Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

I'd say whatever was in the previous ban...do it again.
    "If you leave ignorance and stupidity alone, ignorance and stupidity will think it's ok."
    -Gallagher

R.I.P.
    Grandpa G. ~ Feb 11, 1918-Oct. 6, 1999
    Grandma ~ Jan 2004
    Dad ~ Nov. 4, 1958-April 21, 2008
    Grandpa S. ~ June 21, 1932-November 11, 2013

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      My family switched to that about a decade ago
      So your family is leading the new genre of hunting waterfowl and upland birds by bow? I'm interested to hear how they are progressing with that....
      It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

Originally posted by First Time, Long Time View Post
        I'd say whatever was in the previous ban...do it again.
        This is a good starting point....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
          So your family is leading the new genre of hunting waterfowl and upland birds by bow? I'm interested to hear how they are progressing with that....
          Yes, because waterfowl is the only thing one can hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
            Yes, because waterfowl is the only thing one can hunt.
            It's actually accounts for nearly as many hunting days in the US as deer so it has it's following. That's like saying that the Beatles and Marylin Manson are the same music because they are both technically "rock". There is quite a bit of difference in the hunting world that obviously you don't seem to have a working knowledge of.

Again, this is not a simple answer as many of you seem to think it is. Sure, your ideas won't effect you personally, but you won't have to go far to find friends and/or family that will be negatively affected by this. But your personal bubble won't be popped, so who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
              Fair enough. This is a strong hit on the hunting community however. Optics are sold separately and added after the fact. Also different situations could require different scopes on the same firearm. Also, you are getting rid of "combo" shotguns (traditional & slug barrels). And what about changing of a choke on a shotgun? These are all very common occurrences on hunting firearms.

This is what I'm talking about when people start throwing ideas out there and they take out the segment of gun owners that are probably the most careful and law abiding of the entire population. Yet Johnny the Peener Enhancer can still wave his .357 like the badass that he thinks he is...

If the manufacturers don't want to do it themselves, subcontract the visual customization. Either way, it must come from the manufacturer. Zero tolerance for performance enhancing procedures. As for the public, that's why I said no exceptions. Cut the options for mods, make it come from one main source, easier to control.
              In the end, some law-abiders will suffer. I'm of the belief "for the greater good" and there will be sacrifices to be made. That's the way it goes.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                It's actually accounts for nearly as many hunting days in the US as deer so it has it's following. That's like saying that the Beatles and Marylin Manson are the same music because they are both technically "rock". There is quite a bit of difference in the hunting world that obviously you don't seem to have a working knowledge of.

Again, this is not a simple answer as many of you seem to think it is. Sure, your ideas won't effect you personally, but you won't have to go far to find friends and/or family that will be negatively affected by this. But your personal bubble won't be popped, so who cares?
                *** are you going on about? I said my family switched to bow hunting years ago. You seem like you have a lot of rage.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rube View Post
                  Proposal to become law; some details I'm sure need to be ironed out, but here goes (and this is only part of what I desire in reform).

For Manufacturers:
                  As of June 1, 2019, whatever you are currently producing, you can continue to produce. However, any new designs/new guns in the works, all those plans must be scrapped.
                  You cannot enhance the weapons in production as far as performance. You can enhance safety features, however.
                  If you currently offer options for magazine size, the smallest one becomes the only option for purchase. (Model X can have a 9-, 15-, or 20-round mag, so 9-round stays, the rest go).
                  You can enhance weapons cosmetically (pearl handles, gold-plated, My Little Pony themed, etc), as long as the performance is not enhanced.

All of the above will be termed "Factory Standard." I chose a past date, so the manufacturers cannot change a bunch of stuff at the last minute to skirt the new regulations.

Now, for the gun owners/buyers:
                  ANY after-market modification is now illegal, cosmetic or otherwise. Whatever you bought from the manufacturer/shop/etc, that's how it's going to be, period. No exceptions (which eliminates all the what-ifs and what-abouts).
                  If you have a modified gun, which includes larger than Factory Standard magazines, you must revert your weapon back to Factory Standard specs.
                  If you cannot revert, weapon must be surrendered.***
                  Punishment (and I'm open for suggestions):
                  $1000/per weapon AND 100 hours of community service in a year's time.
                  $1000-$5000 AND 100 hours of community service in a year's time.

