready were all white) and they had no desire to shoot one of their own as long as he didn't turn his firearms on them. When encountered, he allegedly raised a weapon to his own head and then dropped it and surrendered. Those cops were 99% sure who he was targeting (they knew that neighborhood), and it certainly wasn't white cops.

Comment

• You guys are the sum total of my social media. No twitter, no facebook, no tik tok, no reddit, no instagram, none of it. If one of you links a tweet or something else, I check it out because I consider this site (and one other, team-centric site I am a member of) to have trustworthy people in providing verifiable information or well articulated opinions. I wouldn't touch the twitter/facebook etc. world otherwise with a light-years long pole.

Comment

• Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                          You guys are the sum total of my social media. No twitter, no facebook, no tik tok, no reddit, no instagram, none of it. If one of you links a tweet or something else, I check it out because I consider this site (and one other, team-centric site I am a member of) to have trustworthy people in providing verifiable information or well articulated opinions. I wouldn't touch the twitter/facebook etc. world otherwise with a light-years long pole.
                          +1. Well, a few other boards like cruising and cars. But none of the other stuff.

Comment

• I fear that sooner or later the actions of the far-right are going to encourage some on the left to adopt their tactics as a survival mechanism. Because in a world where Republicans are complicit and will obstruct most laws that aim to prevent this sort of violence, how else do you identify and deprogram an extremist before they successfully go postal? So once the left starts responding in kind, it'll be a downward spiral of shootings and other acts of terror. Sort of like The Troubles in Northern Ireland.

Comment

• We haven’t had the freedom to go anywhere without being shot for a long time. Wish more people cared

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                So once the left starts responding in kind, it'll be a downward spiral of shootings and other acts of terror. Sort of like The Troubles in Northern Ireland.
                                It really surprises me that we're not at that point yet, because I too remember seeing that play out on TV. Car bombings were a "norm" for a bit.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Working...
                                X