This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post

I keep coming back to this. There's another forum I read where there is a philosophy professor that keeps saying "the fascists' always lose". And he's right.

The Fascists Always Lose.
    Exactly.

Show me a Dumpy and I'll show you a loser.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

That's all well and good. But no matter how you shake it you can't shake the fact that Donald Trump was President of the United States and the Current Supreme Court of the United States of America has more in common with the Taliban than Jesus Christ. The man they claim to follow.
      Your defeatism is a gift to them. Stop whining and start thinking about what is effective. Your hand-wringing and whining isn't some rye, jaundiced, but clear-sighted statement of The Hard Truth. It's the coward's excuse to cower in the corner.

What the **** happened to the Left I used to know? Where's the spirit? Where's the guts? This could be the greatest night of our lives, but you're gonna let it be the worst.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• C'mon Kep, you know that Scooby is a "glass is totally ****ing empty" kind of guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          C'mon Kep, you know that Scooby is a "glass is totally ****ing empty" kind of guy.
          It's pretty easy for me to think this way when exactly what I have been predicting for the last 20 years has all come to fruition. Hope is eternal. Reality is a *****.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Scooby, have you stopped voting entirely? If not, your “defeatism” on a college hockey board is a gift to no one other than us on here experiencing the joy of reading it. The “historical flukes” known as the Electoral College and Senate are here to stay, and only getting worse in the long-run for Democrats. SCOTUS is set-up to protect restrictive ****ing bullsh-t except to arm more white Christians to kill anyone who isn’t white, male, Christian. That’s not defeatist, that’s reality. If he stopped voting, yeah, that’s a gift to Republicans. Scooby would vote for all of the same things you want, Kep. He’s not the problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by psych View Post
              Scooby, have you stopped voting entirely? If not, your “defeatism” on a college hockey board is a gift to no one other than us on here experiencing the joy of reading it. The “historical flukes” known as the Electoral College and Senate are here to stay, and only getting worse in the long-run for Democrats. SCOTUS is set-up to protect restrictive ****ing bullsh-t except to arm more white Christians to kill anyone who isn’t white, male, Christian. That’s not defeatist, that’s reality. If he stopped voting, yeah, that’s a gift to Republicans. Scooby would vote for all of the same things you want, Kep. He’s not the problem.
              I vote blue 100% and will volunteer for anyone's campaign that will have me as long as they are Democrat.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Stop saying the US sucks,
                To be fair, compared to the rest of the modern world the US does really suck.

Comment

• I believe that scooby will vote. He’s not the dem on here who said they may abstain or vote independent. That’s the harmful behavior

Comment

• Originally posted by cF[Authentic] View Post

To be fair, compared to the rest of the modern world the US does really suck.
                    Yeah, the rah rah American exceptionalism that blinds people to this fact is the biggest reason why the US sucks.

The US sucks, more people need to realize and embrace this fact so we can make it not suck.
                    U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                    Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                    I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                    But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                    Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                    Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                      Yeah, the rah rah American exceptionalism that blinds people to this fact is the biggest reason why the US sucks.

The US sucks, more people need to realize and embrace this fact so we can make it not suck.
                      It’s one of my biggest issues with this country. All the people who say we have it best tend to be the ones who have never lived in another country. Dogging single payer systems and saying health care is a privilege not a right, ignoring how so many other nations spend less money, have better outcomes and give their people paid time off for things like babies and vacation. People in those nations are overall happier than people living here, and yet people think this is some sort of Mecca. The Netherlands has a much lower abortion rate and guess what, healthcare and contraception are available!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

It’s one of my biggest issues with this country. All the people who say we have it best tend to be the ones who have never lived in another country. Dogging single payer systems and saying health care is a privilege not a right, ignoring how so many other nations spend less money, have better outcomes and give their people paid time off for things like babies and vacation. People in those nations are overall happier than people living here, and yet people think this is some sort of Mecca. The Netherlands has a much lower abortion rate and guess what, healthcare and contraception are available!
                        America is like a teenager that is rebelling against their parents. The kid (America) thinks they know everything and is oblivious to everything that isn't right in front of their face AND directly inconveniences them.

I love that America was born from rebellion. I love that we lead the charge in offering true freedom for individuals, something that a LOT of the world didn't have. Unfortunately education on this has become a Scarlett letter that 40% of country instantly dismisses... And **** the idea of bringing in a Theocracy.... In science we (should) trust!
                        It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• America is the land of "Me, Myself, and I". The Boomers are the worst of the lot, but there are plenty among the younger set who are just as selfish and obsessed with status symbols. Once you've got your stack, by whatever means necessary, **** everyone else.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Honestly, Kep’s attitude PO’s me more than anything because it’s just a whitewashed, inaccurate view of this country.

The US sucks because it’s always sucked. Even when this country was doing good things it was doing s-ty things.

The Constitution and The Bill of Rights! With a provision that counted slaves as 3/5ths of a person.

The New Deal! With redlining and Jim Crow laws.

Arsenal of Democracy! With segregated armed forces and internment camps.

Heck, the main reason why desegregation started wasn’t because people thought it was morally wrong, it was because it made us look bad in comparison to the communists.

**** this “E pluribus unum” and “In God We Trust” BS, our motto should be “America: Even when we’re doing something good, we’re doing something terrible.”
                            U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                            Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                            I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                            But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                            Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                            Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• You could also just say that the reason America is great is because it sucks. Even with as arrogant and racist as many of the founders were, many were smart enough to realize things can and do change and America is set up in a way where that is in fact possible. What makes America great is that it is striving to be perfect even though it is failing.

No place is truly great, every country is ****ed up and has their problems. Every time my gf brings up moving abroad because "America Sucks" I ask her where she wants to go that doesn't suck. (she has lived abroad before so I default to her) she spends 20 minutes thinking, sighs and then says nowhere. Because the truth is, we all ****ing suck we just suck in different ways.

And "American Exceptionalism" doesn't even rank amongst the most arrogant nationalistic beliefs. Ever been to Paris? They are like if American Arrogance and Southern Racism hate ****ed and had quintuplets. The British are so arrogant and up their own *** on things they not only had their own Trump but they allowed Brexit to happen. (and oh by the way can we talk about their racism) Asia? Good luck with that? South America...im sure that will be peaceful. America is the worst, except for everyone else. (and vice versa)

We all suck, the difference is America used to be about trying to stop sucking. Now the Right pretends we are in Camelot on every social issue and the Left pretends it is 1856. All progress is bad progress because it either goes too far or not far enough depending who you ask. America sucks because we stopped pushing forward.
                              Last edited by Handyman; 07-28-2022, 12:28 PM.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• America has its share of problems to be sure, but having lived and traveled to many other countries it's not alone by any stretch. The cons are ugly and they always are, but the pros are as good as anyplace else I've ever been.

Comment

Working...
                                X