X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RaceBoarder
    replied
    Do you not go to a chain pharmacy like CVS/Walgreens? They don't look in their system and track down your script and allow you to pick it up at another location or have it shipped to your current location?

The locations by me can get anything within a day or two if there isn't any of it at one one the 10 or so locations within an hour of me.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Oh, and since they write three months of scripts at a time and put two on hold, every month I get to play a game of guess whether my pharmacy has any "on hold" left because of the musical chairs. So then it's another call to my doctor.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    I am utterly baffled by that. It's the easiest thing in the world. Push a few buttons, go pick it up at the pharmacy (or they mail it to you). I used to maintain the Surescripts interface. It just... worked.
    With mail I could bring it to a pharmacy and say "hey, do you have this? No, ok, I can go down the street."

Now it's a game of having my doctor send the script. Then I have to call the pharmacy to fill it. Then they tell me they don't have it. Then I have to have my doctor cancel it and write and entirely new script to a different pharmacy and hope they have it.

What took one person 10 seconds, another person 30 seconds now takes three people hours.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    I am utterly baffled by that. It's the easiest thing in the world. Push a few buttons, go pick it up at the pharmacy (or they mail it to you). I used to maintain the Surescripts interface. It just... worked.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied
    Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post

At my current company it went:

1. Hire consultants
    2. Plan for 2 years
    3. Realize it's too many different systems and too complicated so only do partial rollout
    4. Push back dates a year, get informed you're 50% over budget
    5. Second partial rollout
    6. SAP doesn't communicate with your other systems that you didn't convert, creating a lot of duplicated work for everyone
    7. Delay full roll out indefinitely
    8. Sell division to a diferent company, now it's someone else's problem
    God that sounds familiar. I think we're on indefinite hiatus as well.

Leave a comment:

• dxmnkd316
    replied

Wow. Crazy.

In MA, you can't even prescribe via paper without indicating that the eRX system is temporarily down.

How does this impact Medicare payments? They require all sorts of things related to digital validation and attestation.
    ePrescriptions are the worst ****ing thing on earth. I hope the person who invented them got run over by a goddamn bus.

They've made my life, my doctor's life, and pharmacists lives a living hell

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied

Obviously not. Sanctuary for the unborn. Pregnant women are already born, we don't care about them.

I'll have to tell my liberal parents that grew up in Sparta about the sanctuary for the unborn.
    When I first started reading this I caught a "w" in my peripheral, read the first sentence as completely serious and assumed it was whalers.

I then read the second sentence and confirmed the author is a different "w".

Sadly he would 100% write the first without a hint of jest.

Leave a comment:

• wolverineTrumpet
    replied
    Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    Gee, does that mean they are going to provide healthcare, feed and house the pregnant women?
    Obviously not. Sanctuary for the unborn. Pregnant women are already born, we don't care about them.

I'll have to tell my liberal parents that grew up in Sparta about the sanctuary for the unborn.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Sell division to a different company, now it's someone else's problem
    "Prepare three envelopes..."

Leave a comment:

• wolverineTrumpet
    replied
    Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post

SAP consultants are the blurst. Almost every rollout goes like this

1. Hire consultants
    2. Plan for 2 years
    3. First roll out is a disaster
    5. Second rollout is a disaster
    6. Fire every ****ing one of the consultants
    7. Delay everything 2-3 more years, double or triple the budget.
    8. Attempt to survive the next 5 years
    9. Spend the next twenty years healing scars and PTSD from your employees who went through it and stayed with you
    At my current company it went:

1. Hire consultants
    2. Plan for 2 years
    3. Realize it's too many different systems and too complicated so only do partial rollout
    5. Second partial rollout
    6. SAP doesn't communicate with your other systems that you didn't convert, creating a lot of duplicated work for everyone
    7. Delay full roll out indefinitely
    8. Sell division to a diferent company, now it's someone else's problem

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by psych View Post

It isn’t. My company has decided it’s cheaper to pay the fines for not transitioning to electronic medical records than it is to pay for transitioning to electronic medical records. That said, they’re piloting electronic charting somewhere in the company, so I’m sure it’s just a matter of time before it’s rolled out everywhere.
    Wow. Crazy.

In MA, you can't even prescribe via paper without indicating that the eRX system is temporarily down.

How does this impact Medicare payments? They require all sorts of things related to digital validation and attestation.

Leave a comment:

• psych
    replied

How is this even legal at this point, in 2023? It definitely isn't in MA.
    It isn’t. My company has decided it’s cheaper to pay the fines for not transitioning to electronic medical records than it is to pay for transitioning to electronic medical records. That said, they’re piloting electronic charting somewhere in the company, so I’m sure it’s just a matter of time before it’s rolled out everywhere.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    Create a UI that mimics the paper forms, that UI would then transcribe their handwriting to values input into the DB.

Some level of compromise would be needed for the layout of the form to allow for easy translation from pure free-form to freeish-form. This would make data collection quicker and help reduce transcription errors.
    Most of the documentation forms in Epic look vaguely like a piece of paper. the biggest issues are in the discrete data fields. You must choose a pre-defined option. Now, younger staff recognize shortcuts like "just type 'y' for 'yes'" and the like, but many will meticulously click the list, choose the option, and then to the next. Or they refuse to use note templates, or other efficiency boosters. Hell, we even have transcription available on the mobile app version.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post

Lack of coordination of care can also be exacerbated by lack of ehr as I’m sure you’re aware. That’s one of swedens biggest issues- not having access to the right records when needed
    Absolutely. Without getting into details, someone I know has COPD and is just in and out of NY-area hospitals and the family refuses to allow hospitals to share data. The result is ridiculously disjointed care.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by psych View Post
    We still use paper charting. *shoulder shrug*
    How is this even legal at this point, in 2023? It definitely isn't in MA.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X