This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by burd View Post
    It's not just the thought of living in a country led by someone like Donald Trump. It would be knowing that you are living in a place where about half of the people want to be led by him, even if you segregate yourself in a more liberal urban environment.

Friday, June 24, 2022

The 2022 midterm elections are now 137 days away, and Republicans have an eight-point lead in their bid to recapture control of Congress.
    The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that, if the elections for Congress were held today, 48% of Likely U.S. Voters would vote for the Republican candidate, while 40% would vote for the Democrat. Just three percent (3%) would vote for some other candidate, but another eight percent (8%) are not sure.
    The Republican lead has increased by three points since last week, when they led 46%-41%. The GOP has led the Generic Congressional Ballot all year.

-Rasmussen

...as always, comes down to turnout
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• If they're born, they'll either be dead in a school shooting at age 9 or kicked out of the house at age 14 for being gay.
      Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
      "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
      Patreon for exclusive writing content
      Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post

Friday, June 24, 2022

The 2022 midterm elections are now 137 days away, and Republicans have an eight-point lead in their bid to recapture control of Congress.
        The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey finds that, if the elections for Congress were held today, 48% of Likely U.S. Voters would vote for the Republican candidate, while 40% would vote for the Democrat. Just three percent (3%) would vote for some other candidate, but another eight percent (8%) are not sure.
        The Republican lead has increased by three points since last week, when they led 46%-41%. The GOP has led the Generic Congressional Ballot all year.

-Rasmussen

...as always, comes down to turnout
        Given that it's Rasmussen, you can knock 3-5 points off the GOP margin. So it's probably really 45-43 or even a dead heat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
          I have to just shake my head sometimes at the duality of some people.

Take my sister-in-law, who is obviously upset about this as any woman, posting about helping other women to get abortions if need be.

My sister-in-law who is starting her new job in marketing and sales at a right-wing talk radio station (their flagship program is the Ben Shapiro Show).
          Is that so odd? All of my friends who are posting on Facebook their outrage and fears...tomorrow they will be posting how excited they are to see the latest MCU film even though they all know Di$ney has been funding Right Wing politics since forever and does everything they can to kiss up to fascists here and abroad. How many people posting around here outraged at the mistreatment of women and the LGBTQ+ will be watching Raw and Smackdown in the foreseeable future despite what we all know about how Vince McMahon treats women? How many liberals are driving around in Teslas as we speak despite how badly they treat their employees and Elon Musk being a Fascist enabler? Do I even need to mention Amazon?

People care in the abstract...but they would never inconvenience themselves enough to actually do anything about it. (and no I am no ****ing better and my only solace is I accept my hypocrisy which still hurts my soul) As always, greed wins in the end and this country is ****ed because of it.

As for leaving, I can't as long as my parents are alive. With my sister being an estranged criminal there is no one to take care of them. Same with the girlfriend. If that wasn't the case I would be out of here tomorrow and never look back. Einstein and many of other physicists (mostly Jews but not all) left Germany and Europe as it became clear the Nazi's were the future. I am not as smart as them but I am smart enough to see that this is beyond repairing. Progressivism failed. The Left failed. Just like everywhere else the greed and laziness of Americans lead to them forgetting all their ideals in the hopes of power and control. Fear of change has blinded half this country to basic fundamentals of Democracy and the arrogance of the "my way or the highway" of both the Left and the Right has lead to a divide that cannot be repaired. (that is not me both sidsing, but the failure of the Left has always been the Purity Test...we allowed ourselves to become the caricature the Right used to pretend we were) "The Middle" has quit and no matter who wins this fall or in 2024 the public trust is lost. When faith in the basic tenants of elections and Democratic Institutions is gone, there is nothing that can bring them back short of a full on disaster. No election result will go uncontested, and the vitriol we all feel for each other will only grow. We turned politics into sports and now we all are soccer hooligans.

