X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post

It's one of the states that is actually turning red. And the redder it gets, the worse it gets.
    Turning red:

IA (6)
    OH (17)
    WI? (10)
    Inevitably PA? (19)

Turning blue:

AZ (11)
    GA (16)
    NC? (16)
    Inevitably... TX? (40)

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    It's one of the states that is actually turning red. And the redder it gets, the worse it gets.
    Well, duh - the smart ones understandably leave the Idiots Out Wandering Around behind.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    FYI, Iowa now sucks even more than it used to suck.

Leave a comment:

• TalonsUpPuckDown
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post
    Does anybody go to Iowa for college who is not from Iowa?

I'm not actually being a jerk; I wonder. University of Iowa was once pretty good for English and Writing, I think.

I know a Hawaiian guy who went to ISU for college and partied non-stop for 4 years, during which he realized he was Super Duper Gay, had many, many, many opportunities with the local Fundy lads, and loved it. He still goes back every year.
    Quite a few Chicagoland folks end up in Iowa City.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    I would actively discourage any self-respecting young woman from enrolling at schools in states that have severe abortion restrictions like the 6-week bills.

Leave a comment:

• psych
    replied
    Grinnell is one of the best liberal arts colleges in the country. Quite a few people from outside Iowa attend Grinnell.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Does anybody go to Iowa for college who is not from Iowa?

I'm not actually being a jerk; I wonder. University of Iowa was once pretty good for English and Writing, I think.

I know a Hawaiian guy who went to ISU for college and partied non-stop for 4 years, during which he realized he was Super Duper Gay, had many, many, many opportunities with the local Fundy lads, and loved it. He still goes back every year.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    Yeah most of the smart people got out if they could. I used to go there a lot when my grandparents lived there and it is just not the same. And it won't change much going forward because there is zero incentive to move there unless you are going to one of the colleges.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

What happened? Iowa was once the sane-ish prairie state. Now it's as stupid and Christofascist as Kansas or Nebraska.

Did everyone with a working cerebral cortex leave like the Dakotas?
    Decades of anti-labor efforts, more college grads, and thus brain drain to Chicago, MSP, and the coasts.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    What happened? Iowa was once the sane-ish prairie state. Now it's as stupid and Christofascist as Kansas or Nebraska.

Did everyone with a working cerebral cortex leave like the Dakotas?

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Speaking of Iowa, I love this! Please, keep them fighting each other in a state that offers little electoral relevancy these days.

In 2-3 years, I would love to see the trendline of foreign & out-of-state university enrollment numbers for each state that enacts a 6-week abortion bill.

Leave a comment:

• St. Clown
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Swansong
    replied
    Yeah he's absolutely lying. Even the most progressive states on abortion limit it - without medical necessity anyway.- to 24 weeks or thereabouts. There are no "because I don't want the baby" 32+ week abortions.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
    Always Be Grifting
    Grifting Old Pedophiles

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    That's what I figured. Bad journalism on the interviewers part.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X