Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    Lot of interesting info in this https://www.pressherald.com/2024/01/...pelled-it-out/

The cops and military completely bottled it. Also interesting that people were calling the shooter a pedo because someone else with the same name is on the registry.
    Man, it's so very awesome that you specifically voted to make sure the "gun rights" were expanded as much as possible so that it's possible for people like that to get a gun and shoot people, am I right?

Too late to pretend that you care.

Comment

• Anyone who doesn't realize that the one thing and the only thing that will help to lessen the numbers of mass shootings is going after the guns and making the guns exponentially harder to possess is an idiot. It means you don't believe in facts, you don't believe in empirical evidence, you don't believe in proven data and you don't believe in the one thing about these mass shootings that makes them rare in 99% of the rest of the world and a daily occurrence in this country.
      Man, why you gotta do Drew like that?
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Guy threatened to shoot up university of Minnesota today. Cops now have him, supposedly the guy behind All Time curbing and landscape Facebook page.

it’s a wild ride

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Guy threatened to shoot up university of Minnesota today. Cops now have him, supposedly the guy behind All Time curbing and landscape Facebook page.

it’s a wild ride
          195 lbs my ***

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
          iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
          gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
          Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
          Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
          TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
          DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

195 lbs my ***
            Mk ultra, nuke Fargo, mylasia airplane, crisper dna, Iran, windmills, stolen election. It’s like a mad libs of conspiracy theories

one post says he’s not on meth, I don’t believe him. Maybe he is one of the nd meth zombies

Comment

• I want to google All Time curbing and landscape, but I don't want to end up on any more government lists...
              Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• He was a Mayor too...who broke into the home of another Mayor if I read right! Also crashed his tractor into a church!
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Related to the topic because of past events…

My wife and I were at the Mall of America today to hit up a restaurant and do a little shopping. While eating, we saw an armed
                  security officer wearing full body armor, and carrying multiple weapons, including what looked like an M-4. His body armor read “SECURITY,” and nothing on him said he was an officer.

The mall seems to have a very apropos name these days. Never could I have imagined this to become a reality when the mall was built >30 years ago. Disgusting.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    Related to the topic because of past events…

My wife and I were at the Mall of America today to hit up a restaurant and do a little shopping. While eating, we saw an armed
                    security officer wearing full body armor, and carrying multiple weapons, including what looked like an M-4. His body armor read “SECURITY,” and nothing on him said he was an officer.

The mall seems to have a very apropos name these days. Never could I have imagined this to become a reality when the mall was built >30 years ago. Disgusting.
                    At least Drew gets to keep his precious guns that do nothing other than murder a lot of people quickly. Can't use them for hunting.

Comment

• Shooting inside Lakewood church today

the worst part is that Joel Osteen was not shot and appears to be ok. He’s busy counting money

Comment

• Probably get another private plane out of the deal...
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• 1 dead 15 injured at Chiefs parade

rookie numbers

Comment

1 dead 15 injured at Chiefs parade

rookie numbers
                            MAGAt shooter? It would figure.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

1 dead 15 injured at Chiefs parade

rookie numbers
                              Just got a note from our governor to remember that a year ago yesterday was the shooting at Michigan state.

why do we tolerate this? Reasonable gun owners have accepted reasonable limits on magazine sizes. Can we at least start somewhere ?

Comment

• Originally posted by MichVandal View Post
                                why do we tolerate this?
                                https://www.princeton.edu/~mgilens/idr.pdf

The most obvious source of influence over policy that distinguishes high income Americans is money and the willingness to donate to parties, candidates, and interest organizations. For example, a study of donations to congressional candidates in 1996 found that four-fifths of donors who gave $200 or more had incomes in the top 10% of all Americans (Green et al. 1998). Since not only the propensity to donate but the size of donations increases with income level, this figure understates--probably to a very large degree--the extent to which political donations come from the most affluent Americans. There has never been a democratic society in which citizens' influence over government policy was unrelated to their financial resources. In this sense, the difference between democracy and plutocracy is one of degree. But by this same token, a government that is democratic in form but is in practice only responsive to its most affluent citizens is a democracy in name only.

Most Americans think that public officials don't care much about the preferences of "people like me." Sadly, the results presented above suggest they may be right. Whether or not elected officials and other decision makers "care" about middle-class Americans, influence over actual policy outcomes appears to be reserved almost exclusively for those at the top of the income distribution.
                                Now shut up, work, and consume. It is our function in this system.

Or... we could change the system.

Last edited by Kepler; 02-14-2024, 04:53 PM.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X