Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would not be surprised if companies in the slave states start offering benefit packages including full travel, accommodation, post-care expenses for women getting abortions. The free states should start offering enticements to companies to relocate out of Gilead. Starve them.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post
      I would not be surprised if companies in the slave states start offering benefit packages including full travel, accommodation, post-care expenses for women getting abortions. The free states should start offering enticements to companies to relocate out of Gilead. Starve them.
      Some already are

Comment

• And I give none of them any credit for it because I will bet every penny I have they send money to every GOP congressperson, Senator and state politico. This is just another way for them to pretend to care like Pride Month.

Elon Musk is the perfect representation of the two faced nature of business. Di$ney and Apple are as well.

Until they full throated endorse the Dems and give all of their donations politically to them it is all just BS lip service meant to get headlines so they don't get cancelled like they should be. End of ****ing story.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

My wife and I have had semi-serious talks about this since Trump was elected. My wife's red line is if they ban birth control. Mine is if they follow through on banning books not just from schools but private retailers, ala the suit going on in Virginia. Both of which are far more likely than they have any right to be.

I've looked at what it would take to get licensed to practice law in Canada. It'd suck, but we could do it. Actually emigrating wouldn't be too hard provided we got jobs lined up ahead of time, because we're still relatively young enough that the point system still works for us. Entire process would take about 2 years, probably, depending on how long it took to find employment.
          My daughter practices US immigration law in Vancouver. Since they allow attorneys to practice in non-law-related firms, there are more options. She basically works in the immigration office of a large accounting firm (bringing in foreign talent). She loves Van and likes the work, but she's had a long-held goal of practicing environmental law (save the earth side), so just finished her LLM and will likely end up back in the states or abroad. If Dump or someone within his orbit wins in '24, I don't see her coming back, though.

That's one significant difference between law and medicine: jurisdictional limitations. Although you two practice in different areas, I assume it's mainly a matter of paying for and passing licensure tests? Maybe the fact that you are active on a hockey message board would help.
          Last edited by burd; 06-24-2022, 07:34 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
            And I give none of them any credit for it because I will bet every penny I have they send money to every GOP congressperson, Senator and state politico. This is just another way for them to pretend to care like Pride Month.

Elon Musk is the perfect representation of the two faced nature of business. Di$ney and Apple are as well.

Until they full throated endorse the Dems and give all of their donations politically to them it is all just BS lip service meant to get headlines so they don't get cancelled like they should be. End of ****ing story.
            You can guarantee they’ve worked out it’s cheaper to pay for a couple weeks of abortion leave than eight plus weeks of maternity leave too.
            Originally posted by BobbyBrady
            Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

My 88 yr old mother is pursuing UK citizenship (both her parents came over on the boat from Scotland). If she is a UK citizen then I can apply and if I am successful my kid can. She thinks the country is going to hell in a handbasket and wants us to be able to get out.

Both mr les and I have retired so emigrating would be difficult. I am all for it. mr les is not.

Anyone else horrified by a fat, old, white guy who bragged about molesting women, appointing 3 SCOTUS judges who all lied at their confirmation hearings, under oath, about Roe being established precedent and then changed the law to allow women's rights to not only be molested but obliterated?
              I think if we have to flea we would go UK. Canada would be nice but if US goes completely fascist I would assume they would just take Canada over. Canada has tons of natural resources and very little as far as defense goes(a squadron of f/a 18’s is about it.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Drew S. View Post

I think if we have to flea we would go UK. Canada would be nice but if US goes completely fascist I would assume they would just take Canada over. Canada has tons of natural resources and very little as far as defense goes(a squadron of f/a 18’s is about it.)
                No one wants your pathetic scum ***.esp not the UK, where I’ve lived and I know them . Stay here and fellate the guns you worship

you helped create this mess- live with it

and it’s “flee” you ****ing dumbass
                Last edited by Deutsche Gopher Fan; 06-24-2022, 07:44 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  And I give none of them any credit for it because I will bet every penny I have they send money to every GOP congressperson, Senator and state politico. This is just another way for them to pretend to care like Pride Month.

This.
                  U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                  Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                  I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                  But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                  Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                  Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                    No one wants your pathetic scum ***.esp not the UK, where I’ve lived and I know them . Stay here and fellate the guns you worship

you helped create this mess- live with it

and it’s “flee” you ****ing dumbass
                    What country wouldn’t want a handsome, charming, and intelligent young gentleman? I’ve spent time there and have plenty of friends from blighty and am sure I would get on just fine. My wife on the other hand isn’t as convinced she would like it.

I appreciate you being a bit nicer to me in this post than some of your previous posts today.

Comment

• It's not just the thought of living in a country led by someone like Donald Trump. It would be knowing that you are living in a place where about half of the people want to be led by him, even if you segregate yourself in a more liberal urban environment.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post

My daughter practices US immigration law in Vancouver. Since they allow attorneys to practice in non-law-related firms, there are more options. She basically works in the immigration office of a large accounting firm (bringing in foreign talent). She loves Van and likes the work, but she's had a long-held goal of practicing environmental law (save the earth side), so just finished her LLM and will likely end up back in the states or abroad. If Dump or someone within his orbit wins in '24, I don't see her coming back, though.

That's one significant difference between law and medicine: jurisdictional limitations. Although you two practice in different areas, I assume it's mainly a matter of paying for and passing licensure tests? Maybe the fact that you are active on a hockey message board would help.
                        Primarily testing, yeah. Possibly having to take a semester at a Canadian law school to bone up on the differences between US and Canadian law - ie parlimentary vs. constitutional law. Big question mark would be the required apprenticeship in Canada; I think it's officially called articling - in my cursory review the provincial licensing boards can waive it, but I have no idea how common that is. There are some immigration firms that specialize in helping cross-border attorneys, so I'd probably contact them to get the full scoop if we ever got truly serious about it.

Comment

• Women , control your intake of semen

https://twitter.com/bubbaprog/status...jMSJ-ZFYUmItzQ

Comment

• We tried to entice the kids to attend college in the UK, Australia, Thailand or Korea but they insisted on going home first. I miss Minnesota more than anything and my family as well, but we have a house outside Bangkok and another on the beach in Rayong and I'd be happy to never reside in the US again. But we are very likely going to return short term within the next year or so.

Comment

• I have to just shake my head sometimes at the duality of some people.

Take my sister-in-law, who is obviously upset about this as any woman, posting about helping other women to get abortions if need be.

My sister-in-law who is starting her new job in marketing and sales at a right-wing talk radio station (their flagship program is the Ben Shapiro Show).
                              U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                              Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                              I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                              But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                              Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                              Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post

My wife and I have had semi-serious talks about this since Trump was elected. My wife's red line is if they ban birth control. Mine is if they follow through on banning books not just from schools but private retailers, ala the suit going on in Virginia. Both of which are far more likely than they have any right to be.

I've looked at what it would take to get licensed to practice law in Canada. It'd suck, but we could do it. Actually emigrating wouldn't be too hard provided we got jobs lined up ahead of time, because we're still relatively young enough that the point system still works for us. Entire process would take about 2 years, probably, depending on how long it took to find employment.
                                Banning books would be a hard red line for me as well.
                                Code:
                                As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                                College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                                BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                                Originally posted by SanTropez
                                May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                                Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                                I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                                Originally posted by Kepler
                                When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                                He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Working...
                                X