Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Again, bless your little heart.
    Please do not quote the derp.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Oh, ffs, you guys are so lame. You could hold the White House, a hundred seats in the Senate and 435 in the House and you'd still find some excuse to not do what you always claim you'd do "if we just had the power." At that point you'd probably claim you aren't going to do it because you're afraid the SCOTUS would strike it down.

You wanted the power, use it. Don't give me this Manchin or filibuster crap.
      I can't stress this enough....Go. F. Yourself.
      "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
      -Gallagher

R.I.P.
      Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
      Grandma ~ Jan 2004
      Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
      Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

• This might shed some light on the situation.

https://***********/svensundgaard/st...036854791?s=21

They’ll bless guns, but not gays.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

Aren’t you the poster people on here “accuse” of being a second amendment defender? If so, and you’re open to gun control legislation, maybe we’re turning a corner. I mean, Susan Collins has to be on board with some kind of gun control, right? Or is that B+ rating from the NRA indicate otherwise? I suppose I won’t hold my breath.
          I think pretty much everyone would like to see fewer people die from guns. I’m pretty upset over what happened, and from what I heard on CNN it sounds like the shooter was treated like **** with a not unexpected outcome.

At some point you would hope our country would really try to attack ‘deaths of despair.’ If you look at the stats over the last 20 years they are truly shocking. To be fair I think Biden and the Dems do want to make things better but we have a long way to go.

As far as gun only solutions, I’d love to see a waiting period and maybe some sort of education requirement and/or mental health screening when you buy a gun. Gun laws sadly won’t fix the main issue that we’re a divided country with unbelievable inequity.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I thought that was part of the appeal?
            I liked it so much I bought the company.

Fig 1 Dr. Mrs.' secret identical twin
            Cornell University
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I think pretty much everyone would like to see fewer people die from guns. I’m pretty upset over what happened, and from what I heard on CNN it sounds like the shooter was treated like **** with a not unexpected outcome.

At some point you would hope our country would really try to attack ‘deaths of despair.’ If you look at the stats over the last 20 years they are truly shocking. To be fair I think Biden and the Dems do want to make things better but we have a long way to go.

As far as gun only solutions, I’d love to see a waiting period and maybe some sort of education requirement and/or mental health screening when you buy a gun. Gun laws sadly won’t fix the main issue that we’re a divided country with unbelievable inequity.
              Why not just try a total gun ban? Say, 20 years, no private ownership of guns permitted. Let's see what happens. We can always go back.
              Cornell University

Comment

Gun laws won’t fix inequality, but they’ll help ameliorate the number of gun deaths we suffer every year, including suicides. Other developed countries in the world have figured out how to let people have guns without the ridiculously high levels of gun violence we have here. None of them have nearly as many guns per capita as we have here, but they still have stricter national laws. Your ideas are a good start. I don’t doubt there are responsible gun owners out there who want stricter requirements as well. It really could be bipartisan, if one party allowed it to be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Why not just try a total gun ban? Say, 20 years, no private ownership of guns permitted. Let's see what happens. We can always go back.
                  Okay, Obama.

Comment

Okay, Obama.
                    Obama asked for a slight tweak to gun laws so that nutty-nuts couldn't get them, which 95% of gun owners supported, and the GOP lynched him.

I'm trying to wipe the scourge out once and for all.

Maybe we actually should fight CW2 over this. Granted there will be loss of life but imagine being the kind of loser who would put your spouse and kids at risk for your replacement dick. When the sh-t actually comes down, how many of those cowards are actually gonna fight? Maybe one million, tops. The one million people we could most do without, moving forward.

Last edited by Kepler; 03-23-2021, 01:25 PM.
                    Cornell University

Comment

• Guy purchased his assault rifle less than a week before his murder spree yesterday

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        Guy purchased his assault rifle less than a week before his murder spree yesterday
                        Good law. Having to wait for stuff like that is total BS.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Gun laws sadly won’t fix the main issue that we’re a divided country with unbelievable inequity.
                          And that has what to do with this latest shooting?

What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Background checks, mental health checks, etc. are barely even half-measures. Most mass shooters have proven to be law-abiding until the moment they fire into their target crowd. Simply trafficking in wacky political views and conspiracies isn't sufficient grounds to declare someone mentally ill and take away their gun rights.

The only serious solution is to stiffen gun laws and the penalties for breaking them in a manner that is going to send a lot of middle aged, undersexed white men to prison for many years to actually live out their wild-eyed fantasies of being freedumb fightin' political prisoners of the far left. When lazy mfers start serving 10 or 15 years in the slammer for shootings their kids commit with their unlocked firearms, then maybe you'll start to see rubes get the message and take gun safety more seriously. When Cleetus is hauled off to federal PMITA prison as a co-conspirator for selling an assault rifle to Bubba who turned around and used it to shoot up a crowd, maybe these fcktards will finally get the message.

Comment

• We can at least start by putting the same registration requirements as voting does. Including refreshing your gun registration on a regular basis, just like voting. Why having a gun has less requirements than voting does makes no sense at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                                We can at least start by putting the same registration requirements as voting does. Including refreshing your gun registration on a regular basis, just like voting. Why having a gun has less requirements than voting does makes no sense at all.
                                It’s disgusting, and it’s the United States. I personally want strict laws on gun possession. Responsible gun owners will still get to keep their guns that way. I don’t personally own a gun and never will, but I’m not going to tell others they can’t. Joe Manchin doesn’t think background checks are necessarily important “when I know the person”, so when half-measures can hardly be agreed upon at this point, we’re (still) ****ed. Clearly, there millions of people who would permanently give up their right to vote to keep when even one gun. Hmmm...let’s make that into law.

Comment

Working...
                                X