Its sad, I long for the days when we didn't wear our politics on our clothes. Maybe if we went back to not knowing who each other supported we could stand being in the same room with each other. I can't even enjoy a trip to the lakes because I know half the people in those towns voted Trump and would hate me if they knew where I was from or how I vote. (they hate Citidiots, but they love our money!) Although, to be fair, no one really was throwing politics in our face this time and funny we all got along just fine.
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

Given that it's Rasmussen, you can knock 3-5 points off the GOP margin. So it's probably really 45-43 or even a dead heat.
            Yep. I wonder what the numbers (even with them) in a month. That will be more telling.

(not that I trust polling much...thanks Nate Silver)
            "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
            -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
            -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
            -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• lolol Ivanka

https://twitter.com/thelsd/status/15...KX5oCIBsQppKTg

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                Deleted?
                Code:
                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                Originally posted by SanTropez
                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                Originally posted by Kepler
                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

Deleted?
                  I can still see the original one which is what I was referring to? The one that said ivanka is quiet today but all her friends who took her to get an abortion in high school are not quiet

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

I can still see the original one which is what I was referring to? The one that said ivanka is quiet today but all her friends who took her to get an abortion in high school are not quiet
                    -aparch

-INCH

-ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Is that so odd? All of my friends who are posting on Facebook their outrage and fears...tomorrow they will be posting how excited they are to see the latest MCU film even though they all know Di$ney has been funding Right Wing politics since forever and does everything they can to kiss up to fascists here and abroad. How many people posting around here outraged at the mistreatment of women and the LGBTQ+ will be watching Raw and Smackdown in the foreseeable future despite what we all know about how Vince McMahon treats women? How many liberals are driving around in Teslas as we speak despite how badly they treat their employees and Elon Musk being a Fascist enabler? Do I even need to mention Amazon?

People care in the abstract...but they would never inconvenience themselves enough to actually do anything about it. (and no I am no ****ing better and my only solace is I accept my hypocrisy which still hurts my soul) As always, greed wins in the end and this country is ****ed because of it.

As for leaving, I can't as long as my parents are alive. With my sister being an estranged criminal there is no one to take care of them. Same with the girlfriend. If that wasn't the case I would be out of here tomorrow and never look back. Einstein and many of other physicists (mostly Jews but not all) left Germany and Europe as it became clear the Nazi's were the future. I am not as smart as them but I am smart enough to see that this is beyond repairing. Progressivism failed. The Left failed. Just like everywhere else the greed and laziness of Americans lead to them forgetting all their ideals in the hopes of power and control. Fear of change has blinded half this country to basic fundamentals of Democracy and the arrogance of the "my way or the highway" of both the Left and the Right has lead to a divide that cannot be repaired. (that is not me both sidsing, but the failure of the Left has always been the Purity Test...we allowed ourselves to become the caricature the Right used to pretend we were) "The Middle" has quit and no matter who wins this fall or in 2024 the public trust is lost. When faith in the basic tenants of elections and Democratic Institutions is gone, there is nothing that can bring them back short of a full on disaster. No election result will go uncontested, and the vitriol we all feel for each other will only grow. We turned politics into sports and now we all are soccer hooligans.

Its sad, I long for the days when we didn't wear our politics on our clothes. Maybe if we went back to not knowing who each other supported we could stand being in the same room with each other. I can't even enjoy a trip to the lakes because I know half the people in those towns voted Trump and would hate me if they knew where I was from or how I vote. (they hate Citidiots, but they love our money!) Although, to be fair, no one really was throwing politics in our face this time and funny we all got along just fine.
                      I know you are still friends with republicans, but I cannot do it. People who want to marginalize others are pieces of ****; people who vote republican to lower taxes while shrugging off all the harm the party inflicts on others are also giant pieces of ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

Holy ****
                        Code:
                        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                        Originally posted by SanTropez
                        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                        Originally posted by Kepler
                        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• I wonder who the daddy was- her father or brother

Comment

• Biden says today he’s not supportive of eliminating filibuster or adding justices.

****ing pansy

Comment

• Greg Abbott, so pro life he only approves of 120 month abortion.

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTR1UktYM/
                              “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• It is going to be delicious the first time a republicans wife or daughter dies due to a miscarriage.

“we didn’t mean THIS”

Comment

Working...
                                X