Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    Aren't they #1 for worst education system as well?
    Before we jump for joy too much about how crappy Mississippi is, we should ask if any of the "worst" is because they are so racists, and minorities suffer at such a high rate to make the whole state that bad.

Comment

• No it is because they are bankrupt and never fund education. It ain't like the Whites in Biloxi are Rhodes Scholars...
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• More video game problems at a mall in South Carolina. 10 NPC's shot.

Comment

• South Carolina shooter is in house arrest. And apparently allowed to go to work

wonder what color he is.

https://twitter.com/nbcnews/status/1...YFz0o3I1XGCKzA

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            South Carolina shooter is in house arrest. And apparently allowed to go to work

wonder what color he is.

https://twitter.com/nbcnews/status/1...YFz0o3I1XGCKzA
            He's black.
            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• I know. I was shocked and my sarcasm wasn’t stated well.

Comment

• Yeah the loss of smilies really hampers sarcasm on this board...
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• White supremicist shot up a Tops in Buffalo in what apparently is a predominantly black neighborhood.
                  Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                  Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Legitimate political discourse.
                    Cornell University
                    National Champion 1967, 1970
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                      I really don’t understand why the cops didn’t shoot him. They shoot people for no good reason all the time and in this case have a legitimate reason and don’t shoot.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I really don’t understand why the cops didn’t shoot him.
                        Yes you do.

Comment

• The gun humpers were already deflecting on Twitter saying that symbols found on the shooter are "Ukranian Nazi emblems, so he must have been a Nazi Leftist!" (used by the Azov brigade). And conveniently ignoring that the sunrise symbol used is a COMMON white supremacist symbol popularized by the German Nazis, and used currently by many far-right white supremacist groups, including the troubled Azov group.
                          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                            The gun humpers were already deflecting on Twitter saying that symbols found on the shooter are "Ukranian Nazi emblems, so he must have been a Nazi Leftist!" (used by the Azov brigade). And conveniently ignoring that the sunrise symbol used is a COMMON white supremacist symbol popularized by the German Nazis, and used currently by many far-right white supremacist groups, including the troubled Azov group.
                            Yet another reason to avoid Twitter like the plague that it is.

(Yes I sound old and crotchety, but this is a hill I'm willing to die on. Among the piles of dung that make up the social media landscape, Twitter has to be the biggest pile out there.)

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Yet another reason to avoid Twitter like the plague that it is.

(Yes I sound old and crotchety, but this is a hill I'm willing to die on. Among the piles of dung that make up the social media landscape, Twitter has to be the biggest pile out there.)
                              Facebook is worse because it has every Ma and Pa Kettle racist hayseed talking about how "Democratic cities like Chicago show what happens when they get a foothold."

Twitter has lower lows with the Pepe ****sticks, but Facebook is the common cesspool of the vast Middle American moron population. The latter swings elections and does a thousand times more damage.
                              Cornell University
                              National Champion 1967, 1970
                              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Facebook is worse because it has every Ma and Pa Kettle racist hayseed talking about how "Democratic cities like Chicago show what happens when they get a foothold."

Twitter has lower lows with the Pepe ****sticks, but Facebook is the common cesspool of the vast Middle American moron population. The latter swings elections and does a thousand times more damage.
                                I guess I see it differently because I'm a passive Facebook user and 95% of my usage is just catching updates that friends and family post. I don't use it for news and I don't use it for politics, and I just roll my eyes at the conservatives in my feed who post their crap.

maybe it's just selection bias since the only time I see tweets are really from here or Fark, but while Facebook has the mass of yokels, Twitter's format of limiting people to single sentences lends itself more to the emotive clickbait designed to outrage the reader without ever needing to provide any context whatsoever.

Comment

Working...
                                X