Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Part Deux: Electric Boogaloo

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by unofan View Post

    I mean, they aren't taking that long, really. It'll have been all of a week since the request for a stay was filed, and 3 days since the last amicus brief was filed.

    What the extra two days tells me is there will be a dissent written whichever way it's going. The question is whether the majority decides to explain its reasoning at all.
    I would assume there will be fragments everywhere, with some justices arguing lack of standing, some arguing the decision is idiotic, and then a plurality bringing the Atavistic Catholic Misogyny.

    My advice is to ignore it. Justice Roberts has made his ruling, now let him enforce it. We are not bound by a Nazi Court.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Kepler View Post

      I would assume there will be fragments everywhere, with some justices arguing lack of standing, some arguing the decision is idiotic, and then a plurality bringing the Atavistic Catholic Misogyny.

      My advice is to ignore it. Justice Roberts has made his ruling, now let him enforce it. We are not bound by a Nazi Court.
      Roberts didn't vote to overturn Roe. Just sayin'.

      And this is just regarding the application for a stay while the full appeal is pending, so in theory none of what you said matters at this point. But since likelihood of success on the merits is a factor in deciding whether to grant a stay, that's where the bloviating will come in.

      Comment


      • Best retort I've seen now to the "Its God's will for the pregnancy to happen," is:

        "If the pregnancy is God's will, he can have full custody."
        “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

        Live Radio from 100.3

        Comment


          • The Supreme Court maintained access to the abortion drug mifepristone on Friday.
          • Justices Clarence Thomas and Samuel Alito publicly dissented
          A bad cause requires many words.

          Comment


          • Abortion Pill is still available. Scathing dissent by Alito who said he was done with Abortion after Dobbs cause "the states were going to decide". Well his dissent in this case is completely opposite of Dobbs.
            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

            Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
              • The Supreme Court maintained access to the abortion drug mifepristone on Friday.
              • Justices Clarence Thomas and Samuel Alito publicly dissented
              I hope they get hit by a bus.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

              Comment


              • The SCotUS just batted the ball across the net. So they better be ready when it comes back hot in a few months...
                It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

                Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

                Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

                Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

                Comment


                • Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                  The SCotUS just batted the ball across the net. So they better be ready when it comes back hot in a few months...
                  Yeah, that's what happens when a preliminary motion crosses their plate. Hence the word preliminary.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

                    I hope they get hit by a bus.
                    Wasn't surprised by those 2 nitwits but 'mother superior' siding with the majority was kind of a whoa moment. We'll see what happens, as mentioned previously before I posted this, when the 5th Circus(I forget who used that term here; it's a hoot)let's judge wingnut's original decision stand.
                    A bad cause requires many words.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by SonofSouthie View Post
                      Wasn't surprised by those 2 nitwits but 'mother superior' siding with the majority was kind of a whoa moment. We'll see what happens, as mentioned previously before I posted this, when the 5th Circus(I forget who used that term here; it's a hoot)let's judge wingnut's original decision stand.
                      I think because even the most Stepford and Drunk of judges knows standing is a foundational bedrock.
                      Code:
                      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                      Originally posted by SanTropez
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                      Originally posted by Kepler
                      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

                        I think because even the most Stepford and Drunk of judges knows standing is a foundational bedrock.
                        Correct. Whereas everyone knows that Thomas and Alito are just partisan hacks who spin things out of thin air to suit their masters.

                        Comment


                        • I hear this over and over and over again. More than I hear from the Democrats. This is what they're going with and it's a complete ****ing lie.

                          Senate Democrats are wildly out-of-step with the American people when it comes to the issue of abortion. Democrats want abortion on-demand up until the moment of birth – it’s horrifying.
                          https://twitter.com/SenTedCruz/statu...71050632609809
                          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

                          Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

                          Comment


                          • Wait, are you saying a Republican is lying?
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

                            Comment


                            • I mean we do want abortion on demand up until birth. For the same reasons physicians do. When the fetus dies, or becomes unviable, and mommy is gonna go septic.

                              real fringe things

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                I hear this over and over and over again. More than I hear from the Democrats. This is what they're going with and it's a complete ****ing lie.

                                https://twitter.com/SenTedCruz/statu...71050632609809
                                It's the Republicans who are out of touch with a majority of Americans except Talibangelicals and fascists. Trump poured lots of gasoline on the fire, but Dobbs will be the real demise of the GQP. After getting their judges and overturning Roe, they have literally nothing else to run on except guns (polls show most Americans, especially women/mothers, want reforms) and tired fringe conspiracies about the Deep State, NWO, Jews, Globalism, etc. that appeal to my Crazy Chicken Lady neighbor, but don't register with most of the American electorate.

                                They ****ed around, they're finding out, and they know it. They're scared and grasping at the most extreme positions and tactics possible to hang onto what's left, including comical gerrymandering in Texas and blatant vote suppression tactics in red states across the country. Most Americans born during or before 2006 will be able to vote in 2024, and the GQP's numbers with Gen Z are horrible. I fully expect them to invent any means they can to prevent Zoomers from voting.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X