Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I changed my mind...arm the minority teachers! A while new type of CRT!
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

I know a pack of Cigs is like $10-12 in Chicago. Is it really $2.50-3 cost and $7.50-9 in tax?
      Wouldn't shock me
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• As a former smoker that sounds about right...
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

I know a pack of Cigs is like $10-12 in Chicago. Is it really $2.50-3 cost and $7.50-9 in tax?
          Yes.

1. Chicago ($1.18) plus Cook County ($3.00) plus Illinois ($2.98) = $7.16 per pack
          2. Evanston ($0.50) plus Cook County ($3.00) plus Illinois ($2.98) = $6.48 per pack
          3. Cicero ($0.16) plus Cook County ($3.00) plus Illinois ($2.98) = $6.14 per pack
          4. Cities with no tax in Cook County ($3.00) plus Illinois ($2.98) = $5.98 per pack
          5. New York City ($1.50 per pack) plus New York State ($4.35) = $5.85 per pack

39. Illinois ($2.98), excluding areas with local cigarette taxes = $2.98 per pack

The table shows state and local cigarette excise tax rates in effect by January 1, 2022. These combined cigarette tax rates do not include the federal cigarette tax ($1.01 per pack) or any state or local sales taxes that apply to cigarettes.

For Illinois, that's a state sales tax of 6.25%. Cook County charges an additional 1.75% sales tax. And the City of Chicago proper is an additional 2.25%.

That makes it 10.25% total, on TOP of those above taxes.
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            As a former smoker that sounds about right...
            Yeah the tax here finally got me to make the decision the state doesn't really want you to make. ;^)
            the state of hockey is good

Comment

• So where the **** was the good guy with a gun?!?!? :=|
              a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• To the troll who responded to me: anti-psychotic drug use is no different in the US than anywhere else. Try again.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                  So where the **** was the good guy with a gun?!?!? :=|
                  Cops saw the kid go in lol

Comment

• Everybody go play with your guns today. They can't take those away from you.

As for the good guy with the gun comment. He was there. He couldn't get through the body armor. I guess the whole good guy with a gun thing doesn't work. That's two in a row now where they had body armor. Maybe it is video games. I like video games. **** it. I don't care. Take my video games away. It would be worth it if just one 2nd-4th grader doesn't have to die to gunfire.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• I don't know what to say. This is disgusting and heartbreaking and predictable and preventable.

I've been a strong advocate for controlled and legal gun rights and, along with virtually everything else over the last few years, I'm rethinking things.

Something has to change.
                      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• You want to know the biggest joke of all.

The NRA has non-profit, tax-exempt status.

The National Rifle Association is indeed a tax-exempt nonprofit organization. To be specific, it has 501(c)(4) status, meaning it is regarded as a “social welfare organization” by the Internal Revenue Service:
                        To be operated exclusively to promote social welfare, an organization must operate primarily to further the common good and general welfare of the people of the community (such as by bringing about civic betterment and social improvements.)
                        Now that's ****ing irony.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• https://time.com/6170864/cause-of-death-children-guns/

Guns Became the Leading Cause of Death for American Children and Teens in 2020
                          There's nothing we can do. Nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                            Everybody go play with your guns today. They can't take those away from you.

As for the good guy with the gun comment. He was there. He couldn't get through the body armor. I guess the whole good guy with a gun thing doesn't work. That's two in a row now where they had body armor. Maybe it is video games. I like video games. **** it. I don't care. Take my video games away. It would be worth it if just one 2nd-4th grader doesn't have to die to gunfire.
                            Reports now he didn’t even have body armor on lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Reports now he didn’t even have body armor on lol
                              Really? So the good guys just let him go into the school and fire away then? AYFKM?

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                                CBP also on the scene. Must be tough for parents to risk deportation going to see if their child was shot to pieces in the country they came to for a better life.

$Texas
                                Why would anyone want to come here -- and especially to Texas -- for a better life. Other countries need to be sanctioning us. We are no longer a first world nation (haven't been for a while now) and the rest of the world probably needs to step up and do what we won't do. Maybe when life becomes unbearable for enough people here we will rise up and finally drive out the current government for one that actually is of the people. I mean we think this is what we want to happen in Russia. It needs to happen here.

Comment

Working...
                                X