Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
    One, you can call a Constitutional convention, but that requires a vote of 2/3 of the state legislatures to get that done, and at that point all bets are off with respect to what gets done when they start re-writing the constitution.
    LOL, no dude. That's how you wind up with the dumbest most vicious people in the farm belt imprisoning the most educated and productive people on the coasts.

What we do is kick the hayseeds out or dilute their EV like in The Social Network.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• You are all missing the point that the general attitude to repeal the 2nd is growing. If nothing is done and the mass shootings just get worse, the number of people who will want to repeal it will grow. And if that growth gets high enough, it can get repealed.

So do something now, before it's too late. How the gun industry misses that is beyond me.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
        You are all missing the point that the general attitude to repeal the 2nd is growing. If nothing is done and the mass shootings just get worse, the number of people who will want to repeal it will grow. And if that growth gets high enough, it can get repealed.

So do something now, before it's too late. How the gun industry misses that is beyond me.
        Have you met the Republican Mentality since ~1980? They've been all or nothing for a long long time now. They don't compromise. On anything. Especially if it's a money generator issue.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Have you met the Republican Mentality since ~1980? They've been all or nothing for a long long time now. They don't compromise. On anything. Especially if it's a money generator issue.
          Just saw a Gallup poll that suggests that 56% of Americans are dissatisfied with the current gun control laws. That's up by 14 points since 2012.

Do people really think that the system can go on unchanged w/o consequences?

Feel free to ignore it. I just don't see that working out all that well. And if the SCOTUS makes it easier to carry, and the natural result will be more people getting killed.... Yea.

Comment

Just saw a Gallup poll that suggests that 56% of Americans are dissatisfied with the current gun control laws. That's up by 14 points since 2012.

Feel free to ignore it. I just don't see that working out all that well. And if the SCOTUS makes it easier to carry, and the natural result will be more people getting killed.... Yea.
            It may be collapsing. I hope you're right. I just don't see it. Look at the numbers for abortion and look at all the laws Republicans are proposing and getting passed in the backwoods areas of the United States.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Just saw a Gallup poll that suggests that 56% of Americans are dissatisfied with the current gun control laws.
              What does "dissatisfied" mean? It could mean they want all gun laws abolished so they can play pew pew in the streets.

If SCOTUS really does strike down every gun control law in the US it's going to be like Lochner: even people who valued economic freedom knew it was insane to strike down child labor and wage slavery restrictions.

The orcs can't help themselves: the instant they get a head of steam they immediately give themselves away: stop blacks from voting, militarize the cops, criminalize protest (ours, not theirs), legalize death squads, end taxes on the rich, establish herp-a-Christ as the state religion and harass or imprison any non-conformists. Wherever the Right takes over, in any country, it's always the same Pinochet Bolsonaro Franco Dump Mussolini Duterte creepshow.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

What does "dissatisfied" mean? It could mean they want all gun laws abolished so they can play pew pew in the streets.

If SCOTUS really does strike down every gun control law in the US it's going to be like Lochner: even people who valued economic freedom knew it was insane to strike down child labor and wage slavery restrictions.

The orcs can't help themselves: the instant they get a head of steam they immediately give themselves away: stop blacks from voting, militarize the cops, criminalize protest (ours, not theirs), legalize death squads, end taxes on the rich, establish herp-a-Christ as the state religion and harass or imprison any non-conformists. Wherever the Right takes over, in any country, it's always the same Pinochet Bolsonaro Franco Dump Mussolini Duterte creepshow.
                It's a trend. It means that American's are increasingly not happy with gun laws. If they are further undone, and more people die, I would expect that the number will just get higher. At some point, a tipping point to get rid of the 2nd will be reached, as I see it.

I'm generally pro second, but not for unlimited rights- it does say "well regulated"- so reducing the killing effectiveness of guns should be done. But is we all continue to ignore it, or backtrack even more... Well, don't be all that surprised when there's a real movement to repeal the 2nd.

Comment

• If little kindergartners dying in a classroom couldn’t get a movement going, nothing will.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                    If little kindergartners dying in a classroom couldn’t get a movement going, nothing will.
                    This.

what did that one guy say? His gun rights are more important than a kids dead body

that guy is prolly middle of road R now

Comment

If little kindergartners dying in a classroom couldn’t get a movement going, nothing will.
                      White rich kindergartners.

That was the Rubicon. That was when I realized the Republicans had won and America had turned into a garbage country.
                      Cornell University

Comment

• Personally I went from respecting people's 2A rights to absolutely not giving a sh-t about 2A and wanting a total ban.
                        Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                          Personally I went from respecting people's 2A rights to absolutely not giving a sh-t about 2A and wanting a total ban.
                          I will respect people's 2A rights if they have taken the steps to be "well-regulated" and they support reasonable legislation to that effect. Unfortunately, it has been my experience over the years that the kind of lout who parades around with his firearms on full display doesn't give a sh*t about basic firearm safety, let alone reasonable legislative proposals, or critical thinking in a tense situation. Therefore you might very well get your wish someday, but I suspect it's not going to be in our lifetimes and it probably won't happen in the current configuration of the United States.
                          Last edited by FadeToBlack&Gold; 04-27-2021, 04:38 PM.

Comment

You are all missing the point that the general attitude to repeal the 2nd is growing. If nothing is done and the mass shootings just get worse, the number of people who will want to repeal it will grow. And if that growth gets high enough, it can get repealed.

There is no chance the 2nd gets repealed or that people would ever overwhelmingly support it. Hell I hate guns and even I am not sure I support it. Repealing the Second won't make any of this go away.
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Yeah what? Just because people want to make it harder to get guns /= they want to end gun ownership which apparently you think is coming.

There is a better chance they repeal parts of the First than there is of 2A going away. (and neither will ever happen)
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Yeah, and we came real close a few years ago to having enough Republican run Legislatures to have it happen.
                                People don't understand how close it was. We're talking like a dozen or two state legislature seats.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X