Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think you are just glossing over the dynamics of what is really going on. But, hey, you sit on your high horse and speak in platitudes that effectively do nothing. One party is willing, begging to govern. The other party is willing to burn the entire ****ing thing to the ground. That's the dynamic. Now, tell me the solution.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• He’s not wrong on the political will piece- we have two senators with no will. Post McCain, there are no Rs who would tank what the party wanted.

now I’d argue that gerrymandering and having the senate skewed to to rural whites is also an issue

Comment

• Had the shooting taken place at Kavanaugh's house instead of a school in middle America, Congress would have already passed a law protecting the elites. The talking point that laws don't stop violence would mysteriously go away. But the children of the elite aren't at risk. Ours are. They have their priorities. We aren't one of them.

Comment

• Cops standing around doing nothing? Same as its ever been. Identical situation at Columbine.

https://***********/the_cleric/statu...63483616477185

File "Only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun" right next to "trickle down economics" in the large bin labeled "Conservative bullsh** rammed down our throats non-consentually."
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
            Had the shooting taken place at Kavanaugh's house instead of a school in middle America, Congress would have already passed a law protecting the elites. The talking point that laws don't stop violence would mysteriously go away. But the children of the elite aren't at risk. Ours are. They have their priorities. We aren't one of them.
            I don't agree. Steve Scalise was shot at a congressional softball game, and once again all we heard was "something something mental health something something radical leftist".

Gun fetish > everything
            I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
              Cops standing around doing nothing? Same as its ever been. Identical situation at Columbine.

File "Only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun" right next to "trickle down economics" in the large bin labeled "Conservative bullsh** rammed down our throats non-consentually."
              Listen, this is why we can't "defund the police."

If we don't shower police departments with obscene amounts of money, who will be there to stand around a parking lot while a shooter is inside of an elementary school slaughtering kids?
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

I don't agree. Steve Scalise was shot at a congressional softball game, and once again all we heard was "something something mental health something something radical leftist".

Gun fetish > everything
                Exactly. One of them was shot. One of them was almost killed. Nothing changed. Nothing. Maybe if one of them actually died or their child died. Maybe. I doubt it. But, maybe.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

Gun fetish > everything
                  That was then. Congress acted with lightning speed when the proles realized we could protest at the homes of the elite. They would certainly raise security to a new level. For them. Not for us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    He’s not wrong on the political will piece- we have two senators with no will. Post McCain, there are no Rs who would tank what the party wanted.

now I’d argue that gerrymandering and having the senate skewed to to rural whites is also an issue
                    I'd argue that their willingness to never govern, never do anything about anything except tax cuts for billionaire's and Homeland Security after 9/11, and protect our precious judges recently, has a lot to do with it. For some reason Democrats are sent to office to do hard things and Republicans are sent there to do easy things. It took them 50+ years to do the hard thing (eliminate Roe) and they eventually did it. NEVER EVER EVER losing any support or votes for not doing it along the way. Democrats would have gotten bored and destroyed themselves after one cycle of not getting that done.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Exactly. One of them was shot. One of them was almost killed. Nothing changed. Nothing. Maybe if one of them actually died or their child died. Maybe. I doubt it. But, maybe.
                      I honestly believe that if one of their children died in a shooting, they’d double down harder on making guns available and would use their dead kid to show how committed they are to the constitution. You know, the doc that didn’t recognize women as people

Comment

• I'm numb to these stories. I'm upset, but I know there's gonna be another one in a couple weeks. Nothing will have changed.

On a different note:
                        At least one journalist is out here asking tough questions.
                        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

That was then. Congress acted with lightning speed when the proles realized we could protest at the homes of the elite. They would certainly raise security to a new level. For them. Not for us.
                          You certainly could be right. I just don't buy it. Deflection is the name of the game. Anything to keep their penbis replacements.
                          I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• I find it funny cops can break into someone's house and kill them even if the warrant they got isn't for said person...but they can't go into a school to protect kids from an active shooter until they get the key.

I thought cops put their life on the line every day and that was why we needed them...im sure the parent who begged the cops to go in and then found out their child died feels safe?

I bet this gets almost no traction though. No media outlet is going to dare destroy the cops for their culpability. Cops did the same thing during the Parkland shooting...
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                              I find it funny cops can break into someone's house and kill them even if the warrant they got isn't for said person...but they can't go into a school to protect kids from an active shooter until they get the key.

I thought cops put their life on the line every day and that was why we needed them...im sure the parent who begged the cops to go in and then found out their child died feels safe?

I bet this gets almost no traction though. No media outlet is going to dare destroy the cops for their culpability. Cops did the same thing during the Parkland shooting...
                              Cops work for and take orders from the State. They are order takers that is it, they do as they are told.

Some can’t make that connection or don’t want to because they worship the State.

And you are right but not quite for the reason you think. This won’t get any media traction because the media is a mouth piece for the State.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                                I find it funny cops can break into someone's house and kill them even if the warrant they got isn't for said person...but they can't go into a school to protect kids from an active shooter until they get the key.

The examples of cops refusing to do anything are all over any number of these mass shootings. Law enforcement waited 60 minutes before confronting the Las Vegas shooter, and by the time they did decide to enter the hotel room it had been 30 minutes since he stopped firing and had presumably been dead that long. This despite the fact they identified the room he was in in minutes, and were on that floor and could hear the gunfire continue.

Anymore I am almost startled at how cowardly many in law enforcement are. I am not advocating for some Rambo like charge and putting yourself in danger with no possible benefit (the benefit being fewer kids get killed EVEN IF YOU PAY WITH YOUR LIFE. THAT IS WHAT YOU WERE HIRED TO POSSIBLE HAVE TO DO.) But these cops are all allegedly highly trained, well armed, armored up (other than first who arrive on a scene, but other than the armor when they climb out of their cars the other elements are the same) and hired to protect and serve. Many are ex-military with training that is designed to give them the skills and tactics necessary to confront active shooters.

The examples of cops behaving heroically are there, for sure. But I can point to just as many examples of civilians behaving heroically, like jumping into a cold lake to save someone from drowning, or rushing into a house with smoke pouring out of it to usher out a kid or a disabled person. These are people who never decided to make it their profession to protect others.

A friendly aquaintence of mine who I used to play beer league hockey with is (or was, we've lost touch since it has been a decade since I lived in IN) a cop. About a decade ago there was an active shooter at a grocery store in his town in northern Indiana. When the call came in he and a fellow officer arrived at the scene, compared all the information they had and the two of them entered the store, without any more hesitation than to briefly decide on a plan of action. The shooter was still inside, still firing. He had already shot mutliple people, killing two of them when he was located by my friend and his colleague. They engaged the shooter, and one or both of them managed to hit him with mutliple rounds, stopping him. The suspect eventually died. Had they not done what they did, he absolutely would have injured or killed more people. When cops do that, we should appreciate them, and recognize that not everyone is wired for that kind of action.

Were it that these kinds of events were so rare that no one could anticipate of even figure out how to plan for them, I could almost see a hesitation (a small hesitation, not 30 or 60 minutes) in preparing for what to do. But by now, don't you think they should have figured out what to do?
                                Last edited by WeAreNDHockey; 05-26-2022, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X