Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    I read about that on Twitter a few weeks ago. A lot of this is just backlash because of states like NY and CA passing extreme gun laws and then trying to railroad people who did nothing wrong. As I’ve said in the past there should be some sort of national gun license that gets rid of the ambiguity of state laws and would ensure people who had the licenses are stable.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
      The more I think about it the more I realize that the only way we have to save this country (short of eliminating about 30% of our population in targeted areas) would have been an expansion of the Supreme Court by at least 4 seats, and ideally by 6 or even 8. (Canada has a court with 9 justices I believe and a population that is what, 1/8th the size of the U.S.?).

Democrats and their voters errored tremendously in 2020 when there was a chance, however small, to elect at least 2 Democratic senators in races where the republican incumbant was vulnerable. Had we had enough votes in the senate to do it, Biden could have added 4-8 justices who are all in their 50s, and for the next 25-40 years the courts could have been dismantling all of the damage of the last generation.

For different reasons, democrats can't win these battles nationwide because the majority of voters in too many states (North and South Dakota, Wyoming, Idaho and Montana get to elect 10 senators and New York and California get 8, come on man) will prevent it. republicans know they can't win fair and sqaure in the country as a whole, so they cheat and do all of the other things they can to preserve a governing majority even though they represent maybe 40 percent of the people in the country.

I do not understand, when 2 seats were ****ING STOLEN, how democrats can think the game needed to be played by the same rules. I do not understand, when it is as apparent as the sun rising in the East every ****ing day, that republicans and their voters mean the destruction of the country, you play the game by the same old and tired ****ing rules.

In 2016 the end looked like it may have been just 6 or 8 years away. Despite the appearance of a successful 2018 election cycle, and retaking the White House and Senate in 2020, I fear we are no further away than we were in 2016.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1530311024103985152

The key to stopping a shooting where the shooter locked himself inside a classroom is to make it possible to lock a classroom from the inside.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Some people who did nothing wrong got railroaded by not having a gun? Boo ****ing who.

try having people tell you that you literally can’t have control of your body.

**** guns. I feel nothing but joy every time one is taken away from someone, mentally ill or not

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            Some people who did nothing wrong got railroaded by not having a gun? Boo ****ing who.

try having people tell you that you literally can’t have control of your body.

**** guns. I feel nothing but joy every time one is taken away from someone, mentally ill or not
            Is this supposed to be some sort of bizarre anti-vaccine and anti-mask post?
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Is this supposed to be some sort of bizarre anti-vaccine and anti-mask post?
              No it was a reply to your bs post earlier about those mean dems passing laws that affected people.

you know damn well I’m talking about womens uteruses. You don’t need to get the vaccine - you just can’t participate in everything if you don’t.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1530311024103985152

The key to stopping a shooting where the shooter locked himself inside a classroom is to make it possible to lock a classroom from the inside.
                The level of incomprehensible stupidity coming from the right since the lastest school shooting should be all the proof anyone needs to know that these people will never act or cooperate in good faith on this issue. Never. There is not a single reasonable, responsible thing we can do that will have an actual effect that the right will agree to. Not a single thing.

So I believe the time has come for drastic measures, including confiscation. I say this as a concealed carry permit, legal firearm owner. I am absolutely willing to give up these rights. The time has come.

How many more times does it need to be shown we cannot responsibly allow this? These ****s, egged on by the likes of Tucker Carlson speak of civil war even when we fall short of talk of outright confiscation. It's like trying to appease Hitler with them. Just take the ****ing guns. Unlike the brave souls on the Uvalde police department, I'd be willing to risk life and limb to get the assault-style weapons at the very least and melt them all down. Someone has to do it.

I can think of nothing more horrific than small children being massacred. And republicans lately have come up with a lot of horrific notions about what they think they have the right to do to some peoples' bodies. But nothing approaches the level of scared small children having to go through what happened in Texas. Nothing. Hell, for the surviving kids it might be even worse. Something has to be done.

Comment

• Enter to win the model gun that just killed 19 children!

“Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Didn't they pull out of the NRA convention because of the shooting? If so even they get the optics are ridiculous...

Meanwhile the NRA has kids booths set up with toy guns cause they are ****ing lunatic psychopaths.

Hell even Jon Voigt is saying that stricter laws are needed...and he is a full Magayte!
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• This press release by the ulveda dept is not a joke

https://twitter.com/travisakers/stat...2m2wkqdNfMJjbg

Comment

• https://twitter.com/JoyceWhiteVance/...31050169974785

I favor as much civility in our discourse as possible but @mehdirhasan raises a fair point. If your political party stands for insurrectionists, refuses to take common sense steps to deal with massacres of school children & harbors racism then it’s fair to brand you with it.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Jesus will someone tell the Uvalde Police to shut the **** up...

https://twitter.com/travisakers/stat...09409541423106
                          -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            Jesus will someone tell the Uvalde Police to shut the **** up...

I’d have posted the pic if I could figure out out haha so I had just linked to it

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              Jesus will someone tell the Uvalde Police to shut the **** up...

Someone from that department is gonna end up killing a brown person just to prove a point that they are "Brave" or that we need to "Respect the Blue" or something....
                              It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• When there's a controversy and one side says the important thing is that we heal and come together, then you know which side done ****ed up.
                                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Working...
                                X