Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

That was my first question. They fled.
    As you JUST posted, they are not brown.

Comment

• Not going to lie, I am slightly curious who is going to post their bail, if anyone would.
      Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
        Well I think Drew is asking how the parents can be considered responsible for him if he is deemed an adult by the charge. On the surface that is a bit confusing.
        Are they being charged as "parents" or accessories?

Also why more of you don't have that sfb drew on ignore is astounding.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post
          Not going to lie, I am slightly curious who is going to post their bail, if anyone would.
          SiegHeilMe, or whatever conservative fundraising platform the fash are using these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            Well I think Drew is asking how the parents can be considered responsible for him if he is deemed an adult by the charge. On the surface that is a bit confusing.

Of course all you have to know is that they bought him the gun underage and they ignored warnings to what he was up to which is why they are responsible. Basic levels of logic will get you there.

BTW in Minnesota anyone over 14 can be tried as an adult.
            Yeah, I think you kind of have to go one way or another. Either he is old/mature enough to be responsible or he isn’t.

I don’t love the idea of parents being held responsible for what their kids do. I’m not talking specifically about this case but in general I hope we don’t see more of that moving forward. It’s hard enough being a parent without being made to carry the can for what your kids do.

I hope one takeaway from this thing is adults listen to kids more. They obviously had a lot better idea what was going than the school’s administration.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Yeah, I think you kind of have to go one way or another. Either he is old/mature enough to be responsible or he isn’t.

I don’t love the idea of parents being held responsible for what their kids do. I’m not talking specifically about this case but in general I hope we don’t see more of that moving forward. It’s hard enough being a parent without being made to carry the can for what your kids do.

I hope one takeaway from this thing is adults listen to kids more. They obviously had a lot better idea what was going than the school’s administration.
              I don't know the intricacies of Michigan criminal law, so I could be mistaken. However, I don't believe it matters that the morons who supplied the kid with deadly weapons are his parents. At least, none of the elements of involuntary manslaughter require it.

FWIW, I think we should have strict liability for gun crimes. Someone commits a crime with a gun that you own? You're also going to jail as though you committed that crime. Be a more responsible gun owner.
              North Dakota
              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

I don't know the intricacies of Michigan criminal law, so I could be mistaken. However, I don't believe it matters that the morons who supplied the kid with deadly weapons are his parents. At least, none of the elements of involuntary manslaughter require it.

FWIW, I think we should have strict liability for gun crimes. Someone commits a crime with a gun that you own? You're also going to jail as though you committed that crime. Be a more responsible gun owner.
                I’d definitely be in favor of that if you give someone a gun. If someone takes a gun from you it’s more of a gray area.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

I’d definitely be in favor of that if you give someone a gun. If someone takes a gun from you it’s more of a gray area.
                  I think you could potentially have some, extremelylimited exceptions. If someone shoots you, you start bleeding out and become unconscious, and then they take your gun. Maybe. But someone breaks into your house and steals your gun. Nope. Be a more responsible gun owner.
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

I think you could potentially have some, extremelylimited exceptions. If someone shoots you, you start bleeding out and become unconscious, and then they take your gun. Maybe. But someone breaks into your house and steals your gun. Nope. Be a more responsible gun owner.
                    Exactly... Allow an exception for documented cases of a safe being ILLEGALLY opened (logic says that the person committing this act would be charged with theft), but that is about it.

If you aren't using a safe/LEGIT lock-box, you're fucked...
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

How do you feel about gun suppliers to drug gangs who go out and kill people?

Again, the idea of prosecuting a minor as an adult comes from your side. This is the policy your votes has gotten all over the country to make sure they are penalized. And none of that matters where the parents are not being responsible for their kids.

You keep trying to make some kind of excuse for the parents who gave the kid the gun. And then didn't secure it WHEN THEY KNEW HE WAS A THREAT. They are accessories to murder. They are lucky to be only charged with involuntary manslaughter.

I also think we should have strict gun storage laws, where if your gun is used in a crime in any way, you hold some responsibility. Which will make sure only the responsible owners are the ones armed. Unless that whole thing is just a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

If you aren't using a safe/LEGIT lock-box, you're fucked...
                        But I was told when the meth hoards come you won't have time to get yer gunz out of the safe.
                        Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

SiegHeilMe, or whatever conservative fundraising platform the fash are using these days.
                          Fantastic. When they post it and the flee again, the nazis are out 1 mill.

But for real, it is amazing that they even get a bail.

Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

OnlyKlans
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• So Drunk Nazi Judge Pirro said the Michigan Shooting is the fault of Liberal School People because they didn't know he had a gun and never asked if he had a gun. That is definitely one way to go...
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

It is the same premise as charging the drunk driver who crashed his car into another one and killed its occupants AND charging the bar owner who willingly and knowingly served a drunk even more drinks and then let him drive home from his bar. They are two different crimes, and although related, independent charges can and often are filed. It isn't really that hard to understand, is it?

Comment

Working...
                                X