X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

They have not before.
    I read that a large group of previously registered GOP female voters in FL are now actively campaigning against Meatball and have flipped to the Dems.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

It never ceases to amaze. We need a Tsunami at the ballot box for people to really wake up and it just refuses to happen. Minnesota and Michigan kind of got there and we see the results. We'll see if it gets any sustain and spread to the rest of the country.
      If the electoral system was responsive to actual voter preference on policy this would be a bigger wave than 1932. But the fix is in. The EC and Senate are tilted towards rural ignoramuses. The House seats are all fixed and safe. Most importantly, Republican voters are within such a bubble of epistemic closure they will never connect their problems with the reactionary interests who cause them.

There is no way to effect a sea change and realign our politics to the real values and interests of voters. We need a significant reform to further democratize the United States and break the chokehold of the wealthy.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• If that was the case the Midterms would have gone differently. If everything is rigged, why do the people rigging it keep losing? Because the majority of voters don't fall into the loud bubbles on each side.

No wonder you defend Nate Silver so much. He is as defeatist and out of touch with the average voter as you are. At least you don't have terrible COVID takes that you double down on so you got him beat there.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• The fix to the house and the EC is to expand the house by 2 or 3x. It hasn't expanded in over 100 years even as population has exploded.

The Senate is what it is, unfortunately.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
            The fix to the house and the EC is to expand the house by 2 or 3x. It hasn't expanded in over 100 years even as population has exploded.

Same with the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court is undersized. Even the Senate. We now refuse to add States even though we had been doing it all along. DC and Puerto Rico are long overdue.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
              The fix to the house and the EC is to expand the house by 2 or 3x. It hasn't expanded in over 100 years even as population has exploded.

Add more states. Puerto Rico, DC for starters. I don't know how we combine the 8 states in the empty middle of the country but that should be done somehow.
              Cornell University
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Add more states. Puerto Rico, DC for starters. I don't know how we combine the 8 states in the empty middle of the country but that should be done somehow.
                Has to pass through Congress and all states involved would have to agree and approve it.
                U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
                Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
                I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
                But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
                Originally posted by Doyle Woody
                Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                  We now refuse to add States even though we had been doing it all along. DC and Puerto Rico are long overdue.
                  Too brown

Comment

• “No middle ground,” Tommy Tuberville told me, saying he would continue holding up DOD nominees (more than 250 and counting) until the Pentagon scraps its abortion policy and the Senate holds a vote on it. (Such a vote would fail to get 60 votes.)
                    https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1679327511967150080

Eventually our military is going to have to start outsourcing cause no one in their right mind is going to join.
                    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

I read that a large group of previously registered GOP female voters in FL are now actively campaigning against Meatball and have flipped to the Dems.
                      Yea the old hags who wanted to punish you get people on alimony changes but gasp not themselves!

bishes will still vote R

Comment

• Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
                        Has to pass through Congress and all states involved would have to agree and approve it.
                        You need 3/4s of Congress right? I guess it is fair to say we will never get that. Just too many racist states.
                        Cornell University

Comment

You need 3/4s of Congress right? I guess it is fair to say we will never get that. Just too many racist states.
                          1. The inhabitants of the proposed new state are imbued with and are sympathetic toward the principles of democracy as exemplified in the American Constitution.

2. A majority of the electorate wish for statehood.

3. The proposed new state has sufficient population and resources to support state government and carry its share of the cost of Federal Government.[8]

Simple majority to pass through Congress, with the usual cloture requirement in the Senate. So, 60 Senators. Still unlikely though not impossible.
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Combining states won't add more states. But, we could split California into about five states. A couple of Connecticut sized states around LA and the Bay area, and three more for the rest of the territory.
                            That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Combining states won't add more states. But, we could split California into about five states. A couple of Connecticut sized states around LA and the Bay area, and three more for the rest of the territory.
                              Yeah yeah, we know what your game is in splitting up CA. We do that, you gotta let in DC and combine some of those plains states that would still result in one of the smallest states population-wise.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

• Tom cotton calls the military providing abortions “abortion tourism.”

Comment

Working...
                                X