X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MissThundercat
    replied
    Originally posted by psych View Post

People join the military to sightsee around the world and get free abortions while they’re at it. Sounds like a sweet gig.
    I understand as part of a limited time offer that people can trans their gender if they want to.

Leave a comment:

• psych
    replied
    Originally posted by Handyman View Post
    What does that even mean?
    People join the military to sightsee around the world and get free abortions while they’re at it. Sounds like a sweet gig.

Leave a comment:

• Handyman
    replied
    What does that even mean?

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Tom cotton calls the military providing abortions “abortion tourism.”

Leave a comment:

• French Rage
    replied
    Originally posted by SJHovey View Post

Combining states won't add more states. But, we could split California into about five states. A couple of Connecticut sized states around LA and the Bay area, and three more for the rest of the territory.
    Yeah yeah, we know what your game is in splitting up CA. We do that, you gotta let in DC and combine some of those plains states that would still result in one of the smallest states population-wise.

Leave a comment:

• SJHovey
    replied
    Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Add more states. Puerto Rico, DC for starters. I don't know how we combine the 8 states in the empty middle of the country but that should be done somehow.
    Combining states won't add more states. But, we could split California into about five states. A couple of Connecticut sized states around LA and the Bay area, and three more for the rest of the territory.

Leave a comment:

• bronconick
    replied

You need 3/4s of Congress right? I guess it is fair to say we will never get that. Just too many racist states.
    1. The inhabitants of the proposed new state are imbued with and are sympathetic toward the principles of democracy as exemplified in the American Constitution.

2. A majority of the electorate wish for statehood.

3. The proposed new state has sufficient population and resources to support state government and carry its share of the cost of Federal Government.[8]

Simple majority to pass through Congress, with the usual cloture requirement in the Senate. So, 60 Senators. Still unlikely though not impossible.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by Jimjamesak View Post
    Has to pass through Congress and all states involved would have to agree and approve it.
    You need 3/4s of Congress right? I guess it is fair to say we will never get that. Just too many racist states.

Leave a comment:

• Deutsche Gopher Fan
    replied
    Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post

I read that a large group of previously registered GOP female voters in FL are now actively campaigning against Meatball and have flipped to the Dems.
    Yea the old hags who wanted to punish you get people on alimony changes but gasp not themselves!

bishes will still vote R

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    “No middle ground,” Tommy Tuberville told me, saying he would continue holding up DOD nominees (more than 250 and counting) until the Pentagon scraps its abortion policy and the Senate holds a vote on it. (Such a vote would fail to get 60 votes.)
    https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1679327511967150080

Eventually our military is going to have to start outsourcing cause no one in their right mind is going to join.

Leave a comment:

• FadeToBlack&Gold
    replied
    Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    We now refuse to add States even though we had been doing it all along. DC and Puerto Rico are long overdue.
    Too brown

Leave a comment:

• Jimjamesak
    replied

Add more states. Puerto Rico, DC for starters. I don't know how we combine the 8 states in the empty middle of the country but that should be done somehow.
    Has to pass through Congress and all states involved would have to agree and approve it.

Leave a comment:

• Kepler
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post
    The fix to the house and the EC is to expand the house by 2 or 3x. It hasn't expanded in over 100 years even as population has exploded.

The Senate is what it is, unfortunately.

Leave a comment:

• ScoobyDoo
    replied
    Originally posted by unofan View Post
    The fix to the house and the EC is to expand the house by 2 or 3x. It hasn't expanded in over 100 years even as population has exploded.

Same with the Supreme Court. The Supreme Court is undersized. Even the Senate. We now refuse to add States even though we had been doing it all along. DC and Puerto Rico are long overdue.

Leave a comment:

• unofan
    replied

Leave a comment:

Working...
X