Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • That isn't enough...it needs to be much higher. Firing a bullet should be costly.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

    "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

    Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      That isn't enough...it needs to be much higher. Firing a bullet should be costly.
      This does exactly that. A $10 box of shotgun shells just became $35. A $50 box of handgun ammo just became $200.
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

      Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

      Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

      Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

        I'm sure you mean the 2nd Amendment.

        There was also a second reason. Slave owners were terrified at the prospect that they could be barred from having guns. How else are overseers going to control slaves who outnumber them 50:1?
        Apparently I'm twice as mad. but it's fixed.

        This is a very pointless amendment. Even 250 years ago, it wasn't going to stop some level of tyranny, or perceived tyranny- unless people have forgotten the whiskey rebellion that was put down by federal troops. Before there was a standing army.

        This 3% group are totally delusional.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

          This does exactly that. A $10 box of shotgun shells just became $35. A $50 box of handgun ammo just became $200.
          If that was tax revenue, that would be fine, but this profits the gun makers- who are going to whip up a panic- so that there's a run on guns an ammo. They are making money off the blood of children.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

            This does exactly that. A $10 box of shotgun shells just became $35. A $50 box of handgun ammo just became $200.
            I don’t care if it’s triple that. Boohoo

            Comment


            • Rest assured though that if this were 11 women having an abortion in Texas they’d already be in jail and there’d be 20 laws passed. Let’s go Beto.
              Uncle Mickey: July 23, 1950-July 22, 2003

              WRPI, 91.5 FM...usually color commentary.

              Comment


              • Maybe we require anyone who wants to buy a gun to look at pictures of these kids for an hour.

                Cornell '04, Stanford '06


                KDR

                Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

                Test to see if I can add this.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by MichVandal View Post

                  If that was tax revenue, that would be fine, but this profits the gun makers- who are going to whip up a panic- so that there's a run on guns an ammo. They are making money off the blood of children.
                  That's what it is: A federal tax on each round/shell sold... Also, name another product in existence where the tax is 3x the actual cost of an item? I'd like to make it $5, but that gets into "insane" territory and will be viewed the same as asking the government to recognize a Flat Earth as their official stance.
                  It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

                  Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

                  Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

                  Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

                    That's what it is: A federal tax on each round/shell sold... Also, name another product in existence where the tax is 3x the actual cost of an item? I'd like to make it $5, but that gets into "insane" territory and will be viewed the same as asking the government to recognize a Flat Earth as their official stance.
                    Cigarettes
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                    Comment


                    • Twenty three
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                      Comment


                      • CBP also on the scene. Must be tough for parents to risk deportation going to see if their child was shot to pieces in the country they came to for a better life.

                        $Texas

                        Cornell '04, Stanford '06


                        KDR

                        Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

                        Test to see if I can add this.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

                          Cigarettes
                          I know a pack of Cigs is like $10-12 in Chicago. Is it really $2.50-3 cost and $7.50-9 in tax?
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

                          Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

                          Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

                          Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

                            This does exactly that. A $10 box of shotgun shells just became $35. A $50 box of handgun ammo just became $200.
                            Not enough. You think that will stop a shooter? It needs to be exponentially bigger or the effect is nil. No more half measures...
                            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                            -aparch

                            "Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                            -INCH

                            Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by French Rage View Post
                              Maybe we require anyone who wants to buy a gun to look at pictures of these kids for an hour.
                              Honk

                              Comment


                              • I’m sure the shooter was just traumatized from having to wear a mask the last two years

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X