Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Mass Shooting: It's Those Darn Video Games!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

Never heard of it but will look into it if we go. For me Wrigley and Art Institute of Chicago would be the couple places I’d really like to visit out there.

Is Lambeau worth the drive if you’re in Chicago?
    Not really, unless you're willing to spend three to four hours (w/traffic) one way to drive up to Green Bay.that would be a trip for itself.

If you want to experience Chicago itself, its best to fly in, take the L train, and stay right down town in a loop or river north hotel. Easier to get around to the sights of Chicago. Yes, it's pricy, but if you have a list of things to see, it's best. Art Institute, Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium. Buckingham Fountain, the UFO that ruined Soldier Field, dinner at Gibsons or anywhere along the river, that stupid bean, Navy Pier, and Millenium Park are all within walking/cab/uber/bus distance. The L will only get you so far thanks to it's layout.

Wrigley, and the Lakeview neighborhood are good if you like young crowds and bars. And that's about a 20 minute L trip north of the Loop (not including waiting for the train). There are pockets of great places to eat throughout the city (near south side. North side, and northwest side).

Museum of Science and Industry is in the southeast part of the city in Hyde Park (Obama's home), and is an hour from the Loop via L and Bus (no L stops nearby). That one would be best as an Uber or drive yourself. Hyde Park is a pocket of the "north side" tucked in the south side of Chicago.

Anything you want to do outside of the city itself is at least an hour drive and youre best just staying in that area for that night. Concerts at the aforementioned Ravinia in Highland Park, Arboretum in Naperville, concerts at Tinley Park.

Rosemont would be the lone exception because it's availablity along the Blue Line as one of the first stops of the L from O'Hare to the city.

The other option is staying out in out suburbs and taking the Metra into Chicago.

Probably need to continue this in a different thread.

There's a lot going on in Chicago itself (including neighborhood fests), and so much in the suburbs, and the whole area is so large compared to out east, you have to sort of specify just where you're looking at going.
    Last edited by aparch; 07-04-2022, 03:59 PM.
    “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

Not really, unless you're willing to spend three to four hours (w/traffic) one way to drive up to Green Bay.that would be a trip for itself.

If you want to experience Chicago itself, its best to fly in, take the L train, and stay right down town in a loop or river north hotel. Easier to get around to the sights of Chicago. Yes, it's pricy, but if you have a list of things to see, it's best. Art Institute, Shedd Aquarium, Adler Planetarium. Buckingham Fountain, the UFO that ruined Soldier Field, dinner at Gibsons or anywhere along the river, that stupid bean, and Millenium Park are all within walking/cab/uber/bus distance. The L will only get you so far thanks to it's layout.

Wrigley, and the Lakeview neighborhood are good if you like young crowds and bars. And that's about a 20 minute L trip north of the Loop (not including waiting for the train). There are pockets of great places to eat throughout the city (near south side. North side, and northwest side).

Museum of Science and Industry is in the southeast part of the city in Hyde Park (Obama's home), and is an hour from the Loop via L and Bus (no L stops nearby). That one would be best as an Uber or drive yourself. Hyde Park is a pocket of the "north side" tucked in the south side of Chicago.

Anything you want to do outside of the city itself is at least an hour drive and youre best just staying in that area for that night. Concerts at the aforementioned Ravinia in Highland Park, Arboretum in Naperville, concerts at Tinley Park.

Rosemont would be the lone exception because it's availablity along the Blue Line as one of the first stops of the L from O'Hare to the city.

The other option is staying out in out suburbs and taking the Metra into Chicago.

Probably need to continue this in a different thread.
      My take on Wrigley as a Chicagoland resident for 35+ years: every tourist to Chicago should go to Wrigley one time and experience what it's like to walk concourses that have an antiseptic/vomit odor, eat bad food, drink lousy beer, and stand in line 3 innings to pee in a trough. Best part of a Wrigley experience: value for the money. While tickets are expensive, you're guaranteed to see the bottom of the 9th.

Yes, this belongs in a different thread, but I'm depressed and dunking on the Cubs always lightens my mood a bit -- and the Arboretum is in Lisle though Naperville does have a lot of action going on downtown. +1 on MSI, it's my fave.
      Go Sox!

Comment

• Wrigley sucks...yeah I said it. Ridiculously overrated.

Hey at least we know the shooter won't be killed by the cops...so I'm sure we will get a deep dive into how it's society's fault not his.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Based on the picture of the suspect this is likely another case of someone bullied hitting back at society.
          Originally posted by BobbyBrady
          Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• His name was Bobby Crimo?

HELLO, ISNT THAT A RED FLAG?
            Code:
            As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
            College Hockey 6       College Football 0
            BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
            Originally posted by SanTropez
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            Originally posted by bigblue_dl
            I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
            Originally posted by Kepler
            When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Apparently the kid attended trump rallies
              and shot up a Jewish neighborhood

https://twitter.com/theeunfluencer/s...XfL8i3wxzwziBw

edit: also unconfirmed but it sounds like his dad or grandfather may have run for mayor of the city as a Republican.
              Last edited by dxmnkd316; 07-04-2022, 07:14 PM.
              Code:
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Ok, I've seen enough. Unless there's a concerted effort to fake him in multiple photos with trump paraphernalia
                Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  His name was Bobby Crimo?

HELLO, ISNT THAT A RED FLAG?
                  I can’t imagine why women weren’t lining up to sleep with this incel

Comment

• I'm sure we'll be told that he was a defiant lone wolf acting on his own accord...

2+2 =/= 4 here guys...
                    It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                      Apparently the kid attended trump rallies
                      and shot up a Jewish neighborhood

https://twitter.com/theeunfluencer/s...XfL8i3wxzwziBw

edit: also unconfirmed but it sounds like his dad or grandfather may have run for mayor of the city as a Republican.
                      BAD, Waldo.

Comment

• I hate Illinois Nazis.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Captured alive in lake forest

Comment

• He looks like Post Malone's younger brother, Pre Malone.

(Stolen from elsewhere.)

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• He has an IMDB page
                              That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• So the cops didn't fear for their life despite him shooting up a parade? Sounds about White...
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X