Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

I was always told by the gun nuts that the most important thing is being a responsible gun owner. These people were not and from the sounds of it armed a kid illegally. Now all of a sudden that doesn't matter? **** the gun nuts and **** 2A.
    Just like we keep hearing about "good cops" when bad things happen... it's the same BS when gun owners are shown to be totally irresponsible with their guns. I could post, again, what should be restricted, but it will be shot down again.

If the kid was given a 30-06 to go deer hunting, that would be one thing. But he was given a semi-auto handgun that can be concealed, who's main purpose in design is to kill people.

Seems like we need to regress to allow people to only have bolt action rifles. And single shot shotguns.

Comment

• 500k bond for each fleeing parent.

im sure Donald and Matt will be alone shortly to raise the bond money

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Just like we keep hearing about "good cops" when bad things happen... it's the same BS when gun owners are shown to be totally irresponsible with their guns. I could post, again, what should be restricted, but it will be shot down again.

If the kid was given a 30-06 to go deer hunting, that would be one thing. But he was given a semi-auto handgun that can be concealed, who's main purpose in design is to kill people.

Seems like we need to regress to allow people to only have bolt action rifles. And single shot shotguns.
        Drew and the rest of his ilk ended the gun argument at sandy hook when they didn’t care that kids got murdered. It’s over - they don’t care who gets murdered

Comment

• Random question I just thought of...how can they charge him as an adult and the parents? You have to pick one or the other don’t you?
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
            Random question I just thought of...how can they charge him as an adult [?]
            State of Michigan allows minors to be charged as an adult IF the crime committed would be a felony as an adult.

We're the "F*ck around and you'll quietly find out" state.
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Random question I just thought of...how can they charge him as an adult and the parents? You have to pick one or the other don’t you?
              I haven't looked at what the charges are, but I would imagine they are different crimes.
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Random question I just thought of...how can they charge him as an adult and the parents? You have to pick one or the other don’t you?
                You still think the parents are not responsible for this? Seriously?

Even if they supplied a drug dealer and knew he would go shoot someone, they would be prosecuted. They supplied a murderer AND knew he was a threat. These gun owners are the ones that are making you look like a fool. Stop going to bat for them and support responsible gun ownership. Or just stop pretending you care about human life.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

You still think the parents are not responsible for this? Seriously?

Even if they supplied a drug dealer and knew he would go shoot someone, they would be prosecuted. They supplied a murderer AND knew he was a threat. These gun owners are the ones that are making you look like a fool. Stop going to bat for them and support responsible gun ownership. Or just stop pretending you care about human life.
                  Drew is busy donating to this guy

https://twitter.com/timfullerton/sta...271973377?s=21

Comment

• Oh.

all of them can rot on murder charges. Yes drew its possible for more than one person to be charged as adult in a crime.

“Ethan Crumbley, a 15-year-old sophomore, made a video discussing ways of killing his fellow students the night before he attacked his high school, killing four students and critically injuring multiple others. Oakland County prosecutor Karen McDonald stated that the attack was premeditated, pointing to a “mountain of digital evidence” that authorities had recovered.

“This was not just an impulsive act,” she said.
                    https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...4siLxxUs2LuQQE

Comment

• Well I think Drew is asking how the parents can be considered responsible for him if he is deemed an adult by the charge. On the surface that is a bit confusing.

Of course all you have to know is that they bought him the gun underage and they ignored warnings to what he was up to which is why they are responsible. Basic levels of logic will get you there.

BTW in Minnesota anyone over 14 can be tried as an adult.
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        500k bond for each fleeing parent.

The **** is there any bail? They are obviously a flight risk.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• For the same reason Insurrections got low bail and were allowed to break the bail restrictions and still not get violated...

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Well I think Drew is asking how the parents can be considered responsible for him if he is deemed an adult by the charge. On the surface that is a bit confusing.

Of course all you have to know is that they bought him the gun underage and they ignored warnings to what he was up to which is why they are responsible. Basic levels of logic will get you there.

BTW in Minnesota anyone over 14 can be tried as an adult.
                            He's pretending to know what's going on without knowing what's going on then?

He's already pointed out that the school has problems because there was a meeting between the parents and the school- and at that moment, the supplier of the gun knew that the receiver was dangerous. Even if it was adult to adult, gifting a gun to a know dangerous person seems to be a pretty big problem- gun suppliers to gangs are prosecuted even though they are not the ones pulling the trigger. This is no different than that.

The fact that they had more responsibility than just a simple gun supplier because they were is parents makes it that much worse.

But lets trace back the cry to prosecute minor criminals as adults.... from the same gun loving republicans who want to punish everyone and think that everything should be a capitol crime. Can't have it both ways there, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              500k bond for each fleeing parent.

More likely that they will make a plea to raise money on the behalf of the bond, only to just keep it for themselves. It's been their pattern. And people bend over and beg for another.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

The **** is there any bail? They are obviously a flight risk.
                                That was my first question. They fled.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X