Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Change the law. We can do that. We make the laws. Make the insurance cover a deliberate shooting. Force people to carry it. I bet the cost is so expensive NO ONE could afford a gun anymore. And you know what? Good. **** them.
    You can’t force insurers to cover or not cover something.
    Originally posted by BobbyBrady
    Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

You can’t force insurers to cover or not cover something.
      Then have the government set up the insurance.
      Last edited by ScoobyDoo; 05-25-2022, 09:04 AM.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
      Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

What are you going to buy car insurance for? Because you're going to go out and hit someone's car on purpose?
        Well that's what I'm asking about this "gun insurance."

You buy car insurance to cover loss or damage to your own vehicle, but to also provide you with liability coverage if you should cause an accident and cause loss or damage to someone else. However, I'm pretty sure most of those policies will have an intentional act exclusion that denies coverage if you intentionally cause the accident.

If my gun is stolen from my car, or maybe damaged in a house fire or tornado or something, I already have insurance for that. My homeowners or renters insurance is going to cover that loss.

If I accidentally shoot someone, say a gun I'm handling accidentally discharges and hurts or kills someone, again the liability coverage under my homeowners or renters policy possibly provides me with coverage. Also, again, that coverage is going to deny coverage for "intentional acts" like going into a school and shooting a bunch of kids.

So that's what I'm asking. Are people who suggest mandatory gun insurance saying that a gun purchaser would purchase insurance that would cover one of these intentional acts?
        That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Can you imagine the fury and level of response from the US Govt if 19 Americans tourists were murdered somewhere in the world tomorrow. I sit in the uk and I’m amazed on a what seems like a monthly basis there’s a mass murder and it’s “thoughts and prayers” till the next one..
          https://***********/trevwomble72/sta...33570195623936
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Well that's what I'm asking about this "gun insurance."

You buy car insurance to cover loss or damage to your own vehicle, but to also provide you with liability coverage if you should cause an accident and cause loss or damage to someone else. However, I'm pretty sure most of those policies will have an intentional act exclusion that denies coverage if you intentionally cause the accident.

If my gun is stolen from my car, or maybe damaged in a house fire or tornado or something, I already have insurance for that. My homeowners or renters insurance is going to cover that loss.

If I accidentally shoot someone, say a gun I'm handling accidentally discharges and hurts or kills someone, again the liability coverage under my homeowners or renters policy possibly provides me with coverage. Also, again, that coverage is going to deny coverage for "intentional acts" like going into a school and shooting a bunch of kids.

So that's what I'm asking. Are people who suggest mandatory gun insurance saying that a gun purchaser would purchase insurance that would cover one of these intentional acts?
            This post is right on the money. The people who think insurance is the answer fundamentally don’t understand it.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
              Yes. It's time to increase the cost. Money is the only thing that anyone understands. No more greater expense then covering wrongful death. You want a gun? I have to assume you want to shoot somebody with it. Why else would you need it? For sport? We're beyond that being a viable argument. For food? Please. We're beyond that.

You don't need one. You want one it's going to be massively expensive to own one. And yes, this time we're coming for them. I'm done with this **** of believing in sensible gun owners. We have given them an opportunity for 20 years now to come to the table and work on solutions to this problem What have we gotten from sensible gun owners? NOT ONE ****ING THING.

I'm done. A lot of us are done. They're rewriting the Constitution of the United States now in the Supreme Court. Just making **** up. It's time to make the 2nd Amendment disappear.

Comment

This post is right on the money. The people who think insurance is the answer fundamentally don’t understand it.
                **** off.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Change the law. We can do that. We make the laws. Make the insurance cover a deliberate shooting. Force people to carry it. I bet the cost is so expensive NO ONE could afford a gun anymore. And you know what? Good. **** them.
                  licensing and insurance. Let the insurance be like car insurance. You own a hunting rifle and have been a responsible gun owner for 20 years? Your insurance is less, like a middle aged person driving a Civic. You just turned 18 and own an AR-15? Your insurance should be unaffordable, like trying to rent a car under the age of 21, or insurance for a 17 year old driving a Lamborghini
                  Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                  wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                  7 B1G
                  7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
                  6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
                  5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
                  5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
                  2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
                  2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

licensing and insurance. Let the insurance be like car insurance. You own a hunting rifle and have been a responsible gun owner for 20 years? Your insurance is less, like a middle aged person driving a Civic. You just turned 18 and own an AR-15? Your insurance should be unaffordable, like trying to rent a car under the age of 21, or insurance for a 17 year old driving a Lamborghini
                    Exactly.

Comment

How about you gun ****ers come up with a solution, then? People are actually dying in schools so that you can have your precious guns. How is *that* a reasonable position? It's hard to fathom that there's a serious abortion discussion when guns slaughter so many people, and that's somehow acceptable so that you can have your joys by shooting stuff.

There are some decent steps out there, but every time they come up, your people stop them- and more people are murdered for your pleasure. We are way beyond those small steps now.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

How about you gun ****ers come up with a solution, then? People are actually dying in schools so that you can have your precious guns. How is *that* a reasonable position? It's hard to fathom that there's a serious abortion discussion when guns slaughter so many people, and that's somehow acceptable so that you can have your joys by shooting stuff.

There are some decent steps out there, but every time they come up, your people stop them- and more people are murdered for your pleasure. We are way beyond those small steps now.
                        I’ve given solutions that would make a difference and no one wants to hear them.

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

You know how to get action right away? Blow up some pics of the kids dead bodies littered with bullet holes and go stand near Amy coney Barrett’s house. She’s pro life after all.

oh wait senate already immediately took action on that

Comment

• Clearly they need to hold school somewhere where guns are banned, like this week's upcoming NRA convention. https://jezebel.com/the-nra-is-banni...-up-1848973074

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              Clearly they need to hold school somewhere where guns are banned, like this week's upcoming NRA convention. https://jezebel.com/the-nra-is-banni...-up-1848973074
                              They had a good guy with a gun on staff. It failed. I guess it's time for full TSA screenings for elementary schools.

Comment

• I dont think insurance will work...it is one of those plans that sounds great in theory but will have zero effect in practice. It will do nothing in the long run to stop any of this because people will find ways to get guns without insurance (or will get cheap crap insurance like people with awful driving records do) which will fix nothing. The dead will never be compensated and the gun fellators will still have their guns somehow.

I mean come on there are plenty of uninsured drivers on the road...and you can't buy a car without insurance.

The only way is to tax it out of existence. It is right there in the wording "Well Regulated" well regulate it to death. Stop the BS. No more half measures. Start passing laws to regulate it and then make it so expensive that breaking the rules would require you to go into hock. Stop ***** footing around and wake the **** up.

And stop worrying that the GOP will accuse us of taking their guns...they will do that no matter what. Its time to sack up and fix the problem instead of just giving loud speeches.

Honestly, the Dems should run on dead students and Abortion. When the GOP bleats on about CRT show pictures of all the kids killed because of guns. No more wonky tax policy and "Trump is a bad man" Dems need to start speaking the truth and the truth is Voting GOP is Voting For Dead Babies and Subjugated Mothers.

"It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X