The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Part Deux: Electric Boogaloo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    I posted this in 2016 when the previous 'President' was elected. I was being 'over the top' and childish (someone who used to post on Board). Never forgot that post and his response. It was so incredible to me that anyone could be that clueless and ignorant as to feel there was going to be no change and if there was it wasn't bothersome.
    Patman? He's always been a sh*tbird about politics. I remember he posted a bunch of comments along the lines of, "I had to put up with 8 years of Obama, I think you can all deal with 4 of Trump."

Comment

• So, a few things.
      1. mea culpa. I've said for years that this would never be overturned and, as DGF notes, have told others they were overreacting that this might happen. I was wrong. Wildly, horrifyingly wrong.
      2. **** religion.
      3. I'm gutted by this. I know we knew this was coming once that draft was leaked, yet somehow it still took my breath away this morning.

I don't know what to do now. I don't have any new ideas to offer. I'm sorry for lack of content here.
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        A big hearty **** you to the men here that said the court would never touch this and we were all being hysterical.
        Not that I support this horrible, backwards decision, but I was one of that chorus (up until very recently) that would have told you that you were being hysterical.

Please, for whatever nothingness it's worth, accept my apologies.
        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Eh you came around a while ago. Others have not

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post

Patman? He's always been a sh*tbird about politics. I remember he posted a bunch of comments along the lines of, "I had to put up with 8 years of Obama, I think you can all deal with 4 of Trump."
            No, it was a nice older white guy from the midwest

Comment

• Hey DGF if it makes you feel any better I was called hysterical for 2 reasons that were totally proven right. Abortion and the Insurrection. Trump has made even my cynicism look happy go lucky. I hate being right but no one ever went broke betting against the evil that is the Right Wing.

This country is ****ed.
              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• The author of the Roe decision grew up in the Twin Cities and used science as one basis for his decision. He's got to be rolling over about now.

Next up on the "you're being hysterical" list is that line of cases such as Griswold based upon the right of privacy. I wonder how many of this gang of 6 have The Tempting of America at their bedside?
                Last edited by burd; 06-24-2022, 03:33 PM.

Comment

• Oldest daughter is scheduled for her induction ceremony for Canadian citizenship. She's pretty excited, for reasons like this.

Comment

• Originally posted by burd View Post
                    Oldest daughter is scheduled for her induction ceremony for Canadian citizenship. She's pretty excited, for reasons like this.
                    A few weeks ago, my wife asked me if there was another country I’d like to live, because of all the recent mass shootings, and I said Canada. She actually started reading up on some stuff before deciding that we couldn’t leave behind our families.
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                      A few weeks ago, my wife asked me if there was another country I’d like to live, because of all the recent mass shootings, and I said Canada. She actually started reading up on some stuff before deciding that we couldn’t leave behind our families.
                      My wife and I have had semi-serious talks about this since Trump was elected. My wife's red line is if they ban birth control. Mine is if they follow through on banning books not just from schools but private retailers, ala the suit going on in Virginia. Both of which are far more likely than they have any right to be.

I've looked at what it would take to get licensed to practice law in Canada. It'd suck, but we could do it. Actually emigrating wouldn't be too hard provided we got jobs lined up ahead of time, because we're still relatively young enough that the point system still works for us. Entire process would take about 2 years, probably, depending on how long it took to find employment.
                      Last edited by unofan; 06-24-2022, 04:06 PM.

Comment

• I’ve honestly wondered if the UK was desperate enough for soccer referees that I could get a work permit.
                        U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                        Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                        I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                        But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                        Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                        Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Rejoice! The beauty of states rights.

sexual abuse victim gotta bear it. Life in prison for getting abortion now in bama.
                          There will be a separate clinic set up to abort babies of the football team by July
                          https://***********/petermaer/status...rqSisSCHQL9TxA

Comment

• This isn’t really making the point he thinks it is

https://***********/tulsaworld/statu...rqSisSCHQL9TxA

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                              So, a few things.
                              1. mea culpa. I've said for years that this would never be overturned and, as DGF notes, have told others they were overreacting that this might happen. I was wrong. Wildly, horrifyingly wrong.
                              2. **** religion.
                              3. I'm gutted by this. I know we knew this was coming once that draft was leaked, yet somehow it still took my breath away this morning.

I don't know what to do now. I don't have any new ideas to offer. I'm sorry for lack of content here.
                              Start by never voting for a Republican again.

Comment

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                                My 88 yr old mother is pursuing UK citizenship (both her parents came over on the boat from Scotland). If she is a UK citizen then I can apply and if I am successful my kid can. She thinks the country is going to hell in a handbasket and wants us to be able to get out.

Both mr les and I have retired so emigrating would be difficult. I am all for it. mr les is not.

Anyone else horrified by a fat, old, white guy who bragged about molesting women, appointing 3 SCOTUS judges who all lied at their confirmation hearings, under oath, about Roe being established precedent and then changed the law to allow women's rights to not only be molested but obliterated?

Comment

Working...
                                X