The reason for those punishments, is there's a better chance of getting the money, prisons are too crowded, so make them improve the community they live in.

***Now, about surrendering the weapon. Here's the chance for a buyback/exchange, etc. The manufacturers could score big points on this if they offer to take in the modified weapon, and replace it with the same/equivalent non-modified weapon. No one loses their guns, Factory Standard makes each model uniform in performance.

The above requires everyone to give a little, and they also get a little back. You now have limits on clip sizes, performance mods are gone, no "bigger better faster" gun will be produced (at least for the public; armed forces are obviously a different story).
                  Sorry but that has zero teeth and will do nothing to fix the underlying problem. There is no need for civilians to have the guns that are out there and you arent doing anything to prevent those from being made. Ten years ago your idea made sense, we are too far gone now. Compromise isnt the answer anymore radical change is needed cause otherwise nothing changes.

And sorry but no jail time is a friggin joke. These are lethal weapons. These clowns arent paying fines when their actions put the community at risk. If they knowingly break a gun law they go to jail the first time and it grows every time. If they commit a gun offense AFTER being caught once we are talking prison time.

These people cant be trusted to follow the rules, and the only reason things are so light for them is because they are white. I would rather these people be in jail than many of the minorities that are there for things way less dangerous than guns.

This is a public health issue now and America has proven they cant be trusted with guns anymore. Time to go hardlined until the people demonstrate they can handle the responsibility. Life, Liberty and Happiness >>>>>>>>>> 2A.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                    Here's my law.

Background checks are mandatory for all sales and transfers even if in family. If you get caught you get arrested. This is a Gross misdemeanor.
                    Your gun must be registered and licensed.
                    If your gun that is registered to you is used to murder anyone you will be arrested and prosecuted for murder.

All semi-automatic guns, pistols, whatever are now banned. The police department will buy them back from you. You have 6 months to turn them over. If you are caught with a semi-automatic anything you will be prosecuted. This is a FELONY. You will have a felony conviction on your record.

If you get caught with an unregistered gun that is also a FELONY. You will be prosecuted.

No exceptions.
                    This is MUCH better.

And I dont have much sympathy for the hunting community...but exceptions can be made with serverely dire consequences if they are found in violation. I am talking prison time and plenty of it. (plus lifetime ban from guns thereafter)
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post

I have friends that hunt...I will tell them what I am telling you. TOO BAD. Hunting is a privilege and sometimes you lose your privileges when the group cant handle the responsibility. The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

Maybe in a few years we can revisit it but I am sorry my concern for drunk redneck killing deer and pheasants died after the 4th mass shooting this year...
                      -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Sorry but that has zero teeth and will do nothing to fix the underlying problem. There is no need for civilians to have the guns that are out there and you arent doing anything to prevent those from being made. Ten years ago your idea made sense, we are too far gone now. Compromise isnt the answer anymore radical change is needed cause otherwise nothing changes.

And sorry but no jail time is a friggin joke. These are lethal weapons. These clowns arent paying fines when their actions put the community at risk. If they knowingly break a gun law they go to jail the first time and it grows every time. If they commit a gun offense AFTER being caught once we are talking prison time.

These people cant be trusted to follow the rules, and the only reason things are so light for them is because they are white. I would rather these people be in jail than many of the minorities that are there for things way less dangerous than guns.

This is a public health issue now and America has proven they cant be trusted with guns anymore. Time to go hardlined until the people demonstrate they can handle the responsibility. Life, Liberty and Happiness >>>>>>>>>> 2A.
                        The proposed penalties are simply for owning a weapon in violation of my proposed changes. Obviously if the weapon in violation is used, we are talking jail time, etc.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Also, read my response to Scooby's post. As I mentioned, the Modification Proposal is only PART of what I want in reform.

Comment

And I am still saying it isn't enough. It will do nothing to prevent any of this.
                            -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Door to door. Send in the ATF and FBI to confiscate the semiautos. Looking forward to all the suicides by cop.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                Door to door. Send in the ATF and FBI to confiscate the semiautos. Looking forward to all the suicides by cop.
                                Do this on LIVE PD

Also for everyone else who wants the guns collected, how do we plan on collecting the 10+ million Remington 870s that have been produced since the firearm's introduction in the 1950s? According to the criteria laid out here they need to be collected.

Comment

Working...
                                X