X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Interesting listening to Chris Christie on MSNBC this morning. He seemed to be drawing a parallel between just as many abortions in the 9th month are about just getting rid of the healthy baby from the healthy mother as dire medical conditions of either the mother or baby in the 9th month.

I haven't seen any stats that back this up. Has anyone else?
    He's a lying sack of dogsh*t, just like his former buddy Chump. Him and the rest of the GOP whales are circling the rube krill for their next bubble-net feeding.

Always Be Grifting

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    I’d need to see stats on that. I’m not aware of docs or states that allow late term abortions for funsies
    It seemed like a dodge of the question being asked and they didn't hammer him on it. Which was disappointing.

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied
    Interesting listening to Chris Christie on MSNBC this morning. He seemed to be drawing a parallel between just as many abortions in the 9th month are about just getting rid of the healthy baby from the healthy mother as dire medical conditions of either the mother or baby in the 9th month.

No, because it's patently false.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

If that's what he said he is a lying sack.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    I’d need to see stats on that. I’m not aware of docs or states that allow late term abortions for funsies

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
    “When you make a choice to have a child”

he’s so close to getting it

https://twitter.com/heartlandsignal/...3v2cVkMjQylOVg
    Not really. It's just the usual "pregnancy is punishment for women for having sex," repackaged yet again.

If I had a time machine, I'd kill Augustine and then see how things shake out.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    “When you make a choice to have a child”

he’s so close to getting it

https://twitter.com/heartlandsignal/...3v2cVkMjQylOVg

Leave a comment:

• Slap Shot
    replied
    Originally posted by leswp1 View Post

I take exception to this. Not convinced women are "happy" or that they are "brainless, docile broodsows". How much choice do these women actually have? There is a huge difference between knowingly accepting this is the way things are and being unaware there are other options, being able to find somewhere where these options are available and being able to survive without significant risk to the ability to live without support.

I often tell the story of one of my classmates in nursing school. She was in her 40s. Had grown up going to parochial schools, went to a Catholic college for Nursing and then worked at a Catholic hospital. She lived in a city which was predominantly Catholic with a newspaper and radio that fit the Catholic model. She was on her 5th child, sobbing, when a nurse told her about birth control. She was completely unaware it existed. Her description of discovering her ignorance and her struggle to fit this into the world she thought she knew was an epiphany moment for many of us who hadn't grown up insulated.

Yes, this was yrs ago but it is possible some of the women you reference are in similar environments. My Uncle, a more open minded individual living in IN often is completely unaware of things that are saturating what I would consider mainstream media. The available media in his area is Faux news. He knows they are not trustworthy but he often is unaware of things they don't report. You have to be aware to ask questions.

Longwinded way of saying it is possible the women are unaware but to call them brainless, docile, broodsows is offensive and makes assumptions that may not be at all correct

Well said.
    Last edited by Slap Shot; 06-03-2023, 01:52 AM.

Leave a comment:

• leswp1
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I would love to believe Dobbs leads inevitably and quickly to the complete death of the GOP and a new Era of Good Feelings, where the 70% of us who are sane agree to shut the 30% of orcs completely out of the political process. 51% of almost every district is female.

But Death Cult Brainwashing controls most of rural America, and without education the women in those communities appear happy to be brainless, docile broodsows.

I take exception to this. Not convinced women are "happy" or that they are "brainless, docile broodsows". How much choice do these women actually have? There is a huge difference between knowingly accepting this is the way things are and being unaware there are other options, being able to find somewhere where these options are available and being able to survive without significant risk to the ability to live without support.

I often tell the story of one of my classmates in nursing school. She was in her 40s. Had grown up going to parochial schools, went to a Catholic college for Nursing and then worked at a Catholic hospital. She lived in a city which was predominantly Catholic with a newspaper and radio that fit the Catholic model. She was on her 5th child, sobbing, when a nurse told her about birth control. She was completely unaware it existed. Her description of discovering her ignorance and her struggle to fit this into the world she thought she knew was an epiphany moment for many of us who hadn't grown up insulated.

Yes, this was yrs ago but it is possible some of the women you reference are in similar environments. My Uncle, a more open minded individual living in IN often is completely unaware of things that are saturating what I would consider mainstream media. The available media in his area is Faux news. He knows they are not trustworthy but he often is unaware of things they don't report. You have to be aware to ask questions.

Longwinded way of saying it is possible the women are unaware but to call them brainless, docile, broodsows is offensive and makes assumptions that may not be at all correct

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    I would love to believe Dobbs leads inevitably and quickly to the complete death of the GOP and a new Era of Good Feelings, where the 70% of us who are sane agree to shut the 30% of orcs completely out of the political process. 51% of almost every district is female.

But Death Cult Brainwashing controls most of rural America, and without education the women in those communities appear happy to be brainless, docile broodsows.
    I suppose this is a bad time to note that The Era of Good Feelings was anything but, and was immediately followed by the Jacksonian Era...

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied

Last edited by Kepler; 05-28-2023, 11:48 AM.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Well, this is ****ing BS.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K7Qa9COk4vQ

Remind me to stay the **** away from Indiana and Ohio. The Attorney General of Indiana should be the one getting reprimanded.
    Ohio, Indiana, downstate Illinois, and western lower Michigan are just Cold Dixie. Somewhat blue-ish cities surrounded by deep red Christofascist derp.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied

Just going to leave this here...

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    This just in: monsters are monsters.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X