No announcement yet.

The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Part Deux: Electric Boogaloo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas and republicans will be thrilled the baby may suffer for a few very painful moments after birth. After all, it’s for Jesus.

she’ll probably be infertile after

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
      Texas and republicans will be thrilled the baby may suffer for a few very painful moments after birth. After all, it’s for Jesus.

she’ll probably be infertile after
      If she can't have kids then she won't raise a kid to hate the GOP in 20 years. Win/win for the fascists.
      Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• The cruelty is the point.
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Honestly maybe 20 or more of these cases with women dying would be helpful.

gerrymandering alone cannot explain Texas.

Comment

• Don't know if anyone else say the interview with Mitt Romney on Meet the Press yesterday but he is a-ok with how Texas treats it's pregnant women. No problems at all with it.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
              Don't know if anyone else say the interview with Mitt Romney on Meet the Press yesterday but he is a-ok with how Texas treats it's pregnant women. No problems at all with it.
              I’m confused, a Mormon man is willing to treat women as nothing more than chattel? My mind is blown.
              "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

• I keep coming back to this justification I first heard years ago, and still hear it at various times, to defend the "no abortion even if the life of the mother is at risk". It was ridiculous then as it is now, but I've been hearing it pop up again, and so many people just nod along in agreement without giving even a seconds' thought to how stupid and trite it is.

The argument:
                If your house is on fire and someone is trapped inside, beyond the ability to escape. Do you shoot them? No. You pray for a miracle.

"Pray for a miracle" sounds lovely, doesn't it? I mean, sure. It sounds lovely to idiots, of which we have many. But beyond that bit of silly nonsense, this misses the point stupendously.

I think that could be another GQP credo: "missing the point, stupendously".
                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Kate cox has left Texas to seek an abortion.

Guessing lawsuits already being filed

Comment

Kate cox has left Texas to seek an abortion.

I bet there are at least a hundred lawyers willing to represent them pro bono by now.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Kate cox has left Texas to seek an abortion.

Why would you go back to Nazi Germany after you left?
                      Cornell University
                      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• I hope she was across the state line when that statement was released, otherwise, she'll probably get hunted down by the Texas Rangers or some other absurd ****.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                          I hope she was across the state line when that statement was released, otherwise, she'll probably get hunted down by the Texas Rangers or some other absurd ****.
                          This ad should run 24/7 until every Republican has lost every elected office.

We have endured these fascist f-cks for forty years. No more.

Last edited by Kepler; 12-11-2023, 06:50 PM.
                          Cornell University

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                            I keep coming back to this justification I first heard years ago, and still hear it at various times, to defend the "no abortion even if the life of the mother is at risk". It was ridiculous then as it is now, but I've been hearing it pop up again, and so many people just nod along in agreement without giving even a seconds' thought to how stupid and trite it is.

The argument:
                            If your house is on fire and someone is trapped inside, beyond the ability to escape. Do you shoot them? No. You pray for a miracle.

"Pray for a miracle" sounds lovely, doesn't it? I mean, sure. It sounds lovely to idiots, of which we have many. But beyond that bit of silly nonsense, this misses the point stupendously.

I think that could be another GQP credo: "missing the point, stupendously".
                            This is a false dilemma. The current situation is the house is on fire, someone is trapped inside. You are outside but they want you to climb inside and burn too.

This whole thing is surreal. We have a non-medical scumbag claiming the women should sue the Dr instead of the State. The same heinous waste of oxygen says he will sue any Dr for doing what is medically indicated and a court OKd. Non-medical, unqualified people, who have not taken the oath of do no harm, are making decisions that are harming women. My head cannot wrap itself around how they are getting away with preventing standard medical care. If you didn't offer this in a State that allowed standard medical care you would be sued for negligence.

Comment

• Texas Supreme Court rules against her but she’s apparently already gone

I have zero doubt they’d send troopers to try and find her. If you think I’m being hysterical you can DIAF

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
                                This is a false dilemma. The current situation is the house is on fire, someone is trapped inside. You are outside but they want you to climb inside and burn too.

This whole thing is surreal. We have a non-medical scumbag claiming the women should sue the Dr instead of the State. The same heinous waste of oxygen says he will sue any Dr for doing what is medically indicated and a court OKd. Non-medical, unqualified people, who have not taken the oath of do no harm, are making decisions that are harming women. My head cannot wrap itself around how they are getting away with preventing standard medical care. If you didn't offer this in a State that allowed standard medical care you would be sued for negligence.
                                Of course it is a false dilemma. It's a preposterous argument if you give it even a little bit of scrutiny. But it sounds reasonable, and that's all that matters.
                                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

Working...
                                X