Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We found the culprit. Joe Biden.

Ronna McDaniel: “We have to look at the whole picture - mental health, violent video games, isolation coming out of the pandemic .. It would have been nice if Joe Biden had used that moment to lead a nation in mourning and bring us together.”
    https://***********/RonFilipkowski/s...57157151313920
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• https://***********/abughazalehkat/s...782147/photo/1

We should just remove all oxygen from the schools. Then when the shooter gets in there they can't breathe!

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Tucker's calling for Civil War.

Tucker Carlson: If you try to enact gun control, you'll start a civil war.
        https://***********/abughazalehkat/s...14953572859905
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• A mother of two students raced to Robb elementary school in Uvalde once she heard reports of a shooter. She was forty miles away.

Once she got there, the police still hadn't entered. And they swiftly put her in handcuffs.
          https://www.wsj.com/articles/uvalde-...se-11653588161

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            At some point, parents of murdered children may be willing to go to civil war

Comment

• I've said it before. The police are the enemy.

Comment

• Husband of slain Uvalde teacher dies of heart attack after visiting memorial at school
                Joe Garcia, Irma Garcia’s husband of 24 years, ‘passed away due to grief,’ a family member said.
                https://www.dallasnews.com/news/crim...hool-shooting/

Comment

• https://www.theonion.com/entire-u-s-...-gu-1848981784

Entire U.S. Police Force Flees Country After Hearing Gunman Inside Nation

Comment

• The Onion has been downright savage these last few days.
                    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
                      Press conference not going well for TX Dept of Public Safety.

https://***********/Breaking911/stat...96962627186709

Now the gunman strolled in an unmarked, unlocked door unmolested? Resource officer wasnt carrying?

Sounds like a cover up and they haven't gotten their stories straight yet.

*edit* Oh, and they may have even negotiated with the gunman. But it wasn't clarified.
                      This is getting worse and worse for the cops. It looks bad even by modern cop standards, which are pretty ****ing low to begin with
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

This is getting worse and worse for the cops. It looks bad even by modern cop standards, which are pretty ****ing low to begin with
                        Yeah, once the cops went in, they went and rescued their own kids first, *then* addressed the shooter/victims.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Imagine the bloodshed if the shooter hadn't barricaded himself in one room because he assumed the police would respond immediately. If he had known he would have an hour of free reign in the school he might have killed everyone.

Comment

• Thats a nightmare inside a nightmare.

Amerie Jo Garza's father, a med aide, says he found out she was one of the victims when he arrived on the scene and was helping another little girl covered in blood. She told him her best friend had been shot. When he asked her name, she said his daughter's.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

This post might perfectly encapsulate the attitude and ineptitude of the Democratic party for the last half century, with even the correct amount of condescension drizzled on top.

Element #1, the smartest guys in the room. You have carefully and correctly identified the root of the problem, and you've even come up with the right solution to solve it, so how dare anyone else enter the chat.

Great. So here's an idea, how about solving the ****ing problem then?

That gets us to element #2, blame. "Those big, bad Republicans won't let us solve the problem." FFS, by my count Democrats have a trifecta (both houses of the legislative body, and the executive branch) in about 14 states, and the federal ****ing government. Here's a free tip for you. That's when it's easiest to pass your laws! Why do you want to be in power if you're not going to do anything about, or implement your brilliant solutions?

Oh yeah, element #3, lack of political will. You guys beg and plead to be placed into power because you have all the answers, and then the minute it happens, the minute you hold all the cards, all the power, what's the excuse? Oh, uh.....courts, uh.....filibuster....umm, traitors in our own party....the political will just isn't there.

So that's the Democratic platform? You're the party that can identify correctly all of the problems, can craft the perfect solutions, but when given an opportunity to do so, you're too ****ing spineless to actually do it???

You know, the state governments of Texas and Florida are the favorite whipping boys of the Bobbleheads here in Cafe, and I'll be the first to admit, those boys in Texas and Florida have some bat**** crazy ideas as to what problems their state faces and how to correctly solve them. But I'll give them this. When someone tries to stand in their way, when courts or Democrats or whoever try to put up roadblocks, you don't hear them whining about lack of political will.

As Mike would say, no half measures. Do the job you were elected to do, or stop blaming me for your ineptitude.
                              And your post perfectly displays how disingenuous you are.

Element #1: I guess you are also apart of this group, since you too have now correctly identified the problem. Alas, you attempt to play victim by playing me or anyone else on here as roadblocks to your freedom of providing conversation on here. Problem: Insane amount of gun violence unique to America. Solution: Reduce insane number of guns in private hands. You. Me. Basically everyone else on here: complete agreement. So, how to do that you ask? So glad you asked...

Element #2: At the federal level, yes, the Republican Party is providing a roadblock. You know this. You're not stupid, you're just gaslighting. No one on here had any notion of sweeping changes at the federal level. A second budget reconciliation bill, yes, but even that was going to be limited in scope. It would have had nothing to do with significant gun reform, which again, requires overcoming the filibuster, which isn't so easy. In fact, you've argued you think Democrats should not abolish the filibuster, even if they had the votes, which they clearly do not at the moment. You're not stupid. You know this, you're just gaslighting. BUT, at the state level Democrats are in control, gun legislation IS being passed. You've highlighted some of it yourself, and then subsequently mocked the value of said legislation. Your argument is that it won't do anything to stop gun violence. Again, we're in violent agreement that a near-total ban of privately owned guns is the best solution to our unique gun problem. But, absent that, which isn't happening anywhere, something is absolutely better than nothing. If it saves a dozen lives every year, what is the cost to achieve those dozen lives? 1,000 fewer get a gun? 1,000 more get theirs taken away? Back-patting by local officials, almost certainly Democrats? This is where your argument goes off the rails, along with your gaslighting of us (Democrats) being "too spineless to do it." Democrats are doing it in areas where they can, whether you mock it or not. We're never going to go as a country from all guns to no guns. So, you take the baby steps as you get them. You know this. We may never get all of the way there, but the measures put in place along the way will still save lives. It's already there in the data in places like New York, California, and Massachusetts. What was the cost of saving people from suicide and mass shootings? If it was enacted at the federal level, places like Chicago wouldn't have to worry about Texas, Indiana, or Georgia's lax guns laws. But we don't have the votes to get rid of the filibuster, which leads to...

Element #3 We don't have the votes. You know this. You're not stupid, you're just gaslighting.

You agree with all of us that a near total ban on guns would be the best solution. Absent that, your ammunition tax idea is excellent, coupled with other measures put in place. I would implement that if I were mayor, governor, or President (assuming Congress would pass such a thing!) That doesn't mean it's a waste of time because it's not straight to a complete ban on private guns. Deep down, I know you know this. You're not stupid. You're just gaslighting.

Comment

• Wait, how did I miss this. THIRTY EIGHT PEOPLE WERE SHOT? THIRTY EIGHT?
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X