The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Part Deux: Electric Boogaloo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

By mental health care they mean witch trials.
    Potato, po-witch trials.
    I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Gosh, getting to be so attractive to be a doctor in Louisiana

https://twitter.com/bykatesmith/stat...u53IT-8rMuhapg

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
        Gosh, getting to be so attractive to be a doctor in Louisiana

And Democrats had the power to stop it. This is how far RIGHT the middle has come.

- Louisiana's Governor is a Democrat. - The state senator who authored the beefed-up trigger ban is a Democrat.
        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• They don't want to stop it...they wrote it because Louisiana is as corrupt politically as any state including Illinois. Been that way forever...

Fucking pathetic and sad...
          "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
          -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
          -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
          -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Gosh, getting to be so attractive to be a doctor in Louisiana

Sadly not news. Louisiana is one of the worst cesspools of medical care. Other than not needing a visa you might as well be practicing in a 3rd world country. They already have a lack of Providers and horrid stats for Prenatal care, infant mortality, and multiple chronic disease markers.

Comment

• A judge in Brazil has refused to let an 11-year-old rape victim have an abortion — and ordered the girl to be detained to prevent her from trying to get one. This is the kind of rights-abusing madness the US can look forward to...
              https://twitter.com/astroehlein/stat...12486847815681

Why does the World hate women and little girls? I do not understand it.

Elsewhere in the hearing, the judge discussed giving the infant up for adoption, telling the girl there were “30,000 couples who wanted the baby.”

She also asked if the girl wanted to “choose the baby’s name” and if the man who raped her would agree with putting the child up for adoption.

The Court of Justice of Santa Catarina has since said its internal affairs department is looking into the judge’s ruling.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                Why does the World hate women and little girls? I do not understand it.
                Yes you do.

Cornell University
                National Champion 1967, 1970
                ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• The treatment for an ectopic pregnancy is abortion. The treatment for a septic uterus is abortion. The treatment for a miscarriage that your body won’t release is abortion. If you can’t get those abortions, you die. You. Die.
                  https://twitter.com/elizabethlgr/sta...85208196993031

Comment

• "Dead people can't vote..."
                    -GOP Probably

"God wants them to die...his Plan!"
                    -joecct For Sure
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• Well, now we get to see how this motivates voters in roughly 4.5 months. It's no longer hypothetical.

Comment

• Originally posted by unofan View Post
                        Well, now we get to see how this motivates voters in roughly 4.5 months. It's no longer hypothetical.
                        Yup. Hey ladies! Vote now before they take that from you.

It all starts with women. They can annihilate the red plague in three election cycles. Men clearly are not going to do the job.

The real moral majority needs to step up.
                        Cornell University
                        National Champion 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• A big hearty fuck you to the men here that said the court would never touch this and we were all being hysterical.

and don’t start on me with the states rights bull****. They’ve amped up the federal ban talk just this morning

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Yup. Hey ladies! Vote now before they take that from you.
                            This room of Stepford wives would disagree with you..

https://twitter.com/therecount/statu...67857653108740

Pretty sure they'd be just fine with not having to be bothered to vote ever again.
                            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post

This room of Stepford wives would disagree with you..

https://twitter.com/therecount/statu...67857653108740

Pretty sure they'd be just fine with not having to be bothered to vote ever again.
                              Serena Joy is going to find out this doesn't work as well for her as she hoped.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                              iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                              gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                              Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                              Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                              TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                              DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

A big hearty fuck you to the men here that said the court would never touch this and we were all being hysterical.

and don’t start on me with the states rights bull****. They’ve amped up the federal ban talk just this morning
                                Dark Ages (noun)
                                1. the period in European history from about a.d. 476 to about 1000. 2. the whole of the Middle Ages, from about a.d. 476 to the Renaissance. 3. a period or stage marked by repressiveness, a lack of enlightenment or advanced knowledge, etc

I posted this in 2016 when the previous 'President' was elected. I was being 'over the top' and childish (someone who used to post on Board). Never forgot that post and his response. It was so incredible to me that anyone could be that clueless and ignorant as to feel there was going to be no change and if there was it wasn't bothersome.

Posted this earlier on FB. As a Medical provider (thankfully retired) W t EFF!!

This leaves me wondering a whole lot about medical ethics and legal ramifications. Some States have laws written by non-medical people, ignorant of basic medical facts, that are incongruent with standard of care ie treatment of ectopic pregnancy. If you deny a woman treatment of ectopic pregnancy, the tube ruptures and death or complete loss of fertility ensues- what then? Can the woman go to another State and sue saying she was denied standard medical care? Some of the laws make it illegal to advise women where to obtain the care that is considered life saving or standard of care. It is also legally and ethically required that medical professionals provide information regarding what care would be recommended. They also make it a felony to do what considered negligent to not do. It could be argued the law would precluded care but if these laws are allowing people to sue for breaking the law across State lines I can't see how this would not be equally possible.

With the completely schizoid rulings- women do not have bodily rights, fetus (not yet a sentient being) do. States have no rights to protect their citizens re guns but they are the only ones who have rights to compel a woman to forgo medical care. How they will deal with this dilemma? As a Provider, if I am caring for a woman, diagnose her with an ectopic pregnancy, and do not steer her to immediate treatment I would be sued- rightfully so. It is a life threatening condition and treatment is available. To not treat it is unethical, amoral, grounds to sue for negligence and loss of license. It would put her life at risk and for sure impair her fertility. Some of the trigger laws make it a felony to treat it or to advise where to go to get treatment for ectopic pregnancy, retained products of miscarriage, septic uterus, etc.

I want to know what pro-birth people think is next? In developed countries the US is the worst at many medical measures regarding maternal, child and family health care- availability of care, affordable care, maternal and infant mortality, childcare, parental leave, food insecurity, housing, education... (many of these measures have worsened since I was in nursing school in the late 70s-early 80s).
                                The States banning abortion are the worst at all of these stats. They do not fund at State level and depend on federal dollars which have also been decreasing. They also are vehemently against funding social net programs that would support families and help them be successful. Does this mean we are now going to see a wave of initiatives to address the deficiencies? Are we going to see even worse stats and keep hearing all about how these people shouldn't have kids if they can't afford them*.

Keep seeing- VOTE!! BS to that. The ignorant idiots who are promoting birth, with no plan past coming out the vagina, are elected by people just as ignorant as they are. The pockets of amoral and ethically challenged are gerrymandered into voting blocks that prevent voting from being successful. VOting is important but it isn't the cure.

We need to challenge those who are celebrating, claiming to be pro-'life'. They need to be asked the hard questions, they are the ones who have to take ownership of more than promoting birth. I cannot count the times I have heard trite answers in response to what happens after the birth occurs. Statistically pregnancy lowers socioeconomic expectations for the woman, for the couple- whether the pregnancy is planned or not. What are REAL answers that address supporting women and families?

*Many people are ignorant of the main reason people have abortion. Not every woman who accesses abortion is a sexpot, loose single woman who has sex indiscriminately. Many, many women are partnered or married, have other children, have birth control that failed and must make a choice to be able to feed themselves, their families, keep their jobs, etc. Almost every woman I counseled who chose abortion did so because they had barriers that would prevent them from continuing pregnancy from a moral standpoint
                                Last edited by leswp1; 06-24-2022, 01:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X