The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Part Deux: Electric Boogaloo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
    In MI, they're flat out lying about the proposal, saying veterinarians can perform abortions, social workers can authorize abortions, and minors will be allowed to obtain puberty blockers without parental involvement or a doctor's approval.
    The language of Prop 3 even says that the legislature could pass some restrictions as long as they don't infringe upon guaranteed protections for the health of the mother, however it does not **** around with allowing politicians to define what "fetal viability" means (i.e. a fixed number of weeks some Christofascist without a medical degree deems appropriate in all cases).

(1) EVERY INDIVIDUAL HAS A FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT TO REPRODUCTIVE FREEDOM, WHICH ENTAILS THE RIGHT TO MAKE AND EFFECTUATE DECISIONS ABOUT ALL MATTERS RELATING TO PREGNANCY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO PRENATAL CARE, CHILDBIRTH, POSTPARTUM CARE, CONTRACEPTION, STERILIZATION, ABORTION CARE, MISCARRIAGE MANAGEMENT, AND INFERTILITY CARE.

AN INDIVIDUAL’S RIGHT TO REPRODUCTIVE FREEDOM SHALL NOT BE DENIED, BURDENED, NOR INFRINGED UPON UNLESS JUSTIFIED BY A COMPELLING STATE INTEREST ACHIEVED BY THE LEAST RESTRICTIVE MEANS.

NOTWITHSTANDING THE ABOVE, THE STATE MAY REGULATE THE PROVISION OF ABORTION CARE AFTER FETAL VIABILITY, PROVIDED THAT IN NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHALL THE STATE PROHIBIT AN ABORTION THAT, IN THE PROFESSIONAL JUDGMENT OF AN ATTENDING HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL, IS MEDICALLY INDICATED TO PROTECT THE LIFE OR PHYSICAL OR MENTAL HEALTH OF THE PREGNANT INDIVIDUAL.

(2) THE STATE SHALL NOT DISCRIMINATE IN THE PROTECTION OR ENFORCEMENT OF THIS FUNDAMENTAL RIGHT.

(3) THE STATE SHALL NOT PENALIZE, PROSECUTE, OR OTHERWISE TAKE ADVERSE ACTION AGAINST AN INDIVIDUAL BASED ON THEIR ACTUAL, POTENTIAL, PERCEIVED, OR ALLEGED PREGNANCY OUTCOMES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO MISCARRIAGE, STILLBIRTH, OR ABORTION. NOR SHALL THE STATE PENALIZE, PROSECUTE, OR OTHERWISE TAKE ADVERSE ACTION AGAINST SOMEONE FOR AIDING OR ASSISTING A PREGNANT INDIVIDUAL IN EXERCISING THEIR RIGHT TO REPRODUCTIVE FREEDOM WITH THEIR VOLUNTARY CONSENT.

(4) FOR THE PURPOSES OF THIS SECTION:

A STATE INTEREST IS “COMPELLING” ONLY IF IT IS FOR THE LIMITED PURPOSE OF PROTECTING THE HEALTH OF AN INDIVIDUAL SEEKING CARE, CONSISTENT WITH ACCEPTED CLINICAL STANDARDS OF PRACTICE AND EVIDENCE-BASED MEDICINE, AND DOES NOT INFRINGE ON THAT INDIVIDUAL’S AUTONOMOUS DECISION-MAKING. “FETAL VIABILITY” MEANS: THE POINT IN PREGNANCY WHEN, IN THE PROFESSIONAL JUDGMENT OF AN ATTENDING HEALTH CARE PROFESSIONAL AND BASED ON THE PARTICULAR FACTS OF THE CASE, THERE IS A SIGNIFICANT LIKELIHOOD OF THE FETUS’S SUSTAINED SURVIVAL OUTSIDE THE UTERUS WITHOUT THE APPLICATION OF EXTRAORDINARY MEDICAL MEASURES.

