X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Amazing how Trudeau owns him while remaining polite, calm, and rational. Major "alpha" energy for a leader who's supposedly just a pretty boy with his dad's money and connections. ;-)

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Trudeau and a troll

https://twitter.com/kaivanshroff/sta...3v2cVkMjQylOVg

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
    We are watching the dismantling of the country. It only works if people respect the systems. There are a whole subset of people who are willing to destroy hundreds of yrs of precedent, judges who are going along. Even if the suits are thrown out, the cost and the time are so disruptive it can't sustain. So freaking glad I am no longer in the system. It would scare the bejesus out of me. (At this point only 1 of my peers is still practicing. Everyone else is out.)
    Correct on all counts. See 1980.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    A great irony: the mob is the enemy of democracy.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied
    We are watching the dismantling of the country. It only works if people respect the systems. There are a whole subset of people who are willing to destroy hundreds of yrs of precedent, judges who are going along. Even if the suits are thrown out, the cost and the time are so disruptive it can't sustain. So freaking glad I am no longer in the system. It would scare the bejesus out of me. (At this point only 1 of my peers is still practicing. Everyone else is out.)

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    It destroys the very concept of legal standing as well. This group of doctors incorporated in Amarillo, TX days after the Dobbs decision and sued on behalf of women they never treated. If this stands, literally any doctor could sue on behalf of anyone, on any medication or treatment or vaccine.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    We need a case to ban viagara

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied
    This goes WAY beyond whether or not this medication is available. If upheld it opens the door for just about any medication/vaccines/treatments to be challenged. It doesn't matter how long they have been used or how successful. Many of the meds that are old standards were used way before the current regs were instituted. While most people are freaking about this med a fair amount of us are freaking about the potential for complete chaos as wackos file cases and we get conflicting rulings. The potential for huge legal bills as things wend their way thru the system- get appealed, overturnrned, challenged, etc. If you were whining before about the cost of meds wait til you see what happens when they tack on the overhead for this.

The dark ages. [Early Middle Ages ...in Western Europe after the fall of the Western Roman Empire that characterises it as marked by economic, intellectual and cultural decline.] Always wondered how this was managed. They managed to suppress and label as evil- science, culture, medicine. They killed the herbalists, the healers and labeled them witches. They labeled many treatments evil. It didn't matter how far they fell, how many people died from lack of treatment, how squalid, dangerous, or amoral, it only mattered they stayed in power.

Unbelievable as it seems, it looks like we are getting to see a replay of how this was managed. Dismantling of the medical system- the uneducated ignorant are ignoring, delegitimizing and labeling as evil, things they don't understand. If you told me, even 10 yrs ago this would be possible I would have laughed. Not laughing now. This is dam scary and the long term implications are even more so. Even if this case doesn't succeed, the legal system is no longer trustworthy. Practicing medicine is like a giant minefield- the jeopardy for practicing evidence based medicine is real depending on where you are, or as this shows- even if you chose to avoid the crazy places.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

This ruling is fascinating. Here we have a conservative Judge issuing a ruling of the exact mechanism and type that the conservatives hate the most and they're all fine with it. They're all a bunch of ****ing hypocrites.
    Determine the outcome, and work backwards. Consistency in process is a bug, not a feature. Consistency in outcome is all that matters.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Swansong View Post
    States Rights! Roe was wrongly decided! Freedumb!
    This ruling is fascinating. Here we have a conservative Judge issuing a ruling of the exact mechanism and type that the conservatives hate the most and they're all fine with it. They're all a bunch of ****ing hypocrites.

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post
    As expected, the Texas Federal "judge" ruled against the FDA on the abortion pill.

Less expectedly, an actual federal judge in Washington state issued a conflicting order affirming the FDA less than an hour later. So we're likely headed to SCOTUS in the medium term after the respective courts of appeals weigh in.
    I look forward to whatever mental gymnastics lead to the Court declaring that the FDA doesn't have the power to decide what food and drugs are safe to use.

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    States Rights! Roe was wrongly decided! Freedumb!

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    As expected, the Texas Federal "judge" ruled against the FDA on the abortion pill.

Less expectedly, an actual federal judge in Washington state issued a conflicting order affirming the FDA less than an hour later. So we're likely headed to SCOTUS in the medium term after the respective courts of appeals weigh in.

Leave a comment:

• SonofSouthie
    replied
    A Wisconsin man was identified from DNA pulled from a partially eaten burrito and arrested in the firebombing of an anti-abortion lobbying group’s office last year, prosecutors said.
    The man, Hridindu Sankar Roychowdhury, 29, of Madison, Wisconsin, was arrested at Logan International Airport in Boston on Tuesday, according to the office of the U.S. attorney for the Western District of Wisconsin in Madison.
    He was charged with one felony count of attempting to cause damage by means of fire or an explosive.

https://www.boston.com/news/crime/20...ort-wisconsin/

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    Just start shooting rape victims or women who may die

https://twitter.com/alannavagianos/s...3v2cVkMjQylOVg
    But they're not the American Taliban.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X