Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

No one who has ever done any hunting thinks they would be calm. Training and all that stuff doesn’t help very much as far as preparing you to face a scenario like that.
    Yet you think that you having a gun would be helpful. You are delusional.

Comment

• FIFTY?!?

no, I'd put it closer to 10. Or less. And hunting doesn't include varmints, all inclusive game preserves, or big game dip****tery. I'm talking shoot something, field dress it, drag it out, have it processed, and eat it.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• It's difficult to find real answers but https://theconversation.com/fewer-am...n-sales-176220

Suggests that about 1 in 8 gun owners hunted in 2016. Now, that's only one year and doesn't indicate whether they've ever hunted. But anecdotally, of the half dozen or so gun owners I know well, none of them have hunted ever and none of them plan to.

Overwhelmingly, "protection" is the most cited reason for gun ownership.
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
          It's difficult to find real answers but https://theconversation.com/fewer-am...n-sales-176220

Suggests that about 1 in 8 gun owners hunted in 2016. Now, that's only one year and doesn't indicate whether they've ever hunted. But anecdotally, of the half dozen or so gun owners I know well, none of them have hunted ever and none of them plan to.

Your experience lines up with what I would expect. Among older and more rural gun owners the percentage is definitely higher than younger and more urban/suburban gun owners. My personal definition of a hunter is someone who has done some hunting. One in eight sounds right for active hunters.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
            They saw a black person once.
            Cornell University
            National Champion 1967, 1970
            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

No one who has ever done any hunting thinks they would be calm. Training and all that stuff doesn’t help very much as far as preparing you to face a scenario like that.
              I could go find the report from about 10(?) years ago, but I don’t much care to…with that, when NYPD had some big shootouts, a groups started tracking all recorded shots by the NYPD during police-involved shooting. The trained offices had an accuracy rate of just over 6%. So it took an average of more than 16 shots fired to have a single positive hit on their target. What will the average “gun hero” do in a gun fight?
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

So put the shoe on the other foot. Once the shooter gets shot at you think he is as focused on killing people or not getting shot himself? If someone is trying to kill me I’d much rather have a gun than nothing at all.
                Yes, yes. More rounds being wildly discharged with people nearby is certainly the better option. I think Breonna Taylor would agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post

Yes, yes. More rounds being wildly discharged with people nearby is certainly the better option. I think Breonna Taylor would agree.
                  Why respond to that braindead moron?

Once the shooter gets shot at you think he is as focused on killing people or not getting shot himself? If someone is trying to kill me I’d much rather have a gun than nothing at all.
                  So let's see if I have this right. If a shooter is getting shot at he'll stop if the people he's shooting at also have guns because they for some inexplicable reason won't also try to not get shot themselves but rather will return fire. I mean it's better to have a gun then not at all even if you're going to run.

What?

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

Why respond to that braindead moron?

So let's see if I have this right. If a shooter is getting shot at he'll stop if the people he's shooting at also have guns because they for some inexplicable reason won't also try to not get shot themselves but rather will return fire. I mean it's better to have a gun then not at all even if you're going to run.

What?
                    I’d ask you the same question, but we probably have the same answer.

Comment

• https://twitter.com/AP/status/1584564389335732224

School shooting in St. Louis...
                      "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                      -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                      -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                      -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• The facts in the shooting are basically a complete pimpslap of every Republican talking point...

The school had metal detectors, upwards of 7 armed guards and the doors were locked.
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                          The facts in the shooting are basically a complete pimpslap of every Republican talking point...

The school had metal detectors, upwards of 7 armed guards and the doors were locked.
                          Majority black urban charter school. Racist comments probably incoming very soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Majority black urban charter school. Racist comments probably incoming very soon.
                            Oh well that is a lock! At least they won't want to arm the teachers ;^)
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• A mass shooting ay an lgbtq nightclub in Colorado leaves five dead and 18 injured.
                              Last edited by dxmnkd316; 11-20-2022, 08:01 AM.
                              Code:
                              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                              Originally posted by SanTropez
                              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                              Originally posted by Kepler
                              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                                A mass shooting ay an lgbtq nightclub in Colorado leaves five dead and 18 injured.
                                Megachurch capital of the US. No surprise.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X