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post
      In MI, they're flat out lying about the proposal, saying veterinarians can perform abortions, social workers can authorize abortions, and minors will be allowed to obtain puberty blockers without parental involvement or a doctor's approval.
      Not just that. Some of the signs around me so 'vote no on 3. Protect women'
      I'm not in to vandalism...but I really want to spray paint "lies" on those signs
      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
      7 B1G
      7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
      6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
      5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
      5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
      2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
      2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

Not just that. Some of the signs around me so 'vote no on 3. Protect women'
        I'm not in to vandalism...but I really want to spray paint "lies" on those signs
        Use post it notes!

Comment

• They do make ultra sticky waterproof post-its
          Code:
          As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
          College Hockey 6       College Football 0
          BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
          Originally posted by SanTropez
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          Originally posted by bigblue_dl
          I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
          Originally posted by Kepler
          When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
            They do make ultra sticky waterproof post-its
            tempting. maybe I cover the word 'protect' and add 'will die' so it reads, what in my view is much more accurate, "vote no on 3, women will die"
            Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
            7 B1G
            7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
            6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
            5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
            5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
            2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
            2 Alaskan

Comment

• Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

tempting. maybe I cover the word 'protect' and add 'will die' so it reads, what in my view is much more accurate, "vote no on 3, women will die"
              That's still ambiguous. I would just put another bigger, better produced* poster next to it saying exactly what it is and what the Nazis are up to.

* I wish the Dems would learn the basic lesson of the visual display of information. One of the worst legacies of the dirty hippies is the DIY spare childish style of progressive messaging. They do it because they love it, but to everybody else -- the people who they are trying to get votes from -- it just looks gross, smelly, and unprofessional. Like them.

The worst alliance the Left ever made was with the hippies. The techies were right there, too. If I could go back in time I'd kill Jerry Garcia as a baby.

Last edited by Kepler; 10-26-2022, 09:01 AM.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Today in chuckle****s doing chuckle**** things:

There was a group of .... individuals... at the corner of 28th and Kalamazoo in Grand Rapids with pictures of dead babies. Because that'll convince someone to change their minds.
                Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                Patreon for exclusive writing content
                Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• The "No On Proposal 3" billboards and campaign signs are still up in parts of Grand Rapids and every time I drive past them, I can't help but go "HA HA!" at all of them.

I guess telling voters that they're stupid and illiterate didn't pan out, did it?
                  Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
                  "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
                  Patreon for exclusive writing content
                  Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• End the Right
                    Save the world
                    Cornell University
                    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Alliance Defending Freedom. :eye roll: Alliance Advocating Authoritarianism more like it.

Comment

• Alito a leaker? Shocking

https://***********/nytimes/status/1...fCJxz9jMkgHUEg

Comment

• The gas lighting is ****ing disgusting

https://***********/jessicavalenti/s..._nSb6I7hWyOjlg

Comment

• Lucifer don't play, yo.
                            Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                              Lucifer don't play, yo.
                              I've been buying from/supporting these guys for a little while now. At first I dismissed them as cosplaying idiots but they really started putting their money where their mouth was a few years ago and now they're one of the better - if possibly a bit sketchy - national civil rights groups.

I love this move. I love how they shine a big gigantic light on christofascist hypocrisy.

Also, Satan is pretty rad.
                              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

I've been buying from/supporting these guys for a little while now. At first I dismissed them as cosplaying idiots but they really started putting their money where their mouth was a few years ago and now they're one of the better - if possibly a bit sketchy - national civil rights groups.

I love this move. I love how they shine a big gigantic light on christofascist hypocrisy.

Also, Satan is pretty rad.
                                They are amazing.

At first they were like the Pasatafrians, just showing the idiocy and hypocrisy of "Christians" by playing the straight man. But they have become a non-ironic significant force for real good. They do far more good than modern Christianity in the world, and they provide what people need to combat the vituperative stupidity of Christianity in this country. I would really like for all of us "nons" to simply change our affiliation to Satanist. It is humane, humanist, and rational.

And it pwns the Death cult.
                                Cornell University

Comment

Working...
                                X