No announcement yet.

The "I Can't Believe There's No Abortion Thread" Part Deux: Electric Boogaloo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is no serious "own the knucks" response because left-wing satire doesn't work that way. Closest it comes is stuff like this:

Comment

• Originally posted by MissThundercat View Post

Like "I put my pronouns in my bio to own the fasc?"
      I mean... kind of.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

• Originally posted by Kepler View Post

Apparently St. Louis is known as "the Rome of the West."

I had no idea about any of this. I thought everybody in the Midwest was either sullen Norwegian Lutheran, watered-down chamber of commerce Episcopalian, or Aimee Semple McPherson snake handler.
        North central are lutherans. Wisky is Methodist and Lutherans, at least in the West. Everyone has pockets of everything.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
          FWIW, triggered a knuck with this shirt while in line at our local frozen custard place last night. He kept staring at it and giving me the hairy eyeball. It's just words on a shirt, bro - why are you so offended? ;-)

Comment

• Manchin joins cunts murkowski and collins refusing to vote to codify roe

Comment

• The French with a tough headline, and a bunch of information I did not know :

US out of step with much of the world on abortion

The United States does, in fact, permit abortions later than many other countries but it is not alone with China and North Korea.

... the United States shared its viability standard with the People's Republic of China and North Korea while the rest of the world is more restrictive ...
              Not exactly the baseline group I'd like to run with ...

According to the Center for Reproductive Rights, 67 countries allow abortion on request, with most of them setting the limit at 12 weeks.

The United States is among a dozen nations that allow abortions to be carried out later along with China but also Britain (24 weeks), Canada (until term) and parts of Australia.

Twelve countries allow abortions after twelve weeks. (The Mississippi law in question is 15 weeks.)
              The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• ... and?
                I gotta little bit of smoke and a whole lotta wine...

Comment

• ****. Even majority catholic nations south of us are giving women rights.

framing this as late term abortions is the cowardly dick move we all expected

maybe be more concerned on how we are one of a few Countries who don’t give paid leave

Comment

• I have no earthly idea when the "right" cutoff is. But the jesusy *******s in Mississippi and Texas don't either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                      I have no earthly idea when the "right" cutoff is. But the jesusy *******s in Mississippi and Texas don't either.
                      It’s a fox talking point that all these women 7+ months pregnant decide to abort the fetus. It’s often mothers finding out about a huge medical viability issue with the baby and have to make terrible decisions to abort or birth a still born or worse, watch it die right after birth. Or risk the mothers life.

people are so fucking ignorant

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                        It’s a fox talking point that all these women 7+ months pregnant decide to abort the fetus. It’s often mothers finding out about a huge medical viability issue with the baby and have to make terrible decisions to abort or birth a still born or worse, watch it die right after birth. Or risk the mothers life.

It's not "often" the reason, it's "almost exclusively".

(you're right, of course, I just want to make sure there are enough exclamation points at the end of your statement)

Comment

• Originally posted by Swansong View Post
                          ... and?
                          The French dunking on us as "out of step" with much of the world and clumping the US in a group with China and North Korea was not on my bingo card.
                          The preceding post may contain trigger words and is not safe-space approved. <-- Virtue signaling.

North Dakota Hockey:

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

The French dunking on us as "out of step" with much of the world and clumping the US in a group with China and North Korea was not on my bingo card.
                            Funny how you just skipped over this line, you disingenuous farktwat:

"And the 12-weeks standard can be misleading because a number of countries permit legal access to abortion later for "social reasons, health reasons (and) socio-economic reasons."

Comment

• Originally posted by Deutsche Gopher Fan View Post
                              That's just about all anyone need say about any issue in this fucked up country.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Sicatoka View Post

Do you think "The French" are just some monolithic single thing? I have no idea who this publication is or who the author is, do you? Do they have an axe to grind? Are they the Newsmax of France? Did you google them at all?

Regardless, I still don't really think that it's ("it" = your point, or the article in general) relevant, and that's before pointing out that it appears you didn't really read the whole article.

Comment

Working...
                                X