Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post

Unfortunately, I think you're only referring to 47% of the female half....
    Well, sort of. It's 47% of white women. The vast majority of black women will have problem with the optimism. Who the **** knows where the Hispanics and Asians are on the scale.

All we do know is 53% of white women have no problem with what is going on.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• One of the reasons I used to dismiss gun control was that suicides make up an incredibly high percentage of gun deaths in the US. A suicidal person will typically use whatever tool is at their disposal to get the job done*, right? So if we're being real about the scope of our problem, we should remove those from the total. Now, the remainder is still the highest in the civilized world, but much less terrible looking.

* then, I read about suicide. The effective lethality of the means plays a whole lot into it - https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/means-m...case-fatality/ - where using a gun makes you far more likely to complete the job by any other means. A, unbelievably high percentage of gun-related suicides include a gun purchased just before the suicide. I'm having trouble finding the statistics I read, but https://giffords.org/issues/gun-suicide/ and https://www.everytown.org/solutions/waiting-periods/ - these argue that since, in many cases, suicide is a irrational and immediate act, requiring a waiting period would cut down on a not-insignificant percentage of successful suicides. Perhaps the person tries another method, but according to statistics, they very likely won't succeed. Whereas with a gun, they have the aforementioned 85% success rate.

So yeah. Even suicides would be cut down substantially by eliminating the ability to buy guns. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3518361/

I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Perhaps if cons weren't so busy telling everyone they dropped cable, they'd know these stories run on every network.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

The female half of the country may struggle to match your optimism at the moment
          When a person has cancer we don't say the person is cancer.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

When a person has cancer we don't say the person is cancer.
            Wrong. See, Rush Limbaugh

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
              One of the reasons I used to dismiss gun control was that suicides make up an incredibly high percentage of gun deaths in the US. A suicidal person will typically use whatever tool is at their disposal to get the job done*, right? So if we're being real about the scope of our problem, we should remove those from the total. Now, the remainder is still the highest in the civilized world, but much less terrible looking.

* then, I read about suicide. The effective lethality of the means plays a whole lot into it - https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/means-m...case-fatality/ - where using a gun makes you far more likely to complete the job by any other means. A, unbelievably high percentage of gun-related suicides include a gun purchased just before the suicide. I'm having trouble finding the statistics I read, but https://giffords.org/issues/gun-suicide/ and https://www.everytown.org/solutions/waiting-periods/ - these argue that since, in many cases, suicide is a irrational and immediate act, requiring a waiting period would cut down on a not-insignificant percentage of successful suicides. Perhaps the person tries another method, but according to statistics, they very likely won't succeed. Whereas with a gun, they have the aforementioned 85% success rate.

So yeah. Even suicides would be cut down substantially by eliminating the ability to buy guns. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3518361/

We’d lead the (developed) world in gun deaths with suicides alone. But since most of them are middle-aged white men who vote Republican, maybe we shouldn’t care as much?

Comment

• In response to Uvalde, Texas is proposing clear backpacks at schools.

Anything except to deal with the actual cause, right?
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                    In response to Uvalde, Texas is proposing clear backpacks at schools.

Someone will cry when a girl has tampons or pads viewable through the bag

Comment

Or birth control at a MS/HS.
                      “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

Or birth control at a MS/HS.
                        And now you understand the real reason…
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
                          In response to Uvalde, Texas is proposing clear backpacks at schools.

Wait, the gunman carried his weapons into the school in a backpack? Who knew?

Well, let's just ban backpacks.
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Can't, there's a tampon shortage. Thanks Biden.
                            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Wait, the gunman carried his weapons into the school in a backpack? Who knew?

Well, let's just ban backpacks.
                              GOP is far ahead of you on this. DeVos is for getting rid of students all together. Can't have school shootings without any schools.
                              Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by rufus View Post

Can't, there's a tampon shortage. Thanks Biden.
                                Gals shouldn't need tampons anyway. They oughter be prangent.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X