Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know we're going to be shocked by this...but the gun was unlocked in a drawer and the parents
    "Saw nothing to indicate something like this was possible."

https://twitter.com/Well_Regulated_/...001605121?s=19
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• My friends wife teaches there...it is literally 2 miles from here. ****ing crazy...
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        My friends wife teaches there...it is literally 2 miles from here. ****ing crazy...
        I think you’re going through a bit of what my brothers did when the DC Sniper (Lee Malvo) and his son shot some kids outside the school in Bowie, MD. My brothers attended that school, we lived about 4 blocks from the school before movie to MN back in ‘78.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kansas-...nkId=117258124

A 24-year-old journalist for a Kansas City public radio station died this weekend after apparently being struck by a stray bullet that pierced a window in her apartment.
          I guess there were no good guys around. Where they all hanging out?
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
            I know we're going to be shocked by this...but the gun was unlocked in a drawer and the parents
            "Saw nothing to indicate something like this was possible."

https://twitter.com/Well_Regulated_/...001605121?s=19
            Aren't there supposed to be laws for gun owners who's guns were used illegally??? I thought that was a real thing.

This is going to end with more and more mass murders. And then the end of the 2nd amendment by the public who see that it's more a harm than a good.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

Aren't there supposed to be laws for gun owners who's guns were used illegally??? I thought that was a real thing.

This is going to end with more and more mass murders. And then the end of the 2nd amendment by the public who see that it's more a harm than a good.
              The 2nd Amendment that this wonderful Supreme Court is likely to expand? We're going to be long dead before it ends
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post

The 2nd Amendment that this wonderful Supreme Court is likely to expand? We're going to be long dead before it ends
                Given the change in opinion to repeal the 2nd over time, I think it's more possible than anyone thinks. The public can overturn it, and the SCOTUS can do nothing about it.

Comment

Given the change in opinion to repeal the 2nd over time, I think it's more possible than anyone thinks. The public can overturn it, and the SCOTUS can do nothing about it.
                  Doesn't it take something like a 2/3 vote in each house of Congress, plus 75% of the states to repeal an amendment?
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Doesn't it take something like a 2/3 vote in each house of Congress, plus 75% of the states to repeal an amendment?
                    2/3 House or 2/3 states via a Constitutional convention. Not both. The 21st repealed the 18th with just the states.

Comment

2/3 House or 2/3 states via a Constitutional convention. Not both. The 21st repealed the 18th with just the states.
                      I think there are two options.

One, you can call a Constitutional convention, but that requires a vote of 2/3 of the state legislatures to get that done, and at that point all bets are off with respect to what gets done when they start re-writing the constitution.

Option two is that both houses of Congress have to pass the proposed repeal, by a 2/3 majority, then it gets sent to the states. 3/4ths of the states have to approve it. That can be done by the state legislatures, or it can be done by state conventions.
                      That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

No, the public cannot. It would require ratification by 38 state legislatures. There are currently only 18 where both houses are controlled by Democrats (2 split and 30 R). To get to 38, you’d have to pick up both splits (MN and AK). NE is unicameral, so then you’d need a further 37 R chambers (for a total of 39) to vote against party and donor doctrine to get it done. There are only 61 R chambers, so you’re talking about flipping at a very minimum 39 out of 61 R chambers. Keep in mind that it is likely that many of those chambers probably have rules that allow a single Member (a la Mitch McConnell) to prevent even getting a vote, so not only do enough Rs have to flip - they have to be the RIGHT ones.

It’s far more likely that the current SCOTUS uses Corlett to take the opportunity to declare that the 2nd amendment really only applies to state-controlled national guards. Not. Happening.
                        If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

I think there are two options.

One, you can call a Constitutional convention, but that requires a vote of 2/3 of the state legislatures to get that done, and at that point all bets are off with respect to what gets done when they start re-writing the constitution.

Option two is that both houses of Congress have to pass the proposed repeal, by a 2/3 majority, then it gets sent to the states. 3/4ths of the states have to approve it. That can be done by the state legislatures, or it can be done by state conventions.
                          Either way, it still has to be ratified by 75% of the state legislatures (governors cannot veto). 2/3 of states to call the convention, but 3/4 to ratify the results of the convention’s work.
                          If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Yeah that is why the ERA never passed...
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• A constitutional convention is handing the new Constitution to ALEC. There's a reason they've been trying to get one of those for decades
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                                A constitutional convention is handing the new Constitution to ALEC. There's a reason they've been trying to get one of those for decades
                                Yeah, and we came real close a few years ago to having enough Republican run Legislatures to have it happen.
                                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Working...
                                X