No announcement yet.

The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Part Deux: Electric Boogaloo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfortunately I think Mother Nature shot Karma with an AR-15. Mother Nature is in charge.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• I agree with Les - literally everything she said - but it doesn't change the fact that we aren't arguing about "when" should we allow abortion, but "whether". All of this is a side argument.

Yes, a vital one, but when discussing the very existence of a thing, don't get mired in the details of the ways to support the thing.
      I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
        Sorry Kep! I whited it out
        Gotta use grey in a quote.

Never mind, this is silly. Quote away!
        Cornell University
        National Champion 1967, 1970
        ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
        Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by leswp1 View Post
          Our country-
          -abysmal sex ed, none at all, people that need it most can opt out.
          -access to birth control is actively being reduced. It is costly. If woman has insurance, the insurance can opt out of covering it.
          -lack of facilities and Providers to provide care (many have to travel greater than an hour) for GYN, OB, Pedi care
          -no reliable coverage/limited or capped coverage for medical costs for pregnant woman, child
          -no coverage of sick time if the woman is put on medical leave
          -no standard parental leave- if PT worker- no paid leave.
          -lack of daycare facilities, no consistent early ed unless you are able to pay privately
          - lack of programs to help provide for good nutrition
          -Women in this country may not have the ability to access care in a timely manner which increases the risk of needing intervention later than 12 weeks

** Bonus- we have folks actively creating legislation that is not medically sound, not based in science or reality. It can be argued that if one follows the letter of the law you could be sued for malpractice and negligence because the law forbids standard care with no defendable reason.

This country is fvcked up. We have a very small percentage of pro-birth people that have little if any knowledge of the implications of what they are legislating but have managed to leverage the ability to pass laws that the majority of citizens are violently opposed to. They claim to care about life but they only want the fetus incubated. Once it comes out then they revert to passing judgement on women who have babies they can't afford or care for and continue to block any sort of program that would assist in making sure the baby was set up for success.

Worked Family Practice for just under 30yrs. Birth to death, OB care. The sight of these a55hats blathering on about being 'pro-life' make me want to puke. They are the same dick heads who are shutting down Medical clinics that provide birth control, healthcare, supporting the non-coverage of birth control, cutting programs that support children, education, nutrition, etc. I really wish Karma would do her job.
          All of this.

The Right is a cultural movement to repeal modernity. Same personality type and same goals as the Wahhabists. "Restore morality." "Restore natural law." "Restore modesty and godliness." Given that the penalty in the afterlife is eternal torture, this justifies a civil punishment in this life for deviation from these values. The Right believes this both as a matter of scripture and pragmatism (Pascal's wager). And they are willing, if not eager, to inflict pain to achieve their ends.

Conservatives fight so dirty because they live in terror. They are a cornered animal that will kill us all unless we keep them from the instruments of power.

Last edited by Kepler; 05-16-2022, 08:58 AM.
          Cornell University
          National Champion 1967, 1970
          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Man, did that line not age well. Geddy Lee. Awesome musician. Dipsh-t thinker.
            Neil Peart wrote the lyrics. Awesome musician, amazing poet.

Here's my modification to a lyric from that song for the topic at hand:

'give women a path that's clear, let them have freewill'

Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
            wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
            7 B1G
            7 CCHA (all except St Thomas)
            6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU)
            5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont)
            5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson)
            2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT)
            2 Alaskan

Comment

• Why are folks so upset?
              This leak has spurred state legislators to get off their well-per-diem'd tushies and do something, just as RBG chided them years ago.

A narrower decision, she felt, was normal and proper judicial behavior, and if the court had exercised more restraint, the country would not have had the decades of controversy we have witnessed. Given that state legislatures were already leaning toward liberalization of abortion statutes, abortion would have soon become widely legal through legislative means, with broader support. In that sense, Ginsburg implied, Roe was counterproductive.
              This will go A10, and the battle will be in States. Not each State will have the same outcome. And yet we'll have laws that better stand the Constitutionality test.
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• jfc
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post
                  This will go A10
                  Tell whatever Facebook University that gave you a B.S. degree in law that you want your money back. Because the A10 is a mediocre basketball conference, and continually trying to make it a thing makes you sound as stupid as your boy Trump talking about Two Corinthians.

Comment

• *** is A10?

edit: you can say "fuck" but you cant type out the initials for "What the Fuck"?
                    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

• "The enumeration in the Constitution, of certain rights, shall not be construed to deny or disparage others retained by the people."

Rights >> Powers

IX >> X
                      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        *** is A10?

edit: you can say "fuck" but you cant type out the initials for "What the Fuck"?
                        You’ll eventually get a Manila envelope that explains it

Comment

• A10 can go fuck itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                            *** is A10?

He's trying to make it a hip shorthand for the Tenth Amendment. Because everyone refers to A1 when talking about religion and A2 when talking about gun rights, dontcha know. /sarcasm

God I wish the emotes still worked because the rolleyes emote is sorely needed.

Comment

• Even if this dumb side track meant anything, I fundamentally disagree with RBG on this. The anti-abortion crowd will never stop until all abortion is criminalized everywhere.
                              I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                                Even if this dumb side track meant anything, I fundamentally disagree with RBG on this. The anti-abortion crowd will never stop until all abortion is criminalized everywhere.
                                I may not agree with their thought process but I respect those who feel this is a life being terminated. The minute they take that as a stand alone and ignore all the complications that come with declaring this then I am lost. The anti-abortion crowd long ago stopped thinking and now just twitch any time someone rings the bell. The only thing not guaranteed is whether they drool down their front or swallow the spit.

Comment

Working...
                                X