Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ..the dumbass just went home?
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      ..the dumbass just went home?
      Either that or law enforcement is going to have a whole carton of eggs on its faces.

ETA: scrambled, over easy, fried, Benedict....
      Last edited by ticapnews; 10-26-2023, 06:50 PM.

Comment

• They must have been in the house today, where was he then and if so how did he get in there afterwards.
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• CNN.com says they cleared the house, so obviously not there
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• A few of the victims

https://www.wmtw.com/amp/article/vic...tings/45656677

Bob Violette was one of the victims killed at the Just-In-Time recreation center, according to ABC News.
            Violette started the practice league for children at the bowling alley, according to community members. They say he was killed protecting children who were at Just-in-Time Recreation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
              Reports on a whole host of mental health issues and if true….geez this guy shouldn’t have had any guns
              “Guns aren’t the problem, people are!”

”Why are we letting the problem own guns?”
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                Coworker's boyfriend is among the 18 confirmed deceased.

Words are gone
                I am so, so sorry.
                “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                  The helicopter just swooped low over the house and my dog jumped up in my lap for protection.
                  Stay safe.

Everyone from Maine on the board stay safe.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by ticapnews View Post
                    Breaking: the police are at his house in Bowdoin repeating over loudspeakers to come out and they know he's in there. Maybe this is finally over.
                    How embarrassing
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• The latest is that a maritime search plane just landed at the airport (former Naval Base) across the river in Brunswick. Fortunately my mother is asleep and didn't hear the plane fly over or she would have freaked. They will search the rivers and Merrymeeting and Casco Bays.

This lends credence to the idea that he took a boat or other craft from Lisbon Falls down the Androscoggin River to the Kennebec and possibly out to sea. It is unclear how he would have navigated the two dams between here and Lisbon, but it wouldn't be wise to underestimate him. Especially since he just made a laughingstock of the law enforcement community.

Meanwhile, local news is running on fumes. I just tuned in and they were discussing making cookies with your children and taking them to the police station tomorrow. WE'RE UNDER A SHELTER IN PLACE ORDER. Taking your kids to a police station right now seems like a terrible idea. But you do you, media...

Reminds me of The Onion story after 9/11 about the woman not knowing what to do so she made a cake decorated like an American Flag.

Last edited by ticapnews; 10-26-2023, 10:05 PM.

Comment

• The second dam is the one by the tin bridge and Sea Dog. ? I cant imagine getting a boat around that by yourself.
                        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

• Swansong, I am so sorry to hear about your co-worker's boyfriend. Just awful.

The BU women's hockey game vs Maine up in Orono tonight was postponed. No reason, but do you think it has to do with this? I thought Orono was pretty far from the Lewiston area. Might have been postponed for other reasons, though. Tomorrow's game is still on as of now.

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

How embarrassing
                            Supertroopers!

Comment

• Originally posted by walrus View Post
                              The second dam is the one by the tin bridge and Sea Dog. ? I cant imagine getting a boat around that by yourself.
                              Apparently he has a jet ski registered in his name. Lisbon would be navigable but the Brunswick dam would be impossible. He would have to either pull a Fonzie and jump it or carry it around the dam. Not impossible, but highly unlikely. There's also the matter of video. There are cameras at the dam and there's a bank on the Topsham side with security cameras and I'm certain there's a tourist cam atop Fort Andross. So if he did come that way they know about it. Whether they would make that information public is debatable.

The lockdown remains in effect. Schools, non-emergency town offices and most stores are closed. I am so glad I went Wednesday night and got a few groceries or we'd be going hungry right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                                Swansong, I am so sorry to hear about your co-worker's boyfriend. Just awful.

The BU women's hockey game vs Maine up in Orono tonight was postponed. No reason, but do you think it has to do with this? I thought Orono was pretty far from the Lewiston area. Might have been postponed for other reasons, though. Tomorrow's game is still on as of now.
                                It was. The school closed on Thursday but was reopened today. The entire athletics events calendar was postponed but according to the email I received everything is back on, just at a different time and/or date than originally scheduled. The department did warn that events could be postponed again if the situation warrants it.

Comment

Working...
                                X