Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just for the record, I missed the point that the doctor refused to prescribe the medicine just because she was child-bearing age. The second she was given the warnings and said, "duly noted," she should have been written the script as if it were a dude walking in there.

that's informed consent. If the doc didn't prescribe, that's beyond informed consent and it's now well into not-so-good territory where doctors are prescribing morality.

That said, it seems like we're all in agreement the doctor shouldn't be prescribing something that doesn't work. Which doesn't appear to be the case here. It seems like it was withheld for other reasons.

hopefully I've got the story straight now
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
      Just for the record, I missed the point that the doctor refused to prescribe the medicine just because she was child-bearing age. The second she was given the warnings and said, "duly noted," she should have been written the script as if it were a dude walking in there.

that's informed consent. If the doc didn't prescribe, that's beyond informed consent and it's now well into not-so-good territory where doctors are prescribing morality.

That said, it seems like we're all in agreement the doctor shouldn't be prescribing something that doesn't work. Which doesn't appear to be the case here. It seems like it was withheld for other reasons.

hopefully I've got the story straight now
      That’s how I read it….the first time. :P

Total agreement that doctors shouldn’t prescribe treatments that are factually ineffective or are medically unnecessary. Those are exactly the things that we send doctors to med school for 8 years to become experts on.

But when a doctor denies an effective treatment for a real condition on the basis of his personal value judgments, I get a little hot under the collar. Sorry about that….
      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Abortions up 40% in Minnesota

gee I wonder why

https://minnesotareformer.com/briefs...0-since-dobbs/

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
          Abortions up 40% in Minnesota

gee I wonder why

https://minnesotareformer.com/briefs...0-since-dobbs/
          Cause the idiots to the West and East can't be bothered providing health care to their citizens?
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

Cause the idiots to the West and East can't be bothered providing health care to their citizens?
            Ding ding ding

Comment

• https://apnews.com/article/election-...a0a535b2e9dd1a

Ohio Republicans using official state Senate websites to spread lies.
              Let's Go Broncos!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bronco View Post
                https://apnews.com/article/election-...a0a535b2e9dd1a

Ohio Republicans using official state Senate websites to spread lies.
                I guess Ohioans didn't believe the lies.

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post

I guess Ohioans didn't believe the lies.
                  48% of them did.
                  Cornell University
                  National Champion 1967, 1970
                  ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                  Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• 48% would put their dick through a wood chipper if a republican told them it was in the Bible.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

48% of them did.
                      43%

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        48% would put their dick through a wood chipper if a republican told them it was in the Bible.
                        Knowing how freaky the Bible is, there's a good chance it is.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                        iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                        gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                        Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                        Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                        TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                        DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post

Knowing how freaky the Bible is, there's a good chance it is.
                          I mean, technically we aren't even supposed to go to the bathroom....
                          It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Ohio republicans are now saying it’s their god given right to still restrict abortions.

get your fake god out of my body. I don’t care that you need a ****ing fake sky daddy to get you through your pathetic, waste of a life. But don’t rope anyone else into your ****ed up beliefs

Comment

• There is some big time "cope and seethe" going on in the Ohio GOP.

They are proposing legislation to strip the state judiciary of its ability to review cases pertaining to the new law. One branch retroactively limiting the powers of another branch seems like something that should be quite illegal short of a constitutional amendment. But as we've seen with the NC and WI governors getting capped by their fascist legislatures during lame duck sessions, it's probably not.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                                There is some big time "cope and seethe" going on in the Ohio GOP.

They are proposing legislation to strip the state judiciary of its ability to review cases pertaining to the new law. One branch retroactively limiting the powers of another branch seems like something that should be quite illegal short of a constitutional amendment. But as we've seen with the NC and WI governors getting capped by their fascist legislatures during lame duck sessions, it's probably not.
                                Is this something SCOTUS* could review under Article IV, Section 4? Does a "republican form of government" imply checks and balances between branches of state government?

*If SCOTUS were not just a wing of the GQP?

Last edited by Kepler; 11-11-2023, 09:58 AM.
                                Cornell University
                                National Champion 1967, 1970
                                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Working...
                                X