Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post

Yep...reports surfacing that some students didn't feel comfortable going in today. As usual...this could have been prevented.
    and as usual...the ammophiles pull out the "I thought schools were gun free zones" "guess the criminals just don't follow laws"
    I'm so *** sick of it.
    Student in custody is 15. You can't tell me he didn't have easy access to a gun...and I'd bet a legal one too.
    I don’t think there is anything wrong with holding a gun owner liable if they’ve done something negligent but I doubt it happens very often. How successful are parents keeping liquor away from their kids? It’s the same idea with guns.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I don’t think there is anything wrong with holding a gun owner liable if they’ve done something negligent but I doubt it happens very often. How successful are parents keeping liquor away from their kids? It’s the same idea with guns.
      My parents were pretty damn successful with it. I had my first drink on my 21st. Guns and liquor can be locked up in the home. That standard should be the minimum. And absolutely parents should be held responsible when junior uses their gun to murder.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

They were accessories to murder- they are liable for their guns, and them being used properly. But they were not, and were used to murder kids in cold blood. Should be sent to jail, or at least the parents of the kids should make sure the family has zero resources to live on for the rest of their lives. Their gun took the lives away from kids.

If they are not successful at keeping them from kids, then either they should not have guns or they should not have kids. There are locks for them- many designs. This isn't rocket science.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

They were accessories to murder- they are liable for their guns, and them being used properly. But they were not, and were used to murder kids in cold blood. Should be sent to jail, or at least the parents of the kids should make sure the family has zero resources to live on for the rest of their lives. Their gun took the lives away from kids.

If they are not successful at keeping them from kids, then either they should not have guns or they should not have kids. There are locks for them- many designs. This isn't rocket science.
          I’ll let a lawyer give the official answer but if they took precautions an average person found reasonable they wouldn’t be negligent. There is only so much one can do.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Reports that the suspect's father purchased the gun used in the shooting on Black Friday. The parents are refusing to let him talk to police and have hired an attorney for him.

Comment

• Parents need to start being locked up for this ****

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                The parents are refusing to let him talk to police and have hired an attorney for him.
                Well, they're doing one thing right...

Comment

• Sorry, did I imply that last part was bad? He'll get a defense. Likely gonna be a hard sell though.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                    Sorry, did I imply that last part was bad? He'll get a defense. Likely gonna be a hard sell though.
                    No, but a lot of people are conditioned by every police procedural on tv to believe that lawyering up and exercising your right to remain silent are bad things.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

No, but a lot of people are conditioned by every police procedural on tv to believe that lawyering up and exercising your right to remain silent are bad things.
                      There are a lot of good videos on YouTube about this. The over-caffeinated prof is probably my favorite though.

but shut the **** up Friday is also good.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        Video of shooter trying to impersonate a sheriff to get at kids locked in a classroom.

merica.

https://***********/phil_lewis_/stat...867269634?s=21
                        That is probably the most chilling video I have seen on the web in a LONG time...

Smart move by those kids. Literally their lives were in the balance...
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Is it the right time to talk about this yet?
                          Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• In 150 years guns are going to be like slavery now. People will think "how the hell did anyone justify that?" And the answer will be the same: greed, tradition, and stupidity.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

That is probably the most chilling video I have seen on the web in a LONG time...

Smart move by those kids. Literally their lives were in the balance...
                              When we had to do the drills for this stuff when I was in high school (20 years ago, how sad is that?), I long maintained a stance that if I heard gunshots it was “**** your lockdown, my chair is going through that window and I’m out of here.”
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                                When we had to do the drills for this stuff when I was in high school (20* years ago, how sad is that?), I long maintained a stance that if I heard gunshots it was “**** your lockdown, my chair is going through that window and I’m out of here.”
                                Somebody went to a rural high school...

* try 40

Last edited by Kepler; 11-30-2021, 11:42 PM.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X