The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Part Deux: Electric Boogaloo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by French Rage View Post
    By that reasoning, isn't my entire digestive tract another person that runs from my mouth to my butthole? (Sorry, I know by saying "mouth to butthole" I've summoned Jeb's mom.)
    I love the fact that evo-devo considers humans to just be digestive tracts that threw a bunch of after-market gimmicks on to improve the hunt for food (legs, hands, cerebral cortex) and to reproduce. Really puts us in our correct biological context.
    Cornell University
    National Champion 1967, 1970
    ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
    Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

I love the fact that evo-devo considers humans to just be digestive tracts that threw a bunch of after-market gimmicks on to improve the hunt for food (legs, hands, cerebral cortex) and to reproduce. Really puts us in our correct biological context.
      I mean that isn't technically incorrect. The whole point of existence is being the best at feeding and ****ing.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
      iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
      gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
      Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
      Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
      TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
      DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

His argument is because there is a diffusion membrane between the mother's body and the placenta that it counts as two separate people. By that reasoning, isn't my entire digestive tract another person that runs from my mouth to my butthole? (Sorry, I know by saying "mouth to butthole" I've summoned Jeb's mom.)
        There was a response that said something to the effect of "if you had kept reading wikipedia past the part you plagiarized you would see that there is more to it than that" and then posted the next section which made his whole argument look even worse.
        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I mean that isn't technically incorrect. The whole point of existence is being the best at feeding and ****ing.
          "All it does is swim, and eat, and make little sharks."
          Cornell University
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post

There was a response that said something to the effect of "if you had kept reading wikipedia past the part you plagiarized you would see that there is more to it than that" and then posted the next section which made his whole argument look even worse.
            Yeah for the record I'm not saying his argument was even correct in the first place. It's been 25 years since high school biology, and I do not intend to pass laws restricting people based on however incomplete my knowledge is.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
            iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
            gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
            Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
            Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
            TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
            DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

His argument is because there is a diffusion membrane between the mother's body and the placenta that it counts as two separate people. By that reasoning, isn't my entire digestive tract another person that runs from my mouth to my butthole? (Sorry, I know by saying "mouth to butthole" I've summoned Jeb's mom.)
              You owe me a coffee.
              Code:
              As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
              College Hockey 6       College Football 0
              BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
              Originally posted by SanTropez
              May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
              Originally posted by bigblue_dl
              I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
              Originally posted by Kepler
              When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
              He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• So, I'm experimenting with a way to try to trace political stances back to values, potentially as a way to get people who disagree to have a common rational ground of discourse.

The idea (still murky) is like diagramming a sentence. Start with the end point: what a concrete policy (P) you support. Then trace back through direct linage to the assertions (A) you hold about facts, and eventually terminate back in your values (V) which are free-standing. Ideally, we would all ground back in the same essential democratic republican (small d, small r) values:

V1: equality before the law is preferred
                V2: equality of opportunity is preferred
                V3: freedom of conscience is preferred
                V4: freedom from coercion is preferred

So, for example, my chain to support my position on abortion:

P1: the right to abortion should be protected
                A1: reproductive rights should be protected
                A2: bodily autonomy is preferred
                V4: freedom from coercion is preferred

Maybe doing something like this can draw the toxicity out of the argument. Maybe it can locate exactly where disagreements are, allowing progress and even compromise. Arguments would then be about the validity of assertions, or challenging the connection between steps.

Obviously this only works with sincere interlocutors. You could not do this analysis with an Alex Jones, say, let alone a Dump.

Last edited by Kepler; 08-11-2022, 04:19 PM.
                Cornell University

Comment

• You cant do it it with abortion in general because of the God factor...but otherwise it is a good idea.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Holy Hannah. I read that tweet and wanted to bleach my brain. My immediate thought- I would like to see that a55hole try to tell a woman who feeling overly pregnant that the fetus is 'floating' in the womb. Pretty sure a few I knew would have reached down his throat, bypassed his tonsils and ripped his balls out from the inside. This must be a direct result of banning actual health class that explains reproduction.

Comment

• If this guy didn’t have kids, I’d suspect he doesn’t even Know which hole to put it into

Comment

• I absolutely love that he doubled down on that too. He's like... the entire MAGA pathos distilled into one execrable piece of garbage.
                        I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                          If this guy didn’t have kids, I’d suspect he doesn’t even Know which hole to put it into
                          I'm starting to think conservatives are the children born when you put it in the stink. It would explain a lot.
                          Cornell University

Comment

• Not mature enough to have an abortion so let’s force her to have the baby

her fault for having sex

https://twitter.com/mjs_dc/status/15...vaXmEMRvilkR7w

Comment

Not mature enough to have an abortion so let’s force her to have the baby

her fault for having sex

At best if things continue like they have been trending in this country for 30 years now we will be Afghanistan in another 30 years. At best.

Comment

Not mature enough to have an abortion so let’s force her to have the baby

her fault for having sex

The same logic has been applied to the AR-15.
                                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                                Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Working...
                                X