Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

To be fair, Twitter will only show you the orbit you want it to show you. (Side note: Musk is apparently the last person on Earth to realize that Twitter has two modes: Home (which uses an algorithm to show you preferred Tweets), and Latest (which is where your timeline is only who you follow, not the algorithm, AND in chronological order). And he's also the last to realize that every ****ing Twitter user has it set to Latest because we don't want the algorithm bull**** either.)

So the only reason I saw the bull**** from Freedom Machine Lovers was because a political researcher I follow got dragged into it (Caroline Orr Bueno).

My Twitter would never have shown me otherwise.

Facebook is ****. I think it once again is forcing Breitbart ads and other right-wing crao only because my HS connections are of that mindset. LinkedIn is corporate safe Facebook and also has creeping RW content. Twitter can be tamed. TikTok is where I spend most of my days due to the damn accurate algorithm showing me only what I like (unless they tweak the system, then the algorithm goes off the rails for a day)
    Yeah if you don't use "Latest" on Twitter you are doing it wrong.
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
      But was the shooter there to clean up graffiti?
      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Laguna woods, multiple people shot in a church.

just another day in America

oh and multiple shot at Houston flea market
        Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 05-15-2022, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• Honestly I’m not sure Texas is worth saving

https://***********/chiproytx/status...UCUAwCwyCpI7aw

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            Laguna woods, multiple people shot in a church.

just another day in America

oh and multiple shot at Houston flea market
            Fox is blaming video games...what ****ing year is this?
            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Yeah if you don't use "Latest" on Twitter you are doing it wrong.
              The best way to use Twitter (aside from not using it at all) is to make a separate list of people you care about and then follow the list. No algorithm, no promoted tweets. The only major drawback is even if you mute a word or phrase it still shows up if someone in your list uses it, so I still get bombed with Wordle updates just after midnight.

Comment

• I don't have notifications on unless I'm mentioned or it's a dm or something. I scroll by all that Wordle bs.
                -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

So all the other countries just don’t play video games? That’s it

Comment

• I will keep twitter solely for reading NYT pitchbot tweets

https://***********/dougjballoon/sta...UCUAwCwyCpI7aw

Comment

Wait, wait, lemme make sure I got this...

FOX News has taken up Tipper Gore's stance?
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        I will keep twitter solely for reading NYT pitchbot tweets

https://***********/dougjballoon/sta...UCUAwCwyCpI7aw
                        I enjoyed this response.

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

The best way to use Twitter (aside from not using it at all) is to make a separate list of people you care about and then follow the list. No algorithm, no promoted tweets. The only major drawback is even if you mute a word or phrase it still shows up if someone in your list uses it, so I still get bombed with Wordle updates just after midnight.
                          The ****ty things about lists are you don't see replies. Only direct posts and retweets.

but otherwise that's like 95% of my browsing
                          Code:
                          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                          Originally posted by SanTropez
                          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                          Originally posted by Kepler
                          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

The ****ty things about lists are you don't see replies. Only direct posts and retweets.

but otherwise that's like 95% of my browsing
                            That's a bonus feature as far as I'm concerned

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post

That's a bonus feature as far as I'm concerned
                              Well, if I'm following someone, usually the good discussion is in the replies, not always in the original tweet. But I can see in many cases why someone would want to avoid the comments. I just try to cultivate lists worth reading the comments.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• And it's only May.

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/r.../mass-shooting
                                A bad cause requires many words.

Comment

Working...
